is now up

http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1255035

orange machine
06-01-2012, 10:31 AM
Grant shut up lol.

Gsquared
06-01-2012, 10:36 AM
Grant shut up lol.
Yeah, I started out just a little overbearing to say the least!
Oh, and one should dis-regard the F bomb I accidently dropped towards the end. No more drinkin BEFORE we record!

orange machine
06-01-2012, 10:42 AM
lol thanks for ruining the end!

Gsquared
06-01-2012, 10:44 AM
lol thanks for ruining the end!

Its not a movie, it was a HAPPY ENDING

Gsquared
06-01-2012, 10:49 AM
is now up

http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1255035
BTW, that WAS NOT Miranda Lambert, it was Simon LaBon

orange machine
06-01-2012, 10:50 AM
I didnt realize Kilgore was as good as yall say they are.

Gsquared
06-01-2012, 10:55 AM
I didnt realize Kilgore was as good as yall say they are.
They could be better than we think or not near as good but I really think they are going to be a really solid defensive team and offensively just run it right at you, nothing flashy but effective. Either way, will be interesting to see how they turn out.

orange machine
06-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Will Kilgore be the D1 team?

orange machine
06-01-2012, 10:58 AM
Grant kick you in the Nuts are your serious????????

RoyceTTU
06-01-2012, 10:59 AM
dropping the F-Bomb was F'n awesome....OMG it was funny.

Gsquared
06-01-2012, 11:01 AM
Grant kick you in the Nuts are your serious????????
Kick me in the nuts? Huh?

orange machine
06-01-2012, 11:03 AM
You said something on the show about kicking you in the Nuts.

Gsquared
06-01-2012, 11:04 AM
You said something on the show about kicking you in the Nuts.
Man, I drank way to much, I dont remember half of what I said.

orange machine
06-01-2012, 11:08 AM
I feel bad for Stephenville so many people have placed a huge target on their backs. They are gonna get everybodies best which im sure they want, but I think alot of these 3A teams are gonna want to prove they can hang.

orange machine
06-01-2012, 11:25 AM
Nice job Grant talking about Argyle and Celina then you drop the big F-Bomb freakin hilarious!!!!!

ctown81
06-01-2012, 12:48 PM
Nice job Grant talking about Argyle and Celina then you drop the big F-Bomb freakin hilarious!!!!!

That was CLASSIC!!!!

Gsquared
06-01-2012, 12:50 PM
That was CLASSIC!!!!
TXB and TheOldCoach are making me blow in to a breathalizer before every show from now on

ctown81
06-01-2012, 12:51 PM
I know this was a pre-pre show but for some reason I can't help but feel you guys aren't too high on Carthage this year. We expect this team to be on par or even better than '08.

orange machine
06-01-2012, 12:58 PM
I know this was a pre-pre show but for some reason I can't help but feel you guys aren't too high on Carthage this year. We expect this team to be on par or even better than '08.
I think they were more concerned with the new guys moving in and got side tracked a little with Argyle and Celina. Ive got Carthage as my number one pre-season pick.

If yall are anywhere close to being as good as the 08 team yall will be tough to beat.:doh:

Gsquared
06-01-2012, 12:58 PM
I think Carthage is a top 2 team actually. Man, you guys had a ton of Soph's play last year!

mick5302
06-01-2012, 01:09 PM
Would like to have heard about some other teams, instead of the same teams over and over, every show. The dark horses are more interesting, bc those are the teams that can bite you in the butt.

Gsquared
06-01-2012, 01:11 PM
Would like to have heard about some other teams, instead of the same teams over and over, every show. The dark horses are more interesting, bc those are the teams that can bite you in the butt.
True that. Promise we will talk a ton of different teams on the pre season show in July or August. Probably do something by region and hit most teams

Ville-D
06-01-2012, 01:11 PM
TXB and TheOldCoach are making me blow in to a breathalizer before every show from now on

Grant were you working out on the StairMaster during the recording.

Gsquared
06-01-2012, 01:15 PM
Sweatin to the Oldies with Richard Simmons. Terry has a digitally remasterd DVD copy.

Txbroadcaster
06-01-2012, 01:34 PM

beer curls

ctown81
06-01-2012, 01:37 PM
True that. Promise we will talk a ton of different teams on the pre season show in July or August. Probably do something by region and hit most teams

That may be hard to do with people like me complaining about you guys not talking about their team enough. In all seriousness though, I like the show just had that feeling. No complaints about the amount of time you talked about us b/c honestly I get tired of hearing about the same teams even if it is Carthage. Also, if you guys can guarantee me an F'Bomb like moment every week, I'm there.

Gsquared
06-01-2012, 01:47 PM
That may be hard to do with people like me complaining about you guys not talking about their team enough. In all seriousness though, I like the show just had that feeling. No complaints about the amount of time you talked about us b/c honestly I get tired of hearing about the same teams even if it is Carthage. Also, if you guys can guarantee me an F'Bomb like moment every week, I'm there.
F yeah ill guarantee you an F bomb every week. Plus, we gonna have a free tshirt contest on the next show. There will be NO DRINKING before the next show.

Txbroadcaster
06-01-2012, 01:54 PM

we normally do talk a a good amount of teams..this show was just to talk about the big drop downs and a teaser look at final 4 teams which was brought on by a thread here

orange machine
06-01-2012, 02:05 PM
I found the show to be highly entertaining!!!

ctown81
06-01-2012, 02:13 PM
I found the show to be highly entertaining!!!

When are you guys going to do a show on location?

Gsquared
06-01-2012, 02:24 PM
When are you guys going to do a show on location?
We've been kicking the idea around for a while. Trying to figure out the when and where. We take suggestions too!

CTS
06-01-2012, 02:25 PM
I really enjoyed listening to the show.....I agree that El Campo is a sleeper team but if they run into Carthage in the semis it will be tough to contain that speed.....

Stephenville and La Marque will not meet under any circumstances...the only way La Marque would go big school would be if both Stafford and West Columbia missed the playoffs and KIPP made it...which will not happen....

So Stephenville, Carthage, Kilgore, El Campo etc will be Division I. The real mystery will be where Navasota ends up...if Taylor makes the playoffs they go DII and deal with LM....if Taylor misses they go DI and deal with Carthage

Gsquared
06-01-2012, 02:36 PM
I really enjoyed listening to the show.....I agree that El Campo is a sleeper team but if they run into Carthage in the semis it will be tough to contain that speed.....

Stephenville and La Marque will not meet under any circumstances...the only way La Marque would go big school would be if both Stafford and West Columbia missed the playoffs and KIPP made it...which will not happen....

So Stephenville, Carthage, Kilgore, El Campo etc will be Division I. The real mystery will be where Navasota ends up...if Taylor makes the playoffs they go DII and deal with LM....if Taylor misses they go DI and deal with Carthage

Excellent insight! I think Taylor returns quite a bit, remember they gave Wimberley all they wanted 38-31 2OT Bi-District round

Ville-D
06-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Wow I just finished the listening the show - had to split it up due to work responsibilities.

#1 TXB - Very professional and great job trying to keep the shows wheels on.
#2 G2 - Great job kicking your liver in the nuts and showing it who's the boss. It was like you got "drunker" as the show went on. I hope you didn't drive home.

This was my S2S to listen to, are they usually "family friendly?"

Txbroadcaster
06-01-2012, 05:49 PM
Wow I just finished the listening the show - had to split it up due to work responsibilities.

#2 G2 - Great job kicking your liver in the nuts and showing it who's the boss. It was like you got "drunker" as the show went on. I hope you didn't drive home.

yes..the F bomb was the first in S2S history lol

Cant really blame G too much....the idea of the night was he come over and we cook steaks for us( my wife was hanging with us) around 6:30 have a couple of drinks then record( he always drinks a beer or two while recording) and be done by 8:30..problem was we had some tech problems we had to resolve and it was 9ish before we ever began and about 10:30 before we were truly finished so by the end Grant not only had a few, but more importantly alot of folks on here dont know but Grant is usually in bed by 9-930 on weekends because how early he gets up for work so he was way off his normal thursday night time..

you will learn we dont take ourself very serious, but we do the subject of 3A HSFB and even though we have fun we bust our butts on the info and research side. we literally had 3 folders filled with info for a show that only talked about 10 teams or so....when we do our regular season stuff we have books of research for some shows and for the real preview show we have basically a book of info for every region

Txbroadcaster
06-01-2012, 06:02 PM

no..we both feel Carthage is one of THE teams to beat this season..just have to shore up the OL with losses but they are a OL factory

Gone Fishing
06-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Excellent insight! I think Taylor returns quite a bit, remember they gave Wimberley all they wanted 38-31 2OT Bi-District round

Taylor was very good , but I dont remember who they had coming back, they had some young players though. They caught Wimberley sleeping some early, but not in the second half and they still hung with us till the end. I think they will have a new coach though.

Manso/V8
06-03-2012, 11:31 AM

A part from the fact that Stephenville dropped down a classification and has a better chance for a deep playoff run, success in other sports, etc. I get the impression that you just flat out like being 3a over 4A, like the attitude and culture in 3a is a better fit for you personally and for Stephenville in general. Does anyone around there regret the drop, thinking that 3a is less prestigious, or something like that?

The one downside I see to 3a over 4a, it may be a little tougher for players to get recruited out of 3a compared to 4a, especially to bigger DI colleges.