PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Cowboys

Farmersfan
05-31-2012, 06:13 AM
I see on Sportscenter reports that Jerry Jones doesn't appear to be pleased with his leadership's response to his "sense of urgency" speech last week. He as much stated that since it was "HIS" window that the Dallas Cowboys operated with then it was "HIS" decision as to when they would have a sense of urgency. Way to go Jerry! I find this funny though because Jerry still has one of the most underachieving QBs of all time and a franchise saving young coach that was just voted the #23 ranked coach in a 32 team league! The sense of urgency that he wants from them starts in his office on a daily basis and not just when he gets in front of the camera....... Bringing in all this young talent and putting them in the same ol' environment isn't going to change anything. The environment needs to be changed............. Can't wait for the NFL to start!

coach
05-31-2012, 07:45 AM
2 things i disagree with....

I wouldnt put romo under the most underachieving qbs of all time when you have the ryan leafs and jamarcus russells out there. and Jason Garrett was ranked correctly. quite frankly he is not that good of a coach.

Lion70
05-31-2012, 08:25 AM
2 things i disagree with....

I wouldnt put romo under the most underachieving qbs of all time when you have the ryan leafs and jamarcus russells out there. and Jason Garrett was ranked correctly. quite frankly he is not that good of a coach.

he had potential but thats about it

Txbroadcaster
05-31-2012, 09:29 AM
I think Garrett is ranked about right...now lets see if he can move up that ranking this year or not

Farmersfan
05-31-2012, 10:04 AM
I think Garrett is ranked about right...now lets see if he can move up that ranking this year or not

Does Garrett's ranking go up or down with the win/loss record of the team in your opinion? I can tell you that a #23 ranking indicates that there are a lot of other coaches ranked ahead of him who have a much worst win/loss records. I'm a bit of a walker of the fence on Garrett! I see good things and I see bad things.

Txbroadcaster
05-31-2012, 10:10 AM
Does Garrett's ranking go up or down with the win/loss record of the team in your opinion? I can tell you that a #23 ranking indicates that there are a lot of other coaches ranked ahead of him who have a much worst win/loss records. I'm a bit of a walker of the fence on Garrett! I see good things and I see bad things.

yes and no..with it being Dallas and how people percieve it then only winning does not matter unless Dallas goes 14-2 and goes to NFC title game..I think Garrett has to prove he can do better in game situations

His game planning and getting the team to play hard IMO are fine..it is the in game mistakes he made that he has to improve on

Farmersfan
05-31-2012, 10:16 AM
yes and no..with it being Dallas and how people percieve it then only winning does not matter unless Dallas goes 14-2 and goes to NFC title game..I think Garrett has to prove he can do better in game situations

His game planning and getting the team to play hard IMO are fine..it is the in game mistakes he made that he has to improve on

I agree!

RoyceTTU
05-31-2012, 10:44 AM
the earth just shook a bit

BEAST
05-31-2012, 11:30 AM

I felt it also. FF and TXB agreed on something Dallas Cowboy related. WOW

BEAST

waterboy
05-31-2012, 11:34 AM
I felt that, too! Whoda thunk it?

The Cowboys will get a chance to show if they've made improvements this season right away when they meet the defending Super Bowl champs, New York Giants, in New York to open the season.

Farmersfan
05-31-2012, 02:44 PM
I felt that, too! Whoda thunk it?

The Cowboys will get a chance to show if they've made improvements this season right away when they meet the defending Super Bowl champs, New York Giants, in New York to open the season.

Whats the odds the Cowboy team beats the crap out of the Giants the first week until Romo throws 17 points in turnovers to the enemy to rip defeat out of the jaws of victory like he did in the first week last year against the other NY team?
I say the odds are pretty good................ What say you TXB?

waterboy
05-31-2012, 02:57 PM
Whats the odds the Cowboy team beats the crap out of the Giants the first week until Romo throws 17 points in turnovers to the enemy to rip defeat out of the jaws of victory like he did in the first week last year against the other NY team?
I say the odds are about 3 to 1 that he doesn't make those kind of mistakes this year, at least not in the Giants game. It could happen, but I doubt it. Every QB makes mistakes, though, and Romo is not immune to them. I'm interested to see if the Cowboys can have a running game this season. If they do have a good running game, that can take a lot of pressure off the QB, provided he is given time to throw. I'm also interested to see if all the additions to the defense will make as big an impact as I think it will. The defense can also take a lot of pressure off the offense.

Txbroadcaster
05-31-2012, 03:25 PM

uhh Romo threw a int that led to a FG agianst the Jets nothing else

BEAST
05-31-2012, 03:31 PM

Then who was it Dallas was whipping last year until Romo threw 2 pick 6's? I really cant remember.

BEAST

waterboy
05-31-2012, 03:35 PM
Then who was it Dallas was whipping last year until Romo threw 2 pick 6's? I really cant remember.

BEAST
That would be Detroit. I think he was thinking about the Giant game at Cowboys Stadium last year, though, when the Cowboys also blew a lead in the 4th.

Farmersfan
05-31-2012, 03:51 PM

He also fumbled on the goal line which basically makes HIS 2 MISTAKES equal to a 11 point turnaround in favor of the Jets!!!!! And yes mistakes do happen all the time but that doesn't mean a player isn't held accountable for them.........Even Romo!

coog4eva
05-31-2012, 04:54 PM
My mom has a room in her house dedicated to the Cowboys......she tells me every season "Son this is the year...we are going all the way....." I just have to listen and nod when she calls me complaining about Romo and Jerry......

defense51
05-31-2012, 08:20 PM
My mom has a room in her house dedicated to the Cowboys......she tells me every season "Son this is the year...we are going all the way....." I just have to listen and nod when she calls me complaining about Romo and Jerry......

Must have been alot of listening and nodding over the last few years.

GrTigers6
06-01-2012, 05:41 AM
He also fumbled on the goal line which basically makes HIS 2 MISTAKES equal to a 11 point turnaround in favor of the Jets!!!!! And yes mistakes do happen all the time but that doesn't mean a player isn't held accountable for them.........Even Romo!Still the defense has to hold the lead late in the game. So you cant blame it entirely on Romo. He made several comebacks last year only to have the defense give it up again. Hopefully this new D will make a difference and show you how a good D can make a QB look much better with the same stats

Farmersfan
06-01-2012, 06:18 AM
Still the defense has to hold the lead late in the game. So you cant blame it entirely on Romo. He made several comebacks last year only to have the defense give it up again. Hopefully this new D will make a difference and show you how a good D can make a QB look much better with the same stats

Yes they do GrTigers6! The Defense absolutely must hold the lead late in games. The one thing the defense should not be required to do is make up for their QB's giveaway points!!!! Remember, there is a HUGE difference between getting beat and just giving points away................ And I don't see how next season's defense could not be better. They certainly couldn't be worst!

GrTigers6
06-01-2012, 07:39 AM
Yes they do GrTigers6! The Defense absolutely must hold the lead late in games. The one thing the defense should not be required to do is make up for their QB's giveaway points!!!! Remember, there is a HUGE difference between getting beat and just giving points away................ And I don't see how next season's defense could not be better. They certainly couldn't be worst!No they cant, Hopefully with a full offseason and a 2nd year in the system will help as well.