PDA

View Full Version : AD/HFC Job Opening near Denton, TX area?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-03-2012, 06:08 PM
Just curious to see which jobs are open up that way. I have a friend who is interested in trying to get his first head coaching position in that area.

I do know Celina is open due to Coach Ford retiring, what are some others?

3 and out
06-03-2012, 06:22 PM
Celina is not and was not open.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-03-2012, 06:32 PM
Celina is not and was not open.

Well then! I stand corrected regarding Celina. But didn't Butch Ford retire???

3 and out
06-03-2012, 07:41 PM
Yes he did retire. Bill Elliott stepped up into the AD/Hd FB position.

bigwood33
06-03-2012, 07:47 PM
Well then! I stand corrected regarding Celina. But didn't Butch Ford retire???
Yes, 3 and out is being a little hard on you. Yes, Butch retired but it is a foregone conclusion that Bill Elliott will be named the AD/HFC. He has been the assistant HC for several years and they have named him "interim" AD/HFC pending approval by the school board. Someone from Celina may have some updated information and it may have been made official but I haven't seen confirmation.
The Aubrey HFC job came open, for a minute, but they have named the replacement already. They have a separate AD. I think that Bonham is still open and that would be a pretty good job. Their AD resigned a couple of weeks ago. As far as i know, that is the only AD/HFC job that is open.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-03-2012, 08:34 PM
Yes, 3 and out is being a little hard on you. Yes, Butch retired but it is a foregone conclusion that Bill Elliott will be named the AD/HFC. He has been the assistant HC for several years and they have named him "interim" AD/HFC pending approval by the school board. Someone from Celina may have some updated information and it may have been made official but I haven't seen confirmation.
The Aubrey HFC job came open, for a minute, but they have named the replacement already. They have a separate AD. I think that Bonham is still open and that would be a pretty good job. Their AD resigned a couple of weeks ago. As far as i know, that is the only AD/HFC job that is open.

Thank you, sir. I'll relay that info over to my friend. He's currently a defensive coordinator at a 5A school in Tennessee and is a young coach, just turned 35 in April. His father was a long-time coach and he's been around the game all his life. Very much a student of the game and he's very passionate about enriching the lives of his athletes.

bigwood33
06-03-2012, 08:45 PM
Good luck to him but he will probably have to start at a lower level. Having been in the business, I can tell you that it is VERY difficult for out of state coaches to come in at the 3A or above level unless they have been a highly successful HC (multiple state championships) and come get their foot in the door. There are so many outstanding coaches in Texas and this is a business of "who you know" they will usually get the best jobs...sometimes even the bad ones. He is also pretty late in trying to find something since almost all of the open jobs have been filled. In all honesty, he will probably have to start as a coordinator, just to begin to make some contacts. Again, good luck to him.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-03-2012, 09:08 PM
He's also open to 2A and even 1A (11-man). It doesn't necessarily have to be 3A or higher.

Twirling Time
06-04-2012, 04:36 AM
Bonham has been open for a while. Better move fast.