PDA

View Full Version : Burnet/Killeen Shoemaker

Chris Hart
09-10-2003, 10:27 PM
What are yall's thoughts on this matchup? I have seen and heard other people saying Burnet in a runaway, but Burnet fans know this was a barnburner last year. Shoemaker closed the gap to 32-28 in the 4th, before they received a lethal dose of Patrick Miller, but he is no longer here. Shoemaker is as talented of a team as I've seen, last season their group of athletes/speed was second to none, including Everman, and they had plenty of depth, at least 60 players suited up. I think this game could go 2 ways. I believe if Burnet jumps out to a big early lead, Shoemaker will abandon their gameplan and start passing the ball too much and play into our hands(that's what I hope happens). If they don't allow Burnet the early lead, it could get real interesting. I believe if Shoemaker had a coaching staff comparable to Burnet's, Everman's or Sinton's, they could be in the hunt in 4A on a regular basis, as they are blessed yearly with an abundance of speed, speed and more speed. Go get em Bulldogs!

<small>[ September 10, 2003, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: Chris Hart ]</small>

BIG19
09-11-2003, 10:35 AM
It will be a good game. That is for certain. I feel it will be a very close game, specially if Burnet tackles like they did last week. Yes, I know, last year they were slow to start wrapping people up. That is what is happening again this year. So far it has been two games in a row where they are hitting people hard but not wrapping up or there are two many missed tackles period. If they want to get back to the top level, they need to work on it. I see Burnet by 7.

Curly
09-11-2003, 10:46 AM
"I believe if Shoemaker had a coaching staff comparable to Burnet's, Everman's or Sinton's, they could be in the hunt in 4A on a regular basis,"

This is an wrongheaded statement, what do you base your knowledge of the Shoemaker staff on?
Be careful before you make such statements.
I hope this is not Chris Hart from Snyder, if so I am much disappointed in him.
Ken Gray is a fine man and an exceptional coach, before starting the football program at Shoemaker he took a San Antonio Highlands team into the playoffs with a 10-0 record, not an easy task in any dist much less the San Antoino area.
Burnet has great coaches but so does Shoemaker,

JCM
09-11-2003, 01:57 PM
I heard that Chris Stone the good Shoemaker RB broke his wrist and is our for several games. The Burnet defense is nicked-up and doesn't need to see another LaShon Thayer type back for awhile.

Chris Hart
09-11-2003, 04:09 PM
Curly:
"I believe if Shoemaker had a coaching staff comparable to Burnet's, Everman's or Sinton's, they could be in the hunt in 4A on a regular basis,"

This is an wrongheaded statement, what do you base your knowledge of the Shoemaker staff on?
Be careful before you make such statements.
I hope this is not Chris Hart from Snyder, if so I am much disappointed in him.
Ken Gray is a fine man and an exceptional coach, before starting the football program at Shoemaker he took a San Antonio Highlands team into the playoffs with a 10-0 record, not an easy task in any dist much less the San Antoino area.
Burnet has great coaches but so does Shoemaker,First I am not from Snyder, so you don't have to be disappointed in me. What my basis for the statement is that I have seen Shoemaker play several games in the past few seasons, and they were ALWAYS the most talented team, but they lost 3 out of the 4 games I watched, and the 1 they won was against Marble Falls(who at this time is one of the worst teams in 4A). Also, I did NOT say the Shoemaker coaches weren't good coaches, I said they're not comparable to the staffs at Burnet, Everman and Sinton, and they're NOT. I can only imagine what them staffs could do with ALL that talent. I'm sorry if this offends you, but it is just one man's opinion.