PDA

View Full Version : Sugarland Dulles SQT (June 16)

CTS
06-11-2012, 05:38 AM
Pool A Clear Creek, Dulles, Fort Bend Austin, Alief Hastings

Pool B Stratford, Clear Lake, Fort Bend Travis, Fort Bend Hightower

Pool C Alvin, Fort Bend Ridge Point, Cinco Ranch, Fort Bend Clements

Pool D La Marque, Fort Bend Bush, La Porte, Fort Bend Kempner

CTS
06-16-2012, 02:00 PM
La Marque 26
FB Bush 24

La Porte 13
La Marque 12

La Marque 19
Kempner 6

turbostud
06-18-2012, 12:28 AM
Is Dulles still called Sugarland Dulles? Thats what they were called when I was in HS. Or are they Fort Bend Dulles? Whats the story behind the name change?

Bull's-eye
06-18-2012, 12:33 PM
Is Dulles still called Sugarland Dulles? Thats what they were called when I was in HS. Or are they Fort Bend Dulles? Whats the story behind the name change?

John Foster Dulles is in the Fort Bend ISD, originally served students from Sugar Land, Stafford & Missouri City areas. I believe some of the campus sits in both Sugar Land & Stafford. When I went to school, sometimes it was called Stafford Dulles because the school actually has a Stafford address. The main office for FBISD is in Sugar Land, so sometimes you might hear them called Sugar Land Dulles. Some of the other FBISD schools like Hightower & Willowridge are also mistakenly called Sugar Land, even though they are not in Sugar Land. The proper name for all these schools would be Ft. Bend & not Sugar Land. Even the schools like Kempner, Clements & Austin which are in SL go by Fort Bend.

Bull's-eye
06-18-2012, 01:16 PM
Dulles does currently have a Sugar Land address, but actually had a Stafford address when I went to school. I believe with Stafford pulling away to form their own district, some of the boundries might of been changed. The FBISD is always re-doing their bounderies. I went to Dulles, my younger brother went to Clements & our younger sister went to Kempner, even though we all lived at the same address. Currently that same address is re-zoned back to Dulles.

CTS
06-18-2012, 01:25 PM
You can call it Fort Bend Dulles or Sugarland Dulles or John Foster Dulles. I just posted where our 7 on 7 guys were competing that week. On the state 7 on 7 website I saw they called it the Ft. Bend Tournament and Dulles (Sugarland) qualified so perhaps they aren't sure as well. :)

Roughneck93
06-18-2012, 08:42 PM
I've always called it Sugarland Dulles...:thinking: