PDA

View Full Version : Gainesville next year (I'm bored)

Keith7
12-19-2002, 06:13 PM
I'm really bored.. and was a senior on last years team so I know a bit about them i figured I'd Share my knowledge with yall...

Q.B.: Chris Brown returns from a good season last year, where he 64-141-1056 and 12 TDS and only 3 ints while rushing for 369 yards... the Quarterback situation should still be in good hands, and his back up next year will prolly be the QB from the 10-0 JV team Travis Sutton

Running back: Terrius Purvey will take over for LJ Searcy next year at the starting spot, Terrius was a sophmore this year and ran for 627 yards on only 42 carries while backin up LJ, he is a playmaker and he also made 1st team all district... Jerome Hewitt from the JV team will probobly be in the mix as well he had 12 carries for 87 yards on the varsity level..

Widerecievers/Tightends: Should be in good hands with Darcel McBath who got 1st team all district returning, and Courtney Royal and Greg Mack and Amos Berryman coming back.. Our tight end, Dylan Buck, is returning as well...

O-Line: 2/5 starters returning.. but might actually increase in size with members of our 10-0 JV team moving up as well..

D-Line: Nick Daulong, and Chase Beam who were both starters last year will return, and again the JV will have to fill in holes.. Cody Brewer will play 1 of the end positions, he played alot when our defense wasnt in a 5 man front (which we were in the majority of the time anyways) and I'm unsure who will fill in at the other end posistion I would imagine Phillip Culbertson or Jeremy Franklin would because they were both practicing for it at the end of the year last year.

Linebackers: Only 1 Varsity LB is coming back, Shawn Thomas, and he did not start last season, but did see plenty of action.. The other 2 line backers will probobly be Micheal Calhoun from the JV and Jeremy Franklin, if he doesnt play end..

Defensive Backs: Our rotation at corner back returns with the exception of LJ Searcy, and Our Safetys should be in good shape with Coutney Royal and Chris Brown, who both had starts at the Free Safety posistion, I would imagine 1 of them moves to the Strong Safety to fill in for Desmond Sherrer..

Kicker: Sergio Rodriguez will fill in, he is a very good kicker, not as much strength as Jon Lopez, but has alot of potential

Punter: Sergio or Luke Smallwood will fill in for Jon Lopez I would imagine, both have experience punting...

Overall: Still A Verry VERRY good team, we will need to fill in holes on the defense, but after a year with a young offense, they should be extremely explosive... look for them to make a good run next year, the team ended on a bad note this year in a game everyone believes we shoulda won if we played to the maximum of our potential.. and will look to make up for that next season.. I look forward to seein how they do!