PDA

View Full Version : Sooooo this week we are going to take on the very difficult taks of ranking the 3A

Gsquared
06-18-2012, 08:34 AM
districts on Sideline to Sideline. Give us your opionions! And I meant Task, not taks

RoyceTTU
06-18-2012, 08:48 AM
District of Doom

/s/
East Texas Posters

Gsquared
06-18-2012, 08:51 AM
I think there are one or two new "districts of doom" this year

Bullaholic
06-18-2012, 09:20 AM
districts on Sideline to Sideline. Give us your opionions! And I meant Task, not taks

If you're going to rank the Districts, you are going to have to discuss the top teams in each District, so you might as well each make you picks for the playoff teams from each District.....May take more than (1) show....

Gsquared
06-18-2012, 09:30 AM
If you're going to rank the Districts, you are going to have to discuss the top teams in each District, so you might as well each make you picks for the playoff teams from each District.....May take more than (1) show....
Yeah, we will make our playoff picks from the district we rank. Then I think the season preview show, we will probably give those again and then give our picks for state finalists etc...

Lion70
06-18-2012, 09:49 AM

Until they win Championships the others are Pretenders.

Txbroadcaster
06-18-2012, 09:50 AM

not really..we are talking about the whole district not just the top teams.

Txbroadcaster
06-18-2012, 09:50 AM
Until they win Championships the others are Pretenders.

has nothing to do with this year

Lion70
06-18-2012, 09:57 AM
has nothing to do with this year

Says a pretender lol. We kinda have a streak going on just saying.....

Gsquared
06-18-2012, 10:03 AM
Says a pretender lol. We kinda have a streak going on just saying.....
That wouldnt make for a very good broadcast though. Just saying that since the last few years, District # whatever is going to be the best district out there because of what they did in the past, regardless of what they have coming back this year.

Lion70
06-18-2012, 10:08 AM
That wouldnt make for a very good broadcast though. Just saying that since the last few years, District # whatever is going to be the best district out there because of what they did in the past, regardless of what they have coming back this year.

I don't think most 3A listerners live in Denial. To be the Best you gotta beat the best. Until then the Champion resides in East Texas.

Gsquared
06-18-2012, 10:11 AM
I don't think most 3A listerners live in Denial. To be the Best you gotta beat the best. Until then the Champion resides in East Texas.
You are right, last year's champion is the champ until someone else wins it. But, the show is based on our OPINION of what districts are the best out there THIS YEAR. Again, its just our opinion based on this year.

Gsquared
06-18-2012, 10:13 AM
However, we can do a show and just rank this years districts based on each districts performance over the last few years.

CTS
06-18-2012, 10:19 AM
I don't think District 24 will match up to District 16 because of depth and number of teams. Only a 5 team district and the bottom team (Sunnyside) will be bottom 3 in the state. Hat being said you have three top teams that have great pedigree. West Columbia was 13-1 and two time semifinalist last 2 years. Sweeny went 3 rounds last year. And La Marque went 11-4 State Finalist in 2010 and 11-3 Quarterfinalist in 2011 in probably the hardest 4A district in the state.

Those 3 alone probably make District 24 one of the top 3 in the state. Factor in he non district schedules with so few district games and you can have a heck of a road to go through before the playoffs start.

Gsquared
06-18-2012, 10:21 AM
I don't think District 24 will match up to District 16 because of depth and number of teams. Only a 5 team district and the bottom team (Sunnyside) will be bottom 3 in the state. Hat being said you have three top teams that have great pedigree. West Columbia was 13-1 and two time semifinalist last 2 years. Sweeny went 3 rounds last year. And La Marque went 11-4 State Finalist in 2010 and 11-3 Quarterfinalist in 2011 in probably the hardest 4A district in the state.

Those 3 alone probably make District 24 one of the top 3 in the state. Factor in he non district schedules with so few district games and you can have a heck of a road to go through before the playoffs start.
Not to spoil any of my pics but District 24 will be in my top for sure. I did the district preview for district 24 for the magazine and was mighty impressed after researching it.

toddg
06-18-2012, 10:33 AM
JMO....i think this year's region 1 champions, D1 and D2, come out of district 7..but a lot of football to play between now and then..

Saggy Aggie
06-18-2012, 10:36 AM

Those 3 alone probably make District 24 one of the top 3 in the state. Factor in he non district schedules with so few district games and you can have a heck of a road to go through before the playoffs start. 24 is definitely top heavy.

I feel bad for stafford and sunny side...

Gsquared
06-18-2012, 10:37 AM
JMO....i think this year's region 1 champions, D1 and D2, come out of district 7..but a lot of football to play between now and then..
Todd, you THAT high on Venus again this year? :evillol:

Bullaholic
06-18-2012, 10:55 AM
not really..we are talking about the whole district not just the top teams.

Hey--G2 likes my way, and he is the "Top Banana"--or so he says....:D But seriously, if you can comment on every team in each district---even better.

Txbroadcaster
06-18-2012, 11:12 AM
Hey--G2 likes my way, and he is the "Top Banana"--or so he says....:D But seriously, if you can comment on every team in each district---even better.

lol yea in his mind lol

it is not talking about every team in depth...but what we want to do with the district rankings is talk about them as a whole..not break down each team or predict play off teams...we just want to rank the top 10-15 on how deep and tough the district is

toddg
06-18-2012, 11:45 AM
Todd, you THAT high on Venus again this year? :evillol:

yeah! right! LOL!:crazy1:

Gone Fishing
06-18-2012, 12:38 PM

I didnt think Sweeny was very good last year. JMO

Manso/V8
06-18-2012, 09:54 PM
24 is definitely top heavy.

I feel bad for stafford and sunny side...

Stafford has some athletes that could jump up and surprise you, but I haven't seen enough team around them to be a real big threat.
They might be able to whoop some in track though.

Manso/V8
06-18-2012, 11:57 PM

With all due respect to Sweeny and their program, I did not feel they were a true 3-round deep caliber team last year. I think Sweeny benefited from a relatively easy playoff bracket spot. Plus, at least two of the better players are transferring to West Columbia from what I hear. I know West Columbia was a force last year, but I don't know how they will look this year, and it is kind of hard to discern how good they will be from the Roughneck posters. For sure West Columbia will give LaMarque a tussle, because that's just they way they are, but the Cougars will far and away be the team to beat in District 24.

Move over District 25 in Region 4, and I think you have a tighter race with Bellville, Sealy, and El Campo battling it out for the district championship, with Wharton, Columbus, Royal, and Needville rounding things out. None of the district games will be pushovers for any team, assuming Needville is improved over last season. There is little thought about playoffs at this point, getting through district will be a challenge.

Slide on over to District 26 in Region 4, and you might not have as strong top three teams ( I said might not ), but with the return of Cuero, perennial competitors Giddings and La Grange, Gonzales and Smithville coming off their best seasons in recent memory, and what appears to be a very much improved Yoakum, I think this may be the scrappiest district, at least in Region 4. There isn't a weak spot in the district and every week will be a battle. Playoff spots will be well earned out of District 26.

I would rank District 25 as having three of the strongest teams in Region 4, and District 26 as the most competitive top to bottom in Region 4.

ctown81
06-19-2012, 11:35 AM

I think 16-3a is the only district of doom this year and the FIRST in the past 3 years. I've never considered last year's 16-3A the district of doom. You had Carthage, Henderson and Gilmer. We knew those 3 would make it, the only question was the order.

My definition of a district of doom is when you have one or more good teams that can make a run in the playoffs but are sitting at home.

Henderson, Gilmer, CH, Kilgore, Bullard (i know im streching it but they have a lot coming back). 2 of these teams will be sitting at home.

MGAR
06-19-2012, 11:49 AM
I think 16-3a is the only district of doom this year and the FIRST in the past 3 years. I've never considered last year's 16-3A the district of doom. You had Carthage, Henderson and Gilmer. We knew those 3 would make it, the only question was the order.

My definition of a district of doom is when you have one or more good teams that can make a run in the playoffs but are sitting at home.

Henderson, Gilmer, CH, Kilgore, Bullard (i know im streching it but they have a lot coming back). 2 of these teams will be sitting at home.

Bullard will beat one of the big dogs this year. Don't know which one, but it will happen.

ctown81
06-19-2012, 12:54 PM
Bullard will beat one of the big dogs this year. Don't know which one, but it will happen.

If that happens, it could really shake things up. I can see them beating Henderson and CH on a good night. They have a legit shot to be the third team.

Saggy Aggie
06-19-2012, 01:06 PM
I didnt think Sweeny was very good last year. JMO I believe Sweenys coach was in his first year last year. They werent as good as they normally are. This year may be about the same for the dogs because of the lost transfers. They usually have a very competitive team though and I doubt it will be long before they're back.

Just for compairson's sake, WC gave em a pretty thorough spanking last year.

Txbroadcaster
06-19-2012, 01:21 PM
If that happens, it could really shake things up. I can see them beating Henderson and CH on a good night. They have a legit shot to be the third team.

I think people are assuming Henderson and CH will still be a force..we still dont know if it was just a great class for these two teams

Saggy Aggie
06-19-2012, 01:50 PM
I think people are assuming Henderson and CH will still be a force..we still dont know if it was just a great class for these two teams the sheer amount of talent CH had on the field... I don't see anyway they wouldn't at least make the playoffs this year.

I realize they lost some key guys but seemed to me like they had great players everywhere.

Pendragon13
06-19-2012, 01:52 PM
So...did you guys pass the Taks or what?

toddg
06-19-2012, 02:00 PM
So...did you guys pass the Taks or what?
the TAKS doesnt exist anymore..its the STARR now and it was a test run this year,,most results from this past year wont be available until jan. for some districts.

Txbroadcaster
06-19-2012, 02:01 PM
the sheer amount of talent CH had on the field... I don't see anyway they wouldn't at least make the playoffs this year.

I realize they lost some key guys but seemed to me like they had great players everywhere.

problem was the key key guys were all SRs...yes they have talent coming back but I dont know how many impact guys coming back

toddg
06-19-2012, 02:07 PM
problem was the key key guys were all SRs...yes they have talent coming back but I dont know how many impact guys coming back

the whole front 7 is gone and the Oline is gone..both were major factors in the game with us last year.

ccmom
06-19-2012, 02:22 PM
the TAKS doesnt exist anymore..its the STARR now and it was a test run this year,,most results from this past year wont be available until jan. for some districts.

I think pendragon's post flew right over your head. ; )

Txbroadcaster
06-19-2012, 02:26 PM
the whole front 7 is gone and the Oline is gone..both were major factors in the game with us last year.

and no one knows if they are a reload team or not..same with Henderson...neither have been powers long enough to know if they can do what Carthage and Gilmer does and simply reload

that is one reason I dont know if the DOD is the toughest district or not...on paper it sounds like it..but CH, Henderson, Kilgore and even Gilmer lost a ton

toddg
06-19-2012, 02:26 PM
I think pendragon's post flew right over your head. ; )

prolly! should pay better attention to the context...but its summer..que sera sera! LoL!

toddg
06-19-2012, 02:36 PM
and no one knows if they are a reload team or not..same with Henderson...neither have been powers long enough to know if they can do what Carthage and Gilmer does and simply reload

that is one reason I dont know if the DOD is the toughest district or not...on paper it sounds like it..but CH, Henderson, Kilgore and even Gilmer lost a ton

losing the Fletchers and Jordan Leake really hurt henderson last year..we didnt have near the trouble with their front 7 last year as we did in 2010.

Eagle1
06-19-2012, 07:50 PM
1. Stephenville
2. Lamarque
3. Navasota
4. Carthage
the next 8 or 12 teams would be your usual teams that have strong programs maybe Alvarado, Celina, Argyle, Gilmer, Chapel Hill, WOS, Coldspring, Wimberley in no particular order. Could be a few like Paris, LE, Columbia, Atlanta, LaVega pop up and make a good run.

Txbroadcaster
06-19-2012, 08:25 PM
1. Stephenville
2. Lamarque
3. Navasota
4. Carthage
the next 8 or 12 teams would be your usual teams that have strong programs maybe Alvarado, Celina, Argyle, Gilmer, Chapel Hill, WOS, Coldspring, Wimberley in no particular order. Could be a few like Paris, LE, Columbia, Atlanta, LaVega pop up and make a good run.

I think Lavega is a top 4-5 team

garciap77
06-19-2012, 11:36 PM

I'm very busy, so I'll just rank the first three:

1. Abilene Wylie
2. Celina
3. Gilmer

P.S. And Brownwood!!!!

buckeyebob
06-20-2012, 05:37 AM
Not to spoil any of my pics but District 24 will be in my top for sure. I did the district preview for district 24 for the magazine and was mighty impressed after researching it.

Traitor!

buckeyebob
06-20-2012, 05:49 AM

The District of Doom name came from the shear number of State Champions in one district:
2011 Division 2 - Chapel Hill
2010 Division 1 - Henderson
2010 Division 2 - Carthage
2009 Division 1 - Gilmer
2009 Division 2 - Carthage
2008 Division 2 - Carthage
No consideration of number in the play-offs.

Gsquared
06-20-2012, 06:43 AM
Traitor!
Tops, maybe not TOP :crazy1:

toddg
06-20-2012, 10:54 AM
The District of Doom name came from the shear number of State Champions in one district:
2011 Division 2 - Chapel Hill
2010 Division 1 - Henderson
2010 Division 2 - Carthage
2009 Division 1 - Gilmer
2009 Division 2 - Carthage
2008 Division 2 - Carthage
No consideration of number in the play-offs.

so i guess any district with Celina, Brownwood, SLC, LT,Katy etc, would be considered a District of doom...

1. Abilene Wylie
2. Celina
3. Gilmer

P.S. And Brownwood!!!!

You have lost it. :vrycnfsd:

RoyceTTU
06-20-2012, 01:15 PM

1. Abilene Wylie
2. Celina
3. Gilmer

P.S. And Brownwood!!!!

This is what I think of your AW bulldogs

http://www.asseenontv-superstore.com/health-and-beauty/images/hbfb-6Flowbee_Haircutting_System_250x250.jpg

:spitlol: :D

Lion70
06-20-2012, 05:28 PM
so i guess any district with Celina, Brownwood, SLC, LT,Katy etc, would be considered a District of doom...

That would be a nightmare but a pipedream for the rest of the state lol.

RoyceTTU
06-21-2012, 06:36 AM
That would be a nightmare but a pipedream for the rest of the state lol.

obviously that sailed of your noggin