PDA

View Full Version : 5ATexasFootball

Matthew328
06-03-2012, 01:25 PM
shocking that they are closing up shop....end of an era for 5A fans in the state for sure

Emerson1
06-03-2012, 04:21 PM
Sounds pretty crappy on their part, unless the real reason is it became a financial burden due to lack of donations. It's not like these sites need articles to stay alive, there isn't anything worth reading here outside of the main forum and it's bigger then ever. I would be pissed if I was a longtime, donating member of that site.

Roughneck93
06-03-2012, 04:27 PM
I read some of the comments in their forum and a few have spoken up on possibly taking the site over.

Matthew328
06-03-2012, 04:32 PM
It's certianly not as easy as some think....trust me

Roughneck93
06-03-2012, 04:41 PM
It's certianly not as easy as some think....trust me

No doubt. Be interesting to see how that turns out.

waterboy
06-04-2012, 08:31 AM
It's amazing to me that sites catering to the larger schools have more trouble staying in the black than sites that cater to the smaller schools in Texas. You would think that a larger, and usually richer, fan base would allow those sites to flourish. I guess they just don't love their football like small town Texas.....

Matthew328
06-04-2012, 08:44 AM
People are cheap and dont like to pay for stuff generally...running a site takes a lot of time and money...if you want content even more time and money...if guys aren't making money off the site interest usually isnt there...internet advertising pays crap....so you either have to have a subscription based model to pay for the talent or hope more young kids will want to do it on the cheap or get donations (which is very hit and miss)...the guys that ran 5ATF started doing this much like me, young, energetic and fresh out of college and didnt mind working for free and single....eventually I lucked out and got a gig that paid so as life moved on and I settled down my wife was OK with me working football because I still got paid...for 5ATF guys seems like they were starting to settle down and if they weren't making money on the site I'm sure the women in their lives weren't as understanding of taking time away from them for what appears to be a hobby

Lion70
06-04-2012, 08:45 AM
It's amazing to me that sites catering to the larger schools have more trouble staying in the black than sites that cater to the smaller schools in Texas. You would think that a larger, and usually richer, fan base would allow those sites to flourish. I guess they just don't love their football like small town Texas.....

I agree I love this site and smoaky and 5aeastexas can't compete with 3adownlow....

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-04-2012, 08:50 AM
Well that sucks. I hope those guys get their act together. Weren't the people that were running that site from the Katy area? I hope someone is able to take over the site and get it back up and running, but I DO NOT want it to be some "Delta Bravo" from San Antonio. It's a Valley thing.....

ctown81
06-04-2012, 09:36 AM

One difference between the large schools and the smaller ones is the fact that so much other media focuses on large school football. I for one frequent the forums due to lack of info on the smaller schools in the conventional media so I have to come here and find it. Also, I live in bedford right up the street from Euless Trinity. These people love their Trojans but they have so many other activities to get into living in city as opposed to most small towns, if it weren't for football there would be nothing there. I'm surprised it was successful as it was.