PDA

View Full Version : Region 2 championship

Farmersfan
05-31-2012, 09:26 PM
I just got word that PG has beaten the Farmers tonight in game #1 by a score of 5-2. Better luck Saturday Farmers!

Farmersfan
06-04-2012, 09:44 AM
Well the Farmers put their best effort on the diamond but came up short against a very good Pleasant Grove team on Saturday. I understand the Farmers had the bases loaded in the bottom of the 7th but could not make magic happen and lost 4-0. I guess making it to the Regional finals in 3A is a major accomplishment by a team with 2A enrollment and is the furthest Farmersville has ever made it in baseball. We are proud of you Farmers! Great job.......

bigwood33
06-04-2012, 10:25 AM
Congrats to those kids!

Horns13
06-04-2012, 04:12 PM
Well the Farmers put their best effort on the diamond but came up short against a very good Pleasant Grove team on Saturday. I understand the Farmers had the bases loaded in the bottom of the 7th but could not make magic happen and lost 4-0. I guess making it to the Regional finals in 3A is a major accomplishment by a team with 2A enrollment and is the furthest Farmersville has ever made it in baseball. We are proud of you Farmers! Great job.......

Thanks FF...the kids fought hard but PG was just the better team. Very, very well coached team and have great pitching. Man, the PG side-armer (Brown) had some nasty stuff against the right-handers from what I heard. Even trying to simulate that in practice last week didn't help because he had a lot of movement and the lefty Buchanan was equally as tough.

Had bases loaded in 5th with 1 out and grounded into double-play. Had 1st and 3rd in 6th with 2 outs and K'ed looking. But the Farmers fought till the end and tried to make PG sweat a little.

Hats off to all these graduating Seniors. Most will not be moving on to baseball at the collegiate level, but rather in Football or via Academic scholarships..great bunch of young men though!

Would like to wish the best of luck to PG in their record 5th state trip back to Austin. Go get it done for Region 2!