PDA

View Full Version : Argyle getting a fine coach from Burnet

Cam
05-31-2012, 12:09 PM
LB's coach Scott Styron is leaving Burnet to take a position with Argyle.....A great hire for you guys!!....He's as good as they come on and off the field. Has a fine family too! Good luck to Coach Styron!!

lv2937
05-31-2012, 01:54 PM
LB's coach Scott Styron is leaving Burnet to take a position with Argyle.....A great hire for you guys!!....He's as good as they come on and off the field. Has a fine family too! Good luck to Coach Styron!!he also has a pretty good athelic daughter also.

Z's daddy
06-04-2012, 09:05 AM
Agree with you 100%. Coach Styron is a great coach and even better person. Burnet will miss him. At least one other coach will be gone from the staff as well. Not sure what is going on, but something ain't right with the Kool-Aid.

BEAST
06-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Agree with you 100%. Coach Styron is a great coach and even better person. Burnet will miss him. At least one other coach will be gone from the staff as well. Not sure what is going on, but something ain't right with the Kool-Aid.

Its really not that uncommon when a new HC comes in. Especially when he was hired from within. Before Jones was given the HC position these coaches where his equal, now the work for him. Pretty tough transition for some. It will all settle down and Jones will replace these guys and Burnet will be fine.

BEAST

Cam
06-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Its really not that uncommon when a new HC comes in. Especially when he was hired from within. Before Jones was given the HC position these coaches where his equal, now the work for him. Pretty tough transition for some. It will all settle down and Jones will replace these guys and Burnet will be fine.

BEAST

Beast, you talk as if you know this guy Jones......almost like he was your neighbor or something!...LOL....

Z's daddy
06-15-2012, 08:19 AM
Styron (LB's), Jordan (WRs), and Bryant (RBs) are all gone for one reason or another. All quality coaches and good people. The kids loved all of these guys. I just hate to see a program with quality people in place getting turned upside down from within. This was a young team last year that will probably have to have more young kids step up this year with a newer, and potentially tougher district. I don't have all of the information, but from what I have heard is that it seemed to have happened over night, and not necessarily by all these coaches choice to leave. I wish all of these guys good luck in wherever they go to next, and much luck to those that are still there. There will be a lot of holes to fill, especially at QB and RB on offense, and LB and DB on defense. Lots of seniors were in those positions.

Ernest T Bass
06-15-2012, 08:48 AM

Argyle is an exponentially better coaching job than Burnet. That's probably why. Not sure where the other guy is going.

BEAST
06-15-2012, 08:49 AM
Styron (LB's), Jordan (WRs), and Bryant (RBs) are all gone for one reason or another. All quality coaches and good people. The kids loved all of these guys. I just hate to see a program with quality people in place getting turned upside down from within. This was a young team last year that will probably have to have more young kids step up this year with a newer, and potentially tougher district. I don't have all of the information, but from what I have heard is that it seemed to have happened over night, and not necessarily by all these coaches choice to leave. I wish all of these guys good luck in wherever they go to next, and much luck to those that are still there. There will be a lot of holes to fill, especially at QB and RB on offense, and LB and DB on defense. Lots of seniors were in those positions.

Why dont you go talk to your AD instead of listening to rumors? I always get much better info here in Brownwood when I go talk to Coach Shipley rather than what I hear around the water cooler.

BEAST

BEAST
06-15-2012, 08:50 AM
Beast, you talk as if you know this guy Jones......almost like he was your neighbor or something!...LOL....

Hmmmm. LOL

BEAST

Cam
06-15-2012, 09:51 AM
Argyle is an exponentially better coaching job than Burnet. That's probably why. Not sure where the other guy is going.

I spoke to Coach Styron. He is very happy to be going to Argyle to "be closer to family". Plus, as he said, "still have my kids go to an academically and athletically exceptional school at the 3A level." He will be missed.
Like many schools, Burnet ISD is going thru some tough budget issues. I hope coach Styron got a nice raise which he definitely deserves.

Ernest, why would you think Argyle is "exponetially better" than Burnet? Do you mean in a monetary sense or what?

Z's daddy
06-15-2012, 10:04 AM
I have talked to Jones and others within the school. There are different reasons why some left. Some for a better position, some due to money problems within the school (RIF), etc., etc. It was posted in an earlier thread when there was going to be a new AD that there may be some changes and that it may be hard for some to work with the new AD after being colleagues. Maybe it is the other way around?

Z's daddy
06-15-2012, 10:18 AM
I think monetary has something to do with it, but the stability of the district has to be a lot better. Burnet is having tough budget times right now, and Argyle seems to have a better plan in place to deal with cutbacks. Over a dozen teachers/coaches either retired, resigned or were gotten rid of due to a RIF. I don't care who you are, or what your job is. If your company is not financially sound and having to get rid of people, it is not a good situation. The kids are great, and have heard nothing but good things about the faculty. But you want stability. I am sure that Argyle is quite a bit more stable financially right now. Who knows what it will be like in the next 2-4 years, but right now it has to be better. I believe their academic rating is better as well. When you have kids, those are things you have to think about as well. Burnet hasn't been "ranked" highly by the TEA based on test scores. I am sure that scores will improve, but Burnet is probably looking at an increase when it comes to student-teacher ratio. Ideally you want it between 18:1 to 20:1. Without being able to replace those teachers, it would not be hard to believe that the ratio could be 25:1 or higher in most classrooms. That does not help when it comes to teachers being judged based on test scores. Burnet is a good place and I'm sure they will rise back up with new administration (Supt., Asst. Supt., Principal, etc.). But if you had to ask me which one would be better right now, it would be Argyle.

regaleagle
06-15-2012, 11:16 AM
Welcome Coach Styron to a whole new environment here in Argyle. You will find our little community very supportive and our kids eager to learn and be winners. Your own kids will grow and become fiercely competitive in this environment. We have an excellent group of younger players coming up in the next few years, and you just inherited a good group that will be ready to rumble.

Ernest T Bass
06-15-2012, 11:45 AM
I spoke to Coach Styron. He is very happy to be going to Argyle to "be closer to family". Plus, as he said, "still have my kids go to an academically and athletically exceptional school at the 3A level." He will be missed.
Like many schools, Burnet ISD is going thru some tough budget issues. I hope coach Styron got a nice raise which he definitely deserves.

Ernest, why would you think Argyle is "exponetially better" than Burnet? Do you mean in a monetary sense or what?

Better in location, better in pay, better in athletics. Burnet hasn't been relevent in football in almost 10 years, and the only time they were, they had 2 future NFL players/coaches' kids leading the way. Argyle is successful in every sport, is in a great location, pays much better, is extremely successful academically, and is growing in ways that should ensure continued success.

Cam
06-15-2012, 12:03 PM
Better in location, better in pay, better in athletics. Burnet hasn't been relevent in football in almost 10 years, and the only time they were, they had 2 future NFL players/coaches' kids leading the way. Argyle is successful in every sport, is in a great location, pays much better, is extremely successful academically, and is growing in ways that should ensure continued success.

.....dang...guess I'm living in a real underachieving dump of a town.......I better move to Argyle!......

Ernest T Bass
06-15-2012, 12:07 PM
.....dang...guess I'm living in a real underachieving dump of a town.......I better move to Argyle!......

Wouldn't be a bad idea.
I knew someone from Burnet would get their feelings hurt. :D

Cam
06-15-2012, 12:38 PM
Wouldn't be a bad idea.

Nah....but you "almost" hurt my feelings!....I got no business in that area anymore (after 20+ years). Even owned some land in Little Elm but let that go too..(dammit, I should've hung onto it just a little bit longer..that town exploded!).....I'm done with north Texas!......I'll stick to the beautiful Hill Country....where the turkey come crap in my yard, the foxes eat my cat's food, the owls hoot at night and try to eat my cat, the scorpions crawl on my living room floor, the brown recluses crawl on me, the deer eat every plant my wife makes me buy, and Greendawg lives just a few miles away!!........It's almost heaven!.......plus, like Bob once told you, there ain't no more "tough country boys" left in Burnet. So, no boot-wearin' son bitch can bother this transplanted city boy!.....Bet you didn't know I had such a good memory did ya?.......:crazy1:......Next time you're in Burnet, I'd like for you to buy me lunch!...PM me.....

Ernest T Bass
06-15-2012, 12:58 PM
Ha! He did infact, tell me that's the main reason he got outta town.
Notice, I said that Argyle is a better coaching job, not a better place to live. Living is pretty relative. Next time I'm in the area, I'll definitely buy you lunch!

Cam
06-15-2012, 01:37 PM
Ha! He did infact, tell me that's the main reason he got outta town.
Notice, I said that Argyle is a better coaching job, not a better place to live. Living is pretty relative. Next time I'm in the area, I'll definitely buy you lunch!

That's funny....Bob was BS'n you!.....oh yeah, he left Burnet cause he just had to go to suburbia Coppell.....the land where every kid is raised on a farm, is corn-fed, where they raise their own chickens, goats, cows, etc., love to calf rope, bull ride, (no joke, check out the Coppell Rodeo sometime), and where every kid wears boots and drives a pickup truck......I could go on here.....
I knew Bob too, and I know the real reasons he left....but it's pretty irrelevent....just like this post......
...............OK, you're on....bring money, I eat.......

greendawg84
06-15-2012, 03:10 PM
Wouldn't be a bad idea.

You cant hurt Cam's feelings ,,,,, the boy aint got none. ETB if you take him to lunch make sure he dont bring that oldest boy of his , damn that boy can eat!