PDA

View Full Version : Matt Cain just threw a perfect game against the Astros

Saggy Aggie
06-14-2012, 12:02 AM
Struck out 14. Pretty amazing performance even coming from a die hard Astros fan

Additup
06-14-2012, 12:07 AM
27 up. 27 down. Third baseman stumbled and bobbled out #27 pretty good before he shot it to first. Fun to watch.

coach
06-14-2012, 01:00 AM
Does it count since it was against a aaa team?

Roughneck93
06-14-2012, 07:27 AM
Damn....well I'm glad I missed the game then.

Saggy Aggie
06-14-2012, 09:37 AM
Damn....well I'm glad I missed the game then. I actually wish I had seen it all. Amazing performance. Idc if it was at my teams expense.

And holy crap, did you see that gregor blanco catch in the 6th?

Roughneck93
06-14-2012, 10:34 AM
I actually wish I had seen it all. Amazing performance. Idc if it was at my teams expense.

And holy crap, did you see that gregor blanco catch in the 6th?

Yeah the Blanco catch was the last thing I saw before falling asleep. Saw the rest this morning on Sportscenter.

This just sucks. Takes me back to 1998 when Kerry Wood dominated the 'Stros in his 5th MLB start (one hit, 20 Ks). I believe that's a rookie record and youngest pitcher ever to record 20 Ks. I remember being thankful that at least the 'Stros had one hit. Now this....lol, I was pissed off then and I'm pissed off today.

eagles_victory
06-14-2012, 06:18 PM
Yeah the Blanco catch was the last thing I saw before falling asleep. Saw the rest this morning on Sportscenter.

This just sucks. Takes me back to 1998 when Kerry Wood dominated the 'Stros in his 5th MLB start (one hit, 20 Ks). I believe that's a rookie record and youngest pitcher ever to record 20 Ks. I remember being thankful that at least the 'Stros had one hit. Now this....lol, I was pissed off then and I'm pissed off today. If I read correctly that pitching score thing they have where they assign a number game score I think its called I guess similar to QB rating rated this and that Wood pitching performance as the two top pitching performances in like the last 50 years or something.

zebrablue2
06-14-2012, 06:19 PM
Does it count since it was against a aaa team?

U tickle me dude. They have been avg. 10 or more hits a game. Give the pitcher and Giants some credit-- LOL!!!

Roughneck93
06-14-2012, 07:13 PM
If I read correctly that pitching score thing they have where they assign a number game score I think its called I guess similar to QB rating rated this and that Wood pitching performance as the two top pitching performances in like the last 50 years or something.

Yes sir, you read correctly. The Bill James Game Score method. A score of 100 would be awesome. Cain scored a 101, in second with Koufax and Ryan. In first....Wood with a 105.

Damn, the 'Stros have now been on the wrong end of arguably the two best pitching performances of all-time. :(

http://www.forbes.com/sites/allenstjohn/2012/06/14/was-matt-cains-perfect-game-the-greatest-pitching-performance-in-major-league-history/