PDA

View Full Version : Texas Wins 2012 Men's Golf College National Championship

Phil C
06-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Today they held on and beat Alabama to claim it in a well fought match. Great news indeed! This time Bama was not able to take our key player out early. :)

Well Done Horns!

Phil C
06-03-2012, 06:00 PM
HOW ABOUT THEM HORNS BEATING ALABAMA TO WIN THE 2012 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP IN MEN'S COLLEGE GOLF!!
BEST NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH WE EVER HAD!

:clap:

bevo
06-03-2012, 06:34 PM
HOW ABOUT THEM HORNS BEATING ALABAMA TO WIN THE 2012 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP IN MEN'S COLLEGE GOLF!!
BEST NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH WE EVER HAD!

:clap:

Thanks for the update Phil C...tried keeping up with it while up here at work, but lost the feed. The last I seen, it was, us up at 2-3-0 thru 7-11. It'll be good to light the tower again.

Hookem' Horns!!!

Gone Fishing
06-03-2012, 07:25 PM
Come on, Golf is a sissy sport....Congrats though.... not real hard to recruit good golfers.. there is somewhere around one million that can play on the PGA Tour...LOL 5 times..

Z-RO
06-03-2012, 11:09 PM
Come on, Golf is a sissy sport....Congrats though.... not real hard to recruit good golfers.. there is somewhere around one million that can play on the PGA Tour...LOL 5 times..

Well then everybody else in the country should have been playing today and there should have been a giant tie for the national championship :tongue:

Seriously though it wasn't a football title, but its a national championship in something and as a fan of the University of Texas that's pretty darn cool :D

Aesculus gilmus
06-04-2012, 06:09 AM
Well then everybody else in the country should have been playing today and there should have been a giant tie for the national championship :tongue:

Seriously though it wasn't a football title, but its a national championship in something and as a fan of the University of Texas that's pretty darn cool :D

If you take seriously the philosophy of Randy Newman's song, "It's Money That Matters," golf is what every toddler aspiring to be a millionaire/billionaire should master from an early age. The E*TRADE baby comes to mind. I picture that kid going out to play with his first set of golf clubs after he botches his latest trade on the computer.

http://www.lyricsdepot.com/randy-newman/its-money-that-matters.html

RoyceTTU
06-04-2012, 08:40 AM

I hope this is the just a bad troll.

1 million can play on the PGA? bwahahaha
Sissy sport in the since that your not in the weightroom everyday or throwing your body around. It is one of the most technical sports out there and the mental side of golf as tough as any sport out there.

ogg
06-04-2012, 11:58 AM

Sissy sport in the since that your not in the weightroom everyday or throwing your body around. It is one of the most technical sports out there and the mental side of golf as tough as any sport out there.

Tiger Woods is a good example of how mental golf is, the loss of his father and wife really sent him reeling. I do enjoy seeing him fall apart though. He's like the Dallas Cowboys, you either love them a lot or hate them alot, but you do watch them.

Wish I had more time to play golf but just too busy.

ogg
06-04-2012, 12:00 PM

Hey Fish, the Tour de France is comming up soon. Will you be recording it?

Gone Fishing
06-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Hey Fish, the Tour de France is comming up soon. Will you be recording it?

Not a chance. Lol...

Gone Fishing
06-04-2012, 04:16 PM

Hey RoyceTTU, I said Lol 5 times!!! There's a good chance I know more about golf than you could imagine.... It is kind of easy to get 6 or 7 really good players to play at a major college like UT though.