PDA

View Full Version : LaVernia SQT

YTBulldogs
06-09-2012, 01:45 PM
Does anyone know who else is in the tourney next weekend?

Gone Fishing
06-09-2012, 02:14 PM

I know that Wimberley is going.

Blue42
06-10-2012, 12:37 AM
Cuero will be there.

bulldog82
06-12-2012, 02:29 AM

Is yoakum going to be there ?

YTBulldogs
06-12-2012, 09:38 AM
Is yoakum going to be there ?

Yes.

Matthew328
06-12-2012, 11:47 AM
five of the teams signed up are

LaVernia
Cuero
Yoakum
Wimberley
Ingleside

YTBulldogs
06-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Pool A
8:30 La Vernia vs. Cuero
9:30 La Vernia vs. Yoakum
10:30 Cuero vs. Yoakum

Pool B
8:30 Marion vs. Wimberley
9:30 Ingleside vs. Wimberley
10:30 Ingleside vs. Marion

bulldog82
06-13-2012, 10:18 PM
[QUOTE=YTBulldogs;1678421]Pool A

Pool B
10:30 Ingleside vs. Marion[/QUOTE

Pretty weak tourny from a passing point of view.

Matthew328
06-14-2012, 08:39 AM
the fact that Bandera and LaVernia are the same weekend hurts both tournaments

Gone Fishing
06-14-2012, 09:00 AM
[QUOTE=YTBulldogs;1678421]Pool A

Pool B

10:30 Ingleside vs. Marion[/QUOTE

Pretty weak tourny from a passing point of view.

WT run the spread

Matthew328
06-14-2012, 10:33 AM
My picks:

Pool A Winner: Cuero
Pool A Runner Up: LaVernia

Pool B Winner: Wimberley
Pool B Runner Up: Ingleside

Qualifiers: Wimberley and Ingleside
Winner: Wimberley

YTBulldogs
06-14-2012, 11:00 AM
This will be our best WR's/QB's we've had in a tourney before. Now, if they all just get up on time Saturday to make it. Really excited with this corp of kid's. Tall receivers (change for Ykm) and some quick lil' ones in the mix. Great hands on all. The QB's are a Soph and a Junior. Both themselves over 6'. They'll battle it out heading into the fall. Both solid and should be fun watching them progress in the system, and prepare for a rough and tough district.

They been working hard in the weight room/track work and it's impressive seeing them getting stronger and even faster. Nice seeing Yoakum athletes buying into this program and have a vision ahead. Winning don't happen this fall without the work this summer.

BigGreen61
06-14-2012, 07:57 PM
This will be our best WR's/QB's we've had in a tourney before. Now, if they all just get up on time Saturday to make it. Really excited with this corp of kid's. Tall receivers (change for Ykm) and some quick lil' ones in the mix. Great hands on all. The QB's are a Soph and a Junior. Both themselves over 6'. They'll battle it out heading into the fall. Both solid and should be fun watching them progress in the system, and prepare for a rough and tough district.

They been working hard in the weight room/track work and it's impressive seeing them getting stronger and even faster. Nice seeing Yoakum athletes buying into this program and have a vision ahead. Winning don't happen this fall without the work this summer.

YT it seem like ur upset that M328 pick cuero to win pool A? IT was just somebody making his pick. You are letting us no what kids are doing everybody in texas workout in the summer.You went way off the subject on this one bud.& as QB WE GOT A GOOD 1 HANDS DOWN!

YTBulldogs
06-14-2012, 08:14 PM
YT it seem like ur upset that M328 pick cuero to win pool A? IT was just somebody making his pick. You are letting us no what kids are doing everybody in texas workout in the summer.You went way off the subject on this one bud.& as QB WE GOT A GOOD 1 HANDS DOWN!

Lord no BG61. He's guess is as good as anyone's. It's uncertain. I have no issue with his picks. Based on the past, he's right making them projected picks as he did. We look forward to the challenge. If out "D" steps up a tad, I think we'll be ok. "O" is rolling great.

MustangFootball
06-14-2012, 09:16 PM
Ingleside will have their work cut out for them, they lost 3 really good receivers...a set of twin receivers that were 6-2 and another receiver who was the QBs brother all on varsity since their freshman year, they also lost TE who was 6-3. They will be very young.....on the upside they will be returning their starting QB, "junior Tristan Barajas" who has been the starter since his freshman year, as a sophomore he threw 8 Td in a game tying the state record and was the built ford tough ofensive player of the week, he also threw for over 3000 yard as a sophomore......Barajas had made it to the sweet 16 in the state tourney last year...Ingleside has qualified for the State Tournament the last 2 years....but this year they will be small and young on both sides of the ball and will definetly be in an uphill battle.

MustangFootball
06-15-2012, 06:31 PM
Anyone gonna be at this tourney posting scores for the rest of us who were lucky enough to work?

T-Time
06-15-2012, 07:48 PM
also heard Ingleside is loosing several coaches.

MustangFootball
06-15-2012, 08:51 PM
also heard Ingleside is loosing several coaches.

Yeah I heard that too!!!

YTBulldogs
06-16-2012, 06:17 AM
Good luck Yoakum. Safe travels to all those attending. Should be some exciting games. I think I'm ill, cause I enjoy watching 7 on 7. Let's see what our young QB's can do against some solid "D's". Nothing else, they will learn what it takes to be a varsity level QB.

YTBulldogs
06-16-2012, 10:45 AM
I got some Pool A scores. Sorry, he didn't catch the B ones yet.

Cuero 19, LaVernia 14
Yoakum 34, LaVernia 14

MustangFootball
06-16-2012, 11:08 AM
Any scores from pool B?

YTBulldogs
06-16-2012, 11:44 AM
Pool A:

Yoakum 40, Cuero 27

YTBulldogs
06-16-2012, 11:44 AM
Any scores from pool B?

I just sent my eyes and ears down to get Pool B scores. Give me a few minutes hopefully MF.

YTBulldogs
06-16-2012, 11:55 AM
QB WE GOT A GOOD 1 HANDS DOWN!

Heard he looked right up there with our tandom BG61. Always liked Blake Reeve as a QB and knew he'd be a solid one. He throws a nice out route. Cuero short on receivers I was told. Close game in Pool play with the Gob's, then we opened it up at the end.

Nice having a QB competetion here in YT Land. Both underclassmen and getting after it. Solid big WR's they can throw to this year.

YTBulldogs
06-16-2012, 12:00 PM
Hot off the presses:

Pool B scores:

Marion 38, Wimberley 31
Wimberley 26, Ingleside 26
Marion 32, Ingleside 28

3rd place matchup: Ingleside vs. LaVernia

Championship playoff round: Yoakum vs. Wimberley and Marion vs. Cuero

Snotbubbles
06-16-2012, 12:44 PM
Damn YT, you right. Dogs got some height at WR with wheels. These oil field move in's for ya? Had to go back to SA after pool play, keep us updated. Marion looked good too. Didn't see them beating the defending state champ Texans though. You never know. Best of luck.

Manso/V8
06-16-2012, 12:50 PM
The writers at DCTF must be scrambling.

YTBulldogs
06-16-2012, 12:54 PM
Hey SB, glad you got to see some of the action live. No sir, those are all home grown Yoakum Bulldogs out there. No transfers, yet!!. Most transfers seem to head south of us. ;) These current Bulldogs been pretty successful all through youth and lower level of school play. No surprise here. They need to keep working hard and earn it now on Friday nights.

Next rounds I hear start at 1:15

MustangFootball
06-16-2012, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the updates.

Manso/V8
06-16-2012, 01:00 PM
QB WE GOT A GOOD 1 HANDS DOWN!

Is your QB this year the Cuero JV QB from last year? I heard he looked real good.

YTBulldogs
06-16-2012, 01:02 PM
Is your QB this year the Cuero JV QB from last year? I heard he looked real good.

No, this years QB is Blake Reeve, the new AD/HC son from SA Churchill. Great kid.

MustangFootball
06-16-2012, 01:05 PM
Can anyone tell me how Ingleside looked? I didn't expect them to do much this year in 7 on 7, I knew they were young and really small at wideout. Oh well It looks like they at least kept it close.

Manso/V8
06-16-2012, 01:19 PM
Hey SB, glad you got to see some of the action live. No sir, those are all home grown Yoakum Bulldogs out there. No transfers, yet!!. Most transfers seem to head south of us. ;) These current Bulldogs been pretty successful all through youth and lower level of school play. No surprise here. They need to keep working hard and earn it now on Friday nights.

Next rounds I hear start at 1:15

I don't have a dog in this fight, or maybe I do in a way since we are back in R4 now.
For sure it is an interesting scenario playing out down there.
I am looking forward to hearing some details on the final games.
Yoakum, sounds like a team on the rise.
Wimberley the defending SC with some younger guys needing to step up?
Cuero, the long time power house we all hope/know will bounce back
Marion, I don't know much about them, fill me in.
I am pulling for all of them!

YT- whatever the outcome of the SQT, I am especially happy for you that Yoakum looks to have it going on this year. Didn't you say this was your son's senior year? I look forward to our scrimmage in August!

YTBulldogs
06-16-2012, 01:47 PM
I don't have a dog in this fight, or maybe I do in a way since we are back in R4 now.
For sure it is an interesting scenario playing out down there.
I am looking forward to hearing some details on the final games.
Yoakum, sounds like a team on the rise.
Wimberley the defending SC with some younger guys needing to step up?
Cuero, the long time power house we all hope/know will bounce back
Marion, I don't know much about them, fill me in.
I am pulling for all of them!

YT- whatever the outcome of the SQT, I am especially happy for you that Yoakum looks to have it going on this year. Didn't you say this was your son's senior year? I look forward to our scrimmage in August!

Yes, it's my son's senior year. He is the center, and this 7 on 7 sure helps him prepare. He don't see it, but-- I do.:) Beats staying home and just doing nothing I told him. I have a nephew (also a senior) that is the smallest WR on the team, but--the biggest heart, determination and great hands.

Marion is either 1A or 2A. I don't know much about them. Cuero will be back. Still rebuilding somewhat I hear. Coach Travis Reeve is a chip off the old block. Solid guy and his son is a great QB. Awesome kid.

Blue42
06-16-2012, 02:13 PM
Hay I like the tall thin receiver for Cuero being that he's mine.

YTBulldogs
06-16-2012, 02:37 PM
Wimberley beats Yoakum by 1 in OT. 43-42, something like that. Dog's go for 2 and the win and the champs stopped us. Congrats WT.

YTBulldogs
06-16-2012, 02:39 PM
Wimberley vs Marion in finals. Rematch. Congrats both schools qualifying.

Tejastrue
06-16-2012, 02:42 PM
Wimberley beats Yoakum by 1 in OT. Dog's go for 2 and the win and the champs stopped us. Congrats WT.

Sure it wasn't Sealy we were playing?? LOL..Sounded like a hell of a game and congrats on the great effort. Thanks for posting all the scores!

YTBulldogs
06-16-2012, 05:58 PM
Heard WT won it all on a conversion return over Marion. Just what I heard, have no clue if you can return a conversion or not. Sounded like a good game though.

YTBulldogs
06-16-2012, 06:00 PM
Yoakum sure would like to get in Wimberleys tourney next weekend if any of you WT posters have any pull. Heard we are on the waiting list, but--knowing someone might help a little. This team would love to qualify for state.

Gone Fishing
06-16-2012, 10:03 PM
Sure it wasn't Sealy we were playing?? LOL..Sounded like a hell of a game and congrats on the great effort. Thanks for posting all the scores!

Thats funny Tejas. I was thinking that when the play was going on. Their volunteer coach was saying 1 and they first lined up to go for 1 and then the players decided to go for two.
We lost the 8 o'clock game by extra pts and then won the next 3 to win the tourney, but all were close games. The championship game was a little easier, I think it was 30 something to 20 something. The offense looked good all day the defense had young players playing and rotating in all day learning what varsity speed is. And they found out.. Lol

Tejastrue
06-17-2012, 01:16 AM
Thats funny Tejas. I was thinking that when the play was going on. Their volunteer coach was saying 1 and they first lined up to go for 1 and then the players decided to go for two.
We lost the 8 o'clock game by extra pts and then won the next 3 to win the tourney, but all were close games. The championship game was a little easier, I think it was 30 something to 20 something. The offense looked good all day the defense had young players playing and rotating in all day learning what varsity speed is. And they found out.. Lol

Thanks for the great info GF. Hopefully there was no controversy. How did our new QB and new receiving corp really look?

Papá Oso
06-17-2012, 07:03 AM
Congrats to WT. Looks like LV will be depending on their D and running game again next year. One of the young QB's will have to step up if they have any hope of going anywhere close to where they ended up last year. We lost a LB yesterday until probably September, he got stepped on in the second game and ended up with a broken rib and a partially collapsed lung. Stayed the night in the hospital in SA, hoping he gets to come home sometime today.

PO

Matthew328
06-17-2012, 08:41 AM
Wimberley has a bit of a waiting list...several teams trying to get in there...believe its at least three teams deep now

YTBulldogs
06-17-2012, 08:44 AM
Did Yoakum get 3rd Matt if you know? We had only 1 loss, and the team we were to play didn't and left as I was told.

cboycansurvive
06-17-2012, 09:35 AM
Ingleside had a good showing in La Vernia. They lost to Wimberley by 5 and had seceral oppurtunities to win that one. In the second game, they were on the goal line in overtime against Marion going in for the win and threw an int. Tha beat La Vernia bad in the consolation game. They will be fine this year. From what I hear they are 7-1 in league play in Corpus and stomped Carroll and Moody last week.

Gone Fishing
06-17-2012, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the great info GF. Hopefully there was no controversy. How did our new QB and new receiving corp really look?

No controversy not close. Lol They looked real good after the first game.

MustangFootball
06-17-2012, 09:17 PM
Welcome to the Board cbcs, it's good to hear that a young Ingleside team was in those games and had a chance!!! I'm sure I could have been a lot worse!!!!!