PDA

View Full Version : What is up with the Rangers?

orange machine
06-04-2012, 11:31 PM
They are playing awful what is going on?

Necked
06-04-2012, 11:35 PM
The embarrassment is complete, as craig gentry pitches in the 8th, at least they didn't get shutout...

Necks88Fan
06-05-2012, 12:20 AM
Man, that was horrible. I sure hope Holland can do better.

Tx Challenge
06-05-2012, 12:50 AM
They have the BEST record in the A.L. That's what's up

orange machine
06-05-2012, 08:21 AM
They have the BEST record in the A.L. That's what's up

Ah not for long they are playing like the bad news bears!!!

Farmersfan
06-05-2012, 08:33 AM
At what point does a "Slump" become a trend or an indicator of what they really are? The Rangers are just few short weeks away from being in second or third place in the division that they dominated early on. The mistakes that are costing them games are mistakes that mental in nature and that goes directly to the manager. How long would you guys allow Washington to continue to make excuses like "That how baseball go" before you pulled the trigger on a manager change? I've never seen anything from Washington to indicate to me he is a great manager so I would have already put him on notice.......

Txbroadcaster
06-05-2012, 08:41 AM
At what point does a "Slump" become a trend or an indicator of what they really are? The Rangers are just few short weeks away from being in second or third place in the division that they dominated early on. The mistakes that are costing them games are mistakes that mental in nature and that goes directly to the manager. How long would you guys allow Washington to continue to make excuses like "That how baseball go" before you pulled the trigger on a manager change? I've never seen anything from Washington to indicate to me he is a great manager so I would have already put him on notice.......

.500 is not great...but not a slump...we are seeing that starting pitching depth is a problem right now( as it is with every team to be honest).

I wont say Washington is the greatest manager of all time..but to try to say he should be on notice for having the best record in the AL and the biggest lead in the majors is crazy.

orange machine
06-05-2012, 08:41 AM

He has coached them to two world series and the players love him, I wouldnt make any changes during the season espacially. The offense will be there, but the pitching has got to get better and lets hope Oswalt is the man to turn the pitching staff back in the right direction. The Rangers will catch fire again and we will forget about this major slump, but they need to get started pretty soon.

Rabid Cougar
06-05-2012, 08:58 AM
That's nuts to even think about a coaching change. They were bound to cool off at some point in the season. I would much rather them cool off right now as opposed to August/September. They will get back on track and reel off a 10 game winning streak and all will be right with the world. All they have to do is keep the Angels right were they are and
.500 ball is doing it right now.

Farmersfan
06-05-2012, 10:31 AM
.500 is not great...but not a slump...we are seeing that starting pitching depth is a problem right now( as it is with every team to be honest).

I wont say Washington is the greatest manager of all time..but to try to say he should be on notice for having the best record in the AL and the biggest lead in the majors is crazy.

I wouldn't say Washington should be on notice for "having the best record in the AL and the biggest lead in the majors"! That is a YOU thing. I would say he is on notice because this team has played at a .500 level for about 30 games now and shows no signs of improving. In fact they appear to be getting progressively worse. And the biggest telling factor is that this team is losing to the bottom dwellers of the league. In fact 9 out of the last 12 losses for the Rangers have come against the Royals, Mariners, Astros and A's. Not a one of these teams is ranked higher than #24 in the 30 team league. The other 3 losses were against the Angels that are actually ranked #14 in the league and have been playing better. The Rangers have not played a GOOD team since they played the Orioles a month ago and they beat them 3 out of 4. All I'm saying is that this should get the manager put on notice!

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/powerRankings

http://espn.go.com/mlb/powerrankings

orange machine
06-05-2012, 10:51 AM
Bottom line is the Rangers are playing like crap and with the players they have .500 baseball is not good enough. I get that they will will have bad games, but they are looking like the Spurs.

Farmersfan
06-05-2012, 10:58 AM
Bottom line is the Rangers are playing like crap and with the players they have .500 baseball is not good enough. I get that they will will have bad games, but they are looking like the Spurs.

They are playing like crap against some of the worst teams in the league............. That's what concerns me so much!

Txbroadcaster
06-05-2012, 11:12 AM
I wouldn't say Washington should be on notice for "having the best record in the AL and the biggest lead in the majors"! That is a YOU thing. I would say he is on notice because this team has played at a .500 level for about 30 games now and shows no signs of improving. In fact they appear to be getting progressively worse. And the biggest telling factor is that this team is losing to the bottom dwellers of the league. In fact 9 out of the last 12 losses for the Rangers have come against the Royals, Mariners, Astros and A's. Not a one of these teams is ranked higher than #24 in the 30 team league. The other 3 losses were against the Angels that are actually ranked #14 in the league and have been playing better. The Rangers have not played a GOOD team since they played the Orioles a month ago and they beat them 3 out of 4. All I'm saying is that this should get the manager put on notice!

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/powerRankings

http://espn.go.com/mlb/powerrankings

30 games does not say anything about how a team is trending good or bad..if it did then last year for two straight months the Rangers were 27-28.. yet they still won their division and made the play offs....this is baseball folks..you dont judge on a series or a couple of months..you judge on the entirety of the season or your going to make alot of assumptions based on a good week, month or series

Farmersfan
06-05-2012, 03:55 PM
30 games does not say anything about how a team is trending good or bad..if it did then last year for two straight months the Rangers were 27-28.. yet they still won their division and made the play offs....this is baseball folks..you dont judge on a series or a couple of months..you judge on the entirety of the season or your going to make alot of assumptions based on a good week, month or series

You know that Ranger fans gave them the benefit of the doubt for like 40 years when they "30 or 40 game slumped" themselves completely out of the playoffs every year. Besides, there are two ways to view this. It's a problem that needs fixed right away or we will wait and see. The problem with the wait and see approach is once you finally do see, it's too late!

waterboy
06-05-2012, 04:34 PM
You know that Ranger fans gave them the benefit of the doubt for like 40 years when they "30 or 40 game slumped" themselves completely out of the playoffs every year. Besides, there are two ways to view this. It's a problem that needs fixed right away or we will wait and see. The problem with the wait and see approach is once you finally do see, it's too late!
I don't see that 30 or 40 game slump happening with today's Rangers. There's a lot more talent on this team than there was in those days. The Rangers have uncharacteristically made mistakes on defense, had some poor pitching performances, and missed some clutch time hits during this stretch. I can't see that happening for any extended length of time. A 162 game season is a long season full of streaks, and this is just one of those bad streaks that will end, but the sooner the better. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Rangers play .500 ball for another 2 to 3 weeks, and then add a game above .500 every week for a couple of weeks, then reel off about 7 or 8 wins in a row. I'm thinking they'll probably finish about 20 or so games above .500, which should be good enough to win the division in my opinion.

Buckeye1980
06-06-2012, 08:39 AM
Hmmm...best record in th AL....second best record in baseball.....biggest division lead in baseball.....these terrrible Rangers! Anyone else would be happy......did you really expect that hot start to last all year? The Rangers will be fine , all teams have some slumps through the year, we will survive!

zebrablue2
06-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Hmmm...best record in th AL....second best record in baseball.....biggest division lead in baseball.....these terrrible Rangers! Anyone else would be happy......did you really expect that hot start to last all year? The Rangers will be fine , all teams have some slumps through the year, we will survive!

Don't look now, but here come the Angels:iagree: Long season for sure, it will be fun!!!

coach
06-06-2012, 07:52 PM
They are playing awful what is going on?

They don't have a true ace and their lead off batter is an embarrassment. Until they fix those problems these woes will continue.

Txbroadcaster
06-06-2012, 09:42 PM
They don't have a true ace and their lead off batter is an embarrassment. Until they fix those problems these woes will continue.

While Kinsler is not a prototype lead off he is far from an embarrasment

95mustang
06-06-2012, 10:03 PM

Kinsler has crossed the plate more than anyone in the American League. That tells me he is getting on base which is what the lead off batter is suppose to do.

coach
06-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Ian kinsler = Jason witten

orange machine
06-08-2012, 08:32 AM
I dont care if the Rangers are in first place still or not they are losing and they wont be in first much longer if something doesnt give. I know its a long season and teams go through slumps, but they should be winning these series against most of these teams. The entire team seems off and something not right.

Farmersfan
06-08-2012, 11:08 AM
I dont care if the Rangers are in first place still or not they are losing and they wont be in first much longer if something doesnt give. I know its a long season and teams go through slumps, but they should be winning these series against most of these teams. The entire team seems off and something not right.

In reality the odds of this team repeating the past 2 season's success is pretty low. World Series 3 years in a row is a little too much to expect from anybody. But at some point it does become REALITY that we should expect consistent and high quality play from our professional athletes. Once the level of ability has been established then the failure to reach that level consistently is a underachievement. "See Dallas Cowboys the last 15 years". I really don't expect the Rangers to make a long deep run in the playoffs again but I do expect this team with these players to perform at a high level consistently................................

I would have already had a new manager running the team!

Tejastrue
06-13-2012, 10:00 PM
I know we've struggled of late but the pitching was outstanding tonight. Harrison has been a welcomed surprise. Joe Nathan has been quietly earning his keep since some early season struggles. Go Rangers.