PDA

View Full Version : Burnet - Ingram Predictions

JCM
10-27-2003, 02:14 PM
The Burnet offense has not "clicked" the last two games. They had 80+ yards in losses in the Bandera game and 7 or 8 sacks in the Wimberely game. What's going on? They should still beat Ingram by 30 points.

oldengray1
10-27-2003, 03:59 PM
Afer the pasting Ingram took over the past two years they should be as motivated as they can be.
Sounds like a much improved team with a shot at an upset. For Burnet the last two games have shown that you cannot depend too much on one or two players, which should help when they see similar defensive schemes in the playoffs. If I am correct after three games there have been only 7 points scored on the defense. Hard to win when you cant score. Burnet by 21, as the whole district is tougher than it has been in the past.

The Guru
10-27-2003, 04:01 PM
They're just working on things. Don't worry about it. The district games are almost like a scrimmage or practice to Burnet. They know they are going to win, so they just work on different plays, regardless of the situation or defense. They aren't worried about the final score or any BS rankings. They're worried about preparing themselves for the playoffs. They made it to state last year. They want to win it this year.

Burnet by 35-40

The Guru
10-27-2003, 04:04 PM
Ingram wouldn't mind if this one got called at halftime like two years ago. They've got Wimberley on their minds. The Burnet game does not matter.

HotDawg89
10-27-2003, 04:37 PM
Guru, while I agree with your thinking as far as the fact that we are just working on things...it does irritate me that I keep hearing the offense hasn't "clicked" the last couple of games.

In all honesty, I think the Wimberley coaches came into our game knowing that they had to stop the pass. They succeeded in doing so, by relentlessly blitzing McGee the entire night, and doubling up on Warner and Shipley. They were counting on us to be shut down. That is when it became apparent that we also have a really talented and much overlooked Chris Levens running the ball.

I, personally, feel much better knowing that we can run the ball and play a more slow paced and patient game than what we tend to put up. Because, and it has been said before- the Burnet fans are VERY spoiled- and we love to see the amazing connections in or near the endzone that McGee and Shipley have become famous for. So when our offense puts up a terrific game against Wimberley- the good old fashioned way- people say that we aren't "clicking"---but we are! wink :D

GreatBigBurnetFan
10-27-2003, 05:12 PM
A question please,
Does every team whose offense "doesn't " click
get 469yds of offense? Does every team whose offense doesn't click have a running back that does a 4.4 and gets 211 yds rushing? Even though the quarterback didn't get his usual 300yds passing, still had a td pass and 160 yds with no ints. The same quarterback that has well over 2000
yds, 24 tds and NO ints. I guess they're just
goin' to pot. Maybe the defense that improves every week, now allowing 7 pts per game, won't go to pot too.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan

oldengray1
10-27-2003, 05:19 PM
When you get penalized repeatedly, have a hard time picking up blitz packages, center the ball over the QB'S head, overthrow open receivers, drop balls repeatedly and have to go for it on numerous fourth downs it may be said that the offense is not "clicking". When that offense "clicks" it is unbelievable. When it depends on the defense to give it the ball with great field position, numerous opportunities and the confidence to go for it repeatedly on fourth and 12 from wherever they are on the field. What many are referring to is that the offense may not appear to be in state playoff form, whether they are experimenting or not.

PAINTBALL
10-27-2003, 05:57 PM
oldengray1:
When you get penalized repeatedly, have a hard time picking up blitz packages, center the ball over the QB'S head, overthrow open receivers, drop balls repeatedly and have to go for it on numerous fourth downs it may be said that the offense is not "clicking". When that offense "clicks" it is unbelievable. When it depends on the defense to give it the ball with great field position, numerous opportunities and the confidence to go for it repeatedly on fourth and 12 from wherever they are on the field. What many are referring to is that the offense may not appear to be in state playoff form, whether they are experimenting or not.When you see a defense you have never seen before, you get enough points to win in the most obvious way and then once you have the game in tow you see what else might work. The more ways Burnet can attack the Blist everyone defense thrown at us the last 2 weeks, the better prepared we will be for the playoff's. The boys have a lot of work ahead of them learning a lot of new stuff, but our kids are very intelligent.

Let's wait and seen what the coaches do. They saw the same game you saw and you know how talented our kids are. It was funny when Shipley appeared out of the blue at tailback and the two kids who were supposed to cover him didn't know what to do and just stood there. I wish we had saved that one for the playoffs, but I'm sure there will be a lot more.

thunder
10-27-2003, 06:30 PM
Sorry Guys I forgot to take my medication. If you should see any more posts on here that sound really bad it's because I forgot my medication again. Sorry

<small>[ October 27, 2003, 06:44 PM: Message edited by: thunder ]</small>

HotDawg89
10-27-2003, 07:39 PM
thunder:
seems like everything has been decided,including the div.1 state title.well if thats the case,why doesnt burnet just let liberty hill have the district title.we wont complain.if burnet is so focused on the state title forfit the rest of your games,give the rest of the district a break.rest your players,avoid injuries,its just two weeks left in district play.go vist a collage of your choose,take in a game,hell no in 3a can beat you.relax,go on a date,sound good team. if so call crazy J. at the liberty hill high school.Geezzzz.. who peed in your post toasties?

thunder
10-27-2003, 07:40 PM
The Guru:
They're just working on things. Don't worry about it. The district games are almost like a scrimmage or practice to Burnet. They know they are going to win, so they just work on different plays, regardless of the situation or defense. They aren't worried about the final score or any BS rankings. They're worried about preparing themselves for the playoffs. They made it to state last year. They want to win it this year.

Burnet by 35-40I think they were going to win it last year but didn't someone mess that up? Oh yeh Everman 35-14!!!!! I think someone will do it again this year Mr Guru!!!

thunder
10-27-2003, 07:46 PM
HotDawg89:

thunder:
seems like everything has been decided,including the div.1 state title.well if thats the case,why doesnt burnet just let liberty hill have the district title.we wont complain.if burnet is so focused on the state title forfit the rest of your games,give the rest of the district a break.rest your players,avoid injuries,its just two weeks left in district play.go vist a collage of your choose,take in a game,hell no in 3a can beat you.relax,go on a date,sound good team. if so call crazy J. at the liberty hill high school.Geezzzz.. who peed in your post toasties?Sorry don't pay any atention to me Im really sick!

Burnet Dawg06
10-27-2003, 07:52 PM
thunder:

The Guru:

Burnet by 35-40I think they were going to win it last year but didn't someone mess that up? Oh yeh Everman 35-14!!!!! I think someone will do it again this year Mr Guru!!!Man people are gonna hold that score against Burnet until they win state.

olddog73
10-27-2003, 07:59 PM
I would expect to see one or two new faces on the Burnet O this week to shore up some of our reaccuring week spots this next week. Over all I thought the team did a fantastic job. They were able to make the adjustments that were necessary and get the job done. I notice some of the other teams around the state really running up the score. It appears that this hasn't been a big priority to Burnet. We don't have to have huge scores, we just have to win.

thunder
10-27-2003, 08:01 PM
Burnet Dawg06:

thunder:

The Guru:

Burnet by 35-40I think they were going to win it last year but didn't someone mess that up? Oh yeh Everman 35-14!!!!! I think someone will do it again this year Mr Guru!!!Man people are gonna hold that score against Burnet until they win state.YES because if you talk the talk you better walk the walk! I think my mecication is starting to take effect. Sorry

thunder
10-27-2003, 08:15 PM
all post under thunder are not by thunder. See I don't even know for sure who I am :rolleyes:

<small>[ October 27, 2003, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: thunder ]</small>

HotDawg89
10-27-2003, 08:27 PM
Well Thunder, you are responsible for your posts, meds or not. But you also are entitled to your opinion just like everyone else. So basically, no need to apologize- you just sound so bitter and angry about Burnet... You know, you could fit really well into the hands of Gobbla and Jason- they don't like Burnet much either. . . :D

PAINTBALL
10-27-2003, 08:50 PM
HotDawg89:
Well Thunder, you are responsible for your posts, meds or not. But you also are entitled to your opinion just like everyone else. So basically, no need to apologize- you just sound so bitter and angry about Burnet... You know, you could fit really well into the hands of Gobbla and Jason- they don't like Burnet much either. . . :D Can you believe Gobbla posted a post on Burnet and expected someone to reply eek! :rolleyes: eek!

<small>[ October 27, 2003, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: PAINTBALL ]</small>

Chris Hart
10-27-2003, 09:07 PM
OOOPs Paintball, I didn't notice Gobbla posted that one, and stooped and made a reply. Maybe I should delete it, nah I'll just be more careful next time. :mad: (pulling my hair out)

PAINTBALL
10-27-2003, 09:10 PM
Chris Hart:
OOOPs Paintball, I didn't notice Gobbla posted that one, and stooped and made a reply. Maybe I should delete it, nah I'll just be more careful next time. :mad: (pulling my hair out)That's funny. LOL

BurnetBandRules
10-27-2003, 09:42 PM
Sometimes, I will be reading a prediction post and it is funny how far it strays away from the topic by the end of the posts. Take this one for example: Predictions at the beginning and now look at it....we are talking about medications! LOL Just thought that I would point that out to all who read these things.

Peace P.S: Lets get back on topic: Burnet 42, Ingram 0

GreatBigBurnetFan
10-27-2003, 10:07 PM
Hi ya'll,
Looks like ol' thunder is back, trying to get under our skins again.

Hey thunder, since you seem to remember Burnet's score in the Everman game, refresh my memory.
LH was, I believe 2nd in district, BEHIND Burnet,
right? Bandera was 3rd, right. Where did Liberty Hill finish. Thunder, didn't Bandera win the state championship in Div II. So that means LH
didn't go too far, right?

I see you can dish it out, how are you at takin'.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan

Burnet Dawgs
10-27-2003, 11:16 PM
well i geuss we will see how it turns out this year!

BurnetBandRules
10-28-2003, 07:47 AM
ouch! Good one! Is it as fun to take it as it is to give? LOL

JCM
10-28-2003, 09:11 AM
To get back on topic, the Burnet offense has been out-of-sync. They have won, sure but it has been ugly at times. The other teams have learned that all-out pressure will disrupt the Burnet deep passing offense. The Burnet passing play book appears to have just two plays, bubble screen to a wide-out or the bomb. By using a pressure defence, the bomb has been negated. Where are the 10-15 yard outs and curls? I'm sure the Ingram coaches aren't stupid and we will see a repeat of the Wimberley game. I just hope McGee doesent get hurt by all the blitzing. Burnet 31 - Ingram 7.

PAINTBALL
10-28-2003, 09:22 AM
JCM:
To get back on topic, the Burnet offense has been out-of-sync. They have won, sure but it has been ugly at times. The other teams have learned that all-out pressure will disrupt the Burnet deep passing offense. The Burnet passing play book appears to have just two plays, bubble screen to a wide-out or the bomb. By using a pressure defence, the bomb has been negated. Where are the 10-15 yard outs and curls? I'm sure the Ingram coaches aren't stupid and we will see a repeat of the Wimberley game. I just hope McGee doesent get hurt by all the blitzing. Burnet 31 - Ingram 7.I would like to see some new sets this week, but again maybe we should save them for the playoffs. McGee, Shipley, and Levens in the backfield out of the gun would be interesting. A full house backfield with Warner and Jetton split wide would be interesting. If we have them do you guys think we should use them now or save them?

thunder
10-28-2003, 12:31 PM
my evil twin is off the board now.