PDA

View Full Version : What's up in Bridgeport??

this is the way we ball
09-17-2003, 11:21 AM
I've been looking at the box scores and it looks like you guys have changed up the offense. Ya'll haven't been airing it out quite as much. Did you get a new Offensive Coordinator?

slpybear the bullfan
09-17-2003, 12:57 PM
Well, let's see...

We have a lot of new players on the team... Lot's of our starters graduated. We returned 4 on offense and three on defense. One of the defensive returners transfered in 2 games before the end of the season. Coach Henson has adapted the offensive scheme to the personnel on this year's team. It has resulted in a much, much more balanced attack. (Being a former lineman on both sides of the ball, I like to see running in an offense. It slides the advantage to the OL).

Our new RB is very quick and is a "natural" RB... i.e. great vision of the field and "feels" his way through the crowd. It is pretty new and different to watch the Bulls rush more than they pass.

The QB this year is pretty good and has a good set of recievers to throw to and pretty good linemen blocking for him. The passing game is turning out to be a great compliment to the running game... although this is still a Danny Henson coached team... don't be suprised at anything on offense from week to week. wink

I mentioned on several posts that Bridgeport will be a team that starts off slow and learn more and improve each week. Their success will depend entirely upon their learning curve. So far, they are doing well...

vs. 4A Burkburnett - played a much improved Burk team well, but miscues throughout the game kept the offense from getting ANY momemtum. Defense looked shaky at times. Lost 19-0

vs. 4A Mineral Wells - looked much better, the Running game took off, the defense did its job and shut down Mineral Wells in their last drive to preserve a 21-14 win.

vs. 3A Pilot Point - Offense continued to build, looked good. The biggest problem was two drives that ended in Red Zone with no points. One ended with miscues and the other the same, but at least had a FG attempt. 21-7 Victory for the Bulls

All in all, it has been a world of difference from the first scrimmage to last Saturday. The team is really coming along, as you would expect of a newer, younger team.

Hat's off to the Bulls for the hard work and we will be cheering you on Friday night against Boyd.

slpybear
'89 BULLS #70

<small>[ September 17, 2003, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: slpybear the bullfan ]</small>

slpybear the bullfan
09-17-2003, 08:43 PM
One, do you have anything to add?

KTownBalla
09-17-2003, 09:16 PM
That's cool...

Do u guys still run outta shotgun or what kinda formation u use?

I think everyone would like to see another Kennedale v. Bridgeport game again....those are pretty good games...

slpybear the bullfan
09-17-2003, 10:16 PM
Lot's of spread stuff outta the 'gun... but good luck on guessing what is coming out of it!!!

That 2001 Kennedale - Bridgeport game was my favorite HS Game to ever watch. I just about hurled up the thermos of Coffee I drank...

<small>[ September 17, 2003, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: slpybear the bullfan ]</small>