Show now up
http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1255035

All went well till G forgot Goliad dropped lol

Ville-D
06-08-2012, 01:05 AM
Show now up
http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1255035

All went well till G forgot Goliad dropped lol

Thanks for the www.StephenvilleYellowJackets.com plug!

Bosqueville
06-08-2012, 10:03 AM
Brownwood's not a dark horse??

Txbroadcaster
06-08-2012, 10:09 AM
Brownwood's not a dark horse??

as we said on show..I dont think they are because they are expected to be good..but they are close

Bosqueville
06-08-2012, 10:24 AM
as we said on show..I dont think they are because they are expected to be good..but they are close

i didn't think anyone expected us to be good...

bigwood33
06-08-2012, 10:29 AM
That move in QB certainly doesn't hurt!

Gsquared
06-08-2012, 10:29 AM
Move in from Brady outta push you guys even closer to being good!

Bosqueville
06-08-2012, 11:04 AM
Move in from Brady outta push you guys even closer to being good!

Wait until you see the offensive line...

Gsquared
06-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Wait until you see the offensive line...
Small?

BEAST
06-08-2012, 11:31 AM
Small?

Nope. Itll be on of the biggest in a while around here.

BEAST

Gsquared
06-08-2012, 11:35 AM
Nope. Itll be on of the biggest in a while around here.

BEAST

Oh ok, I was thinking he meant they were going to be small.

bigwood33
06-08-2012, 11:36 AM
Oh ok, I was thinking he meant they were going to be small.
Smartass :devil:

Gsquared
06-08-2012, 11:40 AM
Smartass :devil:
:nerd:

Txbroadcaster
06-08-2012, 12:14 PM

yea they did..dont pretend

Bosqueville
06-08-2012, 12:49 PM
yea they did..dont pretend

:devil:

Gone Fishing
06-08-2012, 09:24 PM
I just listened to the show. I think you guys are great and all and really help us High school football junkies and dads out here , BUT Your show of dark horse's , short changed region 4. Yall always talk too much about the north/West/East. I understand you are from there, but you onlytalked about three teams in region 4 and one was 2 A . Come to central / south Texas man. We can play too. LOL. I do love the show though and thanks for your hours of hard work. I'll be ok.

Gsquared
06-08-2012, 10:24 PM
I just listened to the show. I think you guys are great and all and really help us High school football junkies and dads out here , BUT Your show of dark horse's , short changed region 4. Yall always talk too much about the north/West/East. I understand you are from there, but you onlytalked about three teams in region 4 and one was 2 A . Come to central / south Texas man. We can play too. LOL. I do love the show though and thanks for your hours of hard work. I'll be ok.

We gonna do region 4 justice from now on, I can promise you that. I went and saw several outstanding region 4 teams last year so I'm defiantly a believer

CTS
06-08-2012, 10:47 PM
Enjoyed it. I agree 24-3A is gonna be loaded at the top with LM, WC and Sweeny.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-09-2012, 08:31 AM
It's nice to hear about a Valley team for a change! BUT.....

1. Scott Ford will most likely stay at Hidalgo for at least 4 years. The reason why is an incoming Freshman QB by the name of Shea Patterson. Ford will want to stay for the duration of Patterson's high school career.

2. Hidalgo is near McAllen, not Brownsville!

Other than that, everything else about Hidalgo was spot on.

Here's a video of Shea Patterson, so you can see why Hidalgo is so dang excited about the next 4 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GyooxdbG9Q

Gone Fishing
06-09-2012, 08:59 AM
We gonna do region 4 justice from now on, I can promise you that. I went and saw several outstanding region 4 teams last year so I'm defiantly a believer

Perfect! And thanks.

Gone Fishing
06-09-2012, 09:01 AM
Enjoyed it. I agree 24-3A is gonna be loaded at the top with LM, WC and Sweeny.

Sleeper district 27. Wimberley, Canyon Lake.

ctown81
06-09-2012, 09:42 AM

1. Scott Ford will most likely stay at Hidalgo for at least 4 years. The reason why is an incoming Freshman QB by the name of Shea Patterson. Ford will want to stay for the duration of Patterson's high school career.

Here's a video of Shea Patterson, so you can see why Hidalgo is so dang excited about the next 4 years.

The pass at the 2:20 mark was very impressive. This kid is VERY accurate. Now I will admit, I haven't seen an 8th grade game in over 12 years. Is it normal for QB's that age to direct the offense and audible in the manner he was doing?

Txbroadcaster
06-09-2012, 10:03 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GyooxdbG9Q

As long as no big school comes calling I can see him staying, but no coach will say no to a great offer just because they have a stud player

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Is it normal for QB's that age to direct the offense and audible in the manner he was doing?

No, this kid is much more advanced than your normal 8th grade QB. Shea has an older brother who is a starting QB in college (Pitt, I think?) and Shea travels up to his brother and trains with him, his coaches, his WR corps, etc. So in terms of mechanics, preparation, etc. for an incoming Freshman, this kid is already at a very advanced level. He will most likely be the starter next season for Hidalgo.

And @ TXBroadcaster. Yes, Scott Ford will most likely look for a bigger and better job, but I truly believe he won't start looking elsewhere until after Shea Patterson graduates and is given a scholarship to a big D1 school. I know you mentioned Harlingen High, but those people in Harlingen freaking worship the ground Manny Gomez walks on. Harlingen South did recently hire, so how that turns out is still unknown.

There should be a couple of good AD/HFC jobs coming open down south after December.

Txbroadcaster
06-09-2012, 10:18 AM
No, this kid is much more advanced than your normal 8th grade QB. Shea has an older brother who is a starting QB in college (Pitt, I think?) and Shea travels up to his brother and trains with him, his coaches, his WR corps, etc. So in terms of mechanics, preparation, etc. for an incoming Freshman, this kid is already at a very advanced level. He will most likely be the starter next season for Hidalgo.

And @ TXBroadcaster. Yes, Scott Ford will most likely look for a bigger and better job, but I truly believe he won't start looking elsewhere until after Shea Patterson graduates and is given a scholarship to a big D1 school. I know you mentioned Harlingen High, but those people in Harlingen freaking worship the ground Manny Gomez walks on. Harlingen South did recently hire, so how that turns out is still unknown.

There should be a couple of good AD/HFC jobs coming open down south after December.

yea Gomez will have to leave on his own..but I know more and more SA schools keep looking into him when positions open and I know how frustrated he is with his situation as far as ISD and such

zebrablue2
06-09-2012, 10:32 AM
Kid looks to be a future good one. Does he look to be a starter as a Fr. I was LOL about the one official wearing a white hat in a sub-var. game, and also the 1 time the QB ran around the back of him while rolling left...

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-09-2012, 02:42 PM
@ Zebrablue - Yes, he's the expected starter for Hidalgo next season as a Freshman.

@ TXBroadcaster - Considering the fact Manny Gomez is a Harlingen native, an alumni of Harlingen High, and is pretty much worshipped in the city of Harlingen, it would be asinine of him to even consider leaving Harlingen. I've a feeling he'd rather get his championship at Harlingen or die trying.

MustangFootball
06-09-2012, 04:25 PM
First off I wanna say I loved the show you guys did a great job, and as a fan of region 4 I gotta say we love our football especially down here on the gulf coast, but yeah I think we got short changed a little, 2 of the 3 dark horses are in 2a.....one guy was giving the other guy a hard time about Goliad saying he embarrassed him and along Mathis is in 2a as well. Goliad,Mathis and Aransas Pass were all in our district last year(30-3a) and all dropped down to 2a....Texas is a big state and I'm sure it's hard to cover, but you guys are doing a great job and I really loved the show, I'm really looking forward to your next shows. don't forget us down here in the coastal bend.