PDA

View Full Version : Happy Father's day

bobcat1
06-17-2012, 07:47 AM
I hope all you Dads out there have a great Father's Day.:2thumbsup

OldBison75
06-17-2012, 08:43 AM
I know that this is Father’s Day weekend and that as a father, I am supposed to be told how “great” I am. That is pretty awesome, from a vain point of view. However, when I think back over the years of fatherhood I have lived, I realize just how lucky I am to be called a father.
You see, God gave my wonderful wife and me three fabulous children that have blessed my life each day. I have tried to instill my beliefs that if you act with honor and dignity, treat others fairly and with respect, and hold firm to the faith that with God, all things are possible. I see my kids as well-adjusted, productive adults now. I may not always agree with their choices, but, I respect their decisions and do everything in my power to be there for them. I talk freely with all of my children and feel like they can talk freely with me anytime. I am not their judge, I am their father.
I hope that my children look at me with the same type pride I look at them with everyday. I know that on this Father’s Day, I will be the honored person, but, I am so lucky that I have children that have made being their father a joy and pleasure all of the time. Thank you for being so loving and understanding, even when I may have disappointed or disciplined you.
I love you Paul, Richard, and Julie.

Ranger Mom
06-17-2012, 09:29 AM
Happy Father's Day to all you "dads" on here!! I hope you have a wonderful day!!!!

toddg
06-17-2012, 12:59 PM
my 3 sons may have outgrown my lap...but never my heart!

Tejastrue
06-17-2012, 04:48 PM
Maybe some of you have already seen this one. Happy Fathers's day to all the other 3ADL dads!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QB1_ub0hE4&feature=player_detailpage

regaleagle
06-17-2012, 05:01 PM
Boy, I know that feeling alright. It brings back memories to when my son played and Argyle went to its first SC game in 2A. Today, he is 23, my protege business partner in our business, and took me to a great lunch today. We lost his mother 3 yrs. ago this May to cancer, and I am extremely happy we both continue to share our days together. He is a fine young man in every sense, and I am fortunate and proud to be his father and mentor.

Phil C
06-18-2012, 04:39 PM
Sorry I am late but I hope all of you who are fathers like me had a great day. I did.