PDA

View Full Version : What's Wrong With This Picture Type Stories

Phil C
06-06-2012, 01:46 PM
There are short stories that are amusing since the answer is so obvious. Please share yours also. I will share a few of mine and these are many years old.

1. A man walks into the post office and tells the postal clerk "I have just recently moved to this town and my mail will be coming general delivery. May I please have my mail?
The clerk picks up a stack of mail and asks "What is the name?"
The man says "I don't have to tell you my name. It will be on the envelope." :)

2. A man tells another friend "I try to get exercise by walking around the park but the trouble is I am so tired at the halfway point that I have to turn back." :)

3. A man tells a friend at church "The thing I mainly hate about work is that I have to drive uphill all the way to work. Then at quiting time I have to drive all the way home going uphill again." :)

4. If you buy a gun and shoot yourself accidently then you have wasted your money. :)

Phil C
06-07-2012, 02:23 PM
More great philosophy.

A man is at his dest at work and he calls home. He disguishes his voice and pretends to be someone else and asks for himself but is told that he is at work instead of home. He tells the receiver goodbye and hangs up the phone and slumps into his chair in deep relief.

Farmersfan
06-08-2012, 01:58 PM
I read years ago in a book a quote that has stuck with me all these years as a very profound thought:

The only way hurt someone that has lost everything is to give them back something broken!

Phil C
06-08-2012, 10:17 PM
I read years ago in a book a quote that has stuck with me all these years as a very profound thought:

The only way hurt someone that has lost everything is to give them back something broken!

Excellent!