PDA

View Full Version : 4A dropping to 3A

Eagle1
06-05-2012, 08:39 AM
With all the talk of Lamarque, Stephenville, Kilgore and others dropping and how they will dominate how many teams that have dropped to 3A in the last 10 years won state. I can think of Henderson and Chapel Hill and even Chapel Hill took their lumps a few years in 3A. Some teams who have failed to get it done that I thought would be real good are Brownwood, Mineral Wells, Jasper, Palestine, Athens, Paris, Big Spring, Alvarado, Andrews, Borger, Pampa, Navasota, WO Stark, Burnet, Lampasas, Fredricksburg, Columbia, and Rockport. I forgot Carthage dropped about 10 years ago, but they didn't start winning big until several years in 3A. I guess all these teams have done better than they would in 4A and Alvarado, Brownwood, Navasota and Columbus have been close. The point is just because teams drop does not mean instant guaranteed success. Henderson is the only team I can think of to drop and win state their first year and they got 3rd in their district that year, correct me if I am wrong.

orange machine
06-05-2012, 08:44 AM
With all the talk of Lamarque, Stephenville, Kilgore and others dropping and how they will dominate how many teams that have dropped to 3A in the last 10 years won state. I can think of Henderson and Chapel Hill and even Chapel Hill took their lumps a few years in 3A. Some teams who have failed to get it done that I thought would be real good are Brownwood, Mineral Wells, Jasper, Palestine, Athens, Paris, Big Spring, Alvarado, Andrews, Borger, Pampa, Navasota, WO Stark, Burnet, Lampasas, Fredricksburg, Columbia, and Rockport. I forgot Carthage dropped about 10 years ago, but they didn't start winning big until several years in 3A. I guess all these teams have done better than they would in 4A and Alvarado, Brownwood, Navasota and Columbus have been close. The point is just because teams drop does not mean instant guaranteed success. Henderson is the only team I can think of to drop and win state their first year and they got 3rd in their district that year, correct me if I am wrong.

Well hello Captain obvious.:crazy1:

jason
06-05-2012, 08:48 AM
O rly ?

Matthew328
06-05-2012, 08:49 AM
Henderson is the only one that won state their first year, I think WOS made the semis in their first year....Jasper made the semis also (lost to Burnet)....Everman made the semis the first year and then won it the next two years

Eagle1
06-05-2012, 08:53 AM
I forgot about Everman dropping and then going back up. They had a nice run.

Txbroadcaster
06-05-2012, 08:55 AM
CH imo should not be in this talk...they took 8 years to get to finals and 9 years to win state and basically came out of nowhere..in the time they dropped to 3A ere very average to below average until this two year run and we still dont know if that was just an amazing class or the beginnings of a power program

Rabid Cougar
06-05-2012, 09:01 AM
Henderson was a whipping boy before they dropped.

Txbroadcaster
06-05-2012, 09:10 AM

yea they were..but to be fair they spent alot of that time in one of the toughest 4A districts in the state.

they dropped at the perfect time...their talent was best at school since the Dudley days and were young enough to have a two year shot in 3A

Lion70
06-05-2012, 09:24 AM

7 losing seasons since 1968 yep were Pine tree lol.

Lion70
06-05-2012, 09:25 AM
yea they were..but to be fair they spent alot of that time in one of the toughest 4A districts in the state.

they dropped at the perfect time...their talent was best at school since the Dudley days and were young enough to have a two year shot in 3A

post 2004 then yes as for our history think not. henderson has over 500 wins under their belt.

Txbroadcaster
06-05-2012, 09:29 AM
7 losing seasons since 1968 yep were Pine tree lol.

with 5 of them coming since 03 and that included two 1 win seasons..be honest Henderson had become a bottom feeder in 4A before the drop

Lion70
06-05-2012, 09:50 AM
with 5 of them coming since 03 and that included two 1 win seasons..be honest Henderson had become a bottom feeder in 4A before the drop

Yes post 2004.

Rabid Cougar
06-05-2012, 10:45 AM

That is what the father of one of my son's team mate, Daniel Prior,told me. He missed the championship season. Said they only had won 1 game his senior season and was not very sucessful prior to that.

Lion70
06-05-2012, 10:47 AM
That is what the father of one of my son's team mate, Daniel Prior,told me. He missed the championship season. Said they only had won 1 game his senior season and was not very sucessful prior to that.

overall No. The decade of the 2000s we were crowing homecoming queens . 2004 Started their downfall 3-8.

ctown81
06-05-2012, 11:42 AM

Dudley was a beast in high school. That's when Carthage and Henderson had a REAL rivalry and not this "since we both have titles we should be friends" crap.

Lion70
06-05-2012, 11:50 AM
Dudley was a beast in high school. That's when Carthage and Henderson had a REAL rivalry and not this "since we both have titles we should be friends" crap.

LoL you didn't like that we let you use our indoor practice field lol. Dudley was good but not the best Henderson had to offer.