PDA

View Full Version : Summer conditioning and two a days

Whats your schools program for off season? I have been told some of the schools have gotten away fom two a days in metroplex. When and how often do you condition. Fun to see what schools are hard core and what schools are not. Coaches are different and all have a way they like to do summer conditioning. Some know if its to hard or to often kids wont play.

Txbroadcaster
06-15-2012, 08:54 AM
Whats your schools program for off season? I have been told some of the schools have gotten away fom two a days in metroplex. When and how often do you condition. Fun to see what schools are hard core and what schools are not. Coaches are different and all have a way they like to do summer conditioning. Some know if its to hard or to often kids wont play.

if a school does not do two a days it does not mean they are not hardcore..means they are being safe

MGAR
06-15-2012, 08:56 AM
We have gone straight old school...

Lot's of Daingerfield stuff from when D.A. was there..

if a school does not do two a days it does not mean they are not hardcore..means they are being safe

Im not just talking about just two a days. Conditioning is a different animal. Do you condition 5 days a week as a group. Two a Days is end of summer.

BEAST
06-15-2012, 09:38 AM
Its my understanding that Brownwood lifts and conditions 5 days a week.

BEAST

Pendragon13
06-15-2012, 09:44 AM
http://www.ktxs.com/sports/31168403/detail.html ;)

Cam
06-15-2012, 10:02 AM
Burnet goes Monday thru Thursday. Boys have a choice: Either show up for 6:30am workout or 8:15am workout. There's no sleepin' in this summer.....

Yoe_09
06-15-2012, 05:47 PM
Lifting & conditioning goes on 4 days a week in Cameron.

Eagle1
06-15-2012, 09:15 PM
Since the UIL says you can only do summer workouts Mon thru Thurs. I wouldn't be braggin about working out 5 days a week if I were from Brownwood or Cameron. It would be hard to win state while on probation.

Yoe_09
06-15-2012, 09:56 PM
Since the UIL says you can only do summer workouts Mon thru Thurs. I wouldn't be braggin about working out 5 days a week if I were from Brownwood or Cameron. It would be hard to win state while on probation.

You are correct. The rules state that you can only lift Monday-Thursday, which is what we actually do. My mistake.

Tejastrue
06-15-2012, 10:21 PM
Its my understanding that Brownwood lifts and conditions 5 days a week.

BEAST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqOBBhRpnxE&feature=player_embedded

YTBulldogs
06-16-2012, 06:21 AM
We have 2 sessions, Monday through Thursday. A morning session and a evening session. Good numbers coming and not bad for our small enrollment. They better prepare and get in shape with our scrimmage/ND/district schedule this year.

Since the UIL says you can only do summer workouts Mon thru Thurs. I wouldn't be braggin about working out 5 days a week if I were from Brownwood or Cameron. It would be hard to win state while on probation. Stephenville is Monday-Thursday as well. And if you want to go up and run or do stuff on your own the weight room is open for everyone in athletics most of the time.

buckeyebob
06-16-2012, 08:15 AM
We start the Monday following graduation from the 5th grade & continue until May of their senior year...

mwynn05
06-16-2012, 09:51 AM
Stephenville is Monday-Thursday as well. And if you want to go up and run or do stuff on your own the weight room is open for everyone in athletics most of the time. no it's open for everyone that would be illegal, just likeif the basketball or volleyball coach had open gym and said no one but our athletes can come.. Illegal

Ville-D
06-16-2012, 02:19 PM
no it's open for everyone that would be illegal, just likeif the basketball or volleyball coach had open gym and said no one but our athletes can come.. Illegal

What? Punctuation is your friend.

mwynn05
06-16-2012, 04:17 PM
This is the internet not a paper for grad school.

Ville-D
06-16-2012, 04:56 PM
This is the internet not a paper for grad school.

No one say it is, but I can't understand what you were trying to say. I was worried you might have had a stroke in the middle of your sentence.

mwynn05
06-16-2012, 05:52 PM
Not at all , but it has to be open for everyone not just people in athletics. Otherwise, it is illegal

Manso/V8
06-16-2012, 07:55 PM
Ville-D - does this mean I can come up to Stephenville and work out just about any time, especially on Fridays?

Ville-D
06-16-2012, 09:15 PM
Ville-D - does this mean I can come up to Stephenville and work out just about any time, especially on Fridays?

Come on. I am about 2 minutes from the weight room. Call me and I'll meet you there.

Ville-D
06-16-2012, 09:19 PM
Not at all , but it has to be open for everyone not just people in athletics. Otherwise, it is illegal

Pretty sure they have coach led conditioning Mon-Thur as per the UIL rules and the weight room is open from about 6am to about 8pm and people are allowed in as per UIL rules. But if you want us to we can have Fire Marshal Cody go make sure they are not exceeding the maximum occupancy. Not sure who the UIL police are around here - maybe Manso can report when he is here.

mwynn05
06-17-2012, 02:23 PM
I'm just telling you the rules, yes you can have that and i never said you couldnt; we do the same thing. However, if you just have it open, it has to be open to the community.

Manso/V8
06-17-2012, 03:45 PM
Pretty sure they have coach led conditioning Mon-Thur as per the UIL rules and the weight room is open from about 6am to about 8pm and people are allowed in as per UIL rules. But if you want us to we can have Fire Marshal Cody go make sure they are not exceeding the maximum occupancy. Not sure who the UIL police are around here - maybe Manso can report when he is here.

I drove all the way up to Stephenville, and they wouldn't let me in......until I told them that I was transfer. Nice facilities!

pirate4state
06-18-2012, 09:46 AM
i drove all the way up to stephenville, and they wouldn't let me in......until i told them that i was transfer. Nice facilities! lmao!

icu812
06-18-2012, 06:14 PM
Lifting & conditioning goes on 4 days a week in Cameron.

Same in Van.

Ville-D
06-18-2012, 07:55 PM
I drove all the way up to Stephenville, and they wouldn't let me in......until I told them that I was transfer. Nice facilities!Aren't transfers treated great in most places. Most of our team consists of local kids but we'd welcome any transfers just like we welcomed Manso and for the parents of the transfers... We have a resturant in town with good BBQ and FREE Beer.

LHS 2SONS
06-19-2012, 09:07 AM
La Grange has only one workout M-T 8:30am - 10:30am and it is the only time the weight room is open. Lot of athletes working summer jobs and not able to attend the workouts. i hope we have a good season.