PDA

View Full Version : I've heard all this before

stang92
05-30-2012, 09:52 PM
I remember when Brownwood dropped to AAA in 2008 all the state title talk on this forum. It was comical in 2010 listening to all the Bwood posters declaring Bwood the best AAA team ever. No doubt they had an excellent team that year but lost in the semi's to Carthage. My point is that winning a state title requires a little luck along the way as well as talented players and good coaching. Now Stephenville will be outstanding next year. That's a fact. But it won't be as easy as some might think. Right now they're my pre-season #1, but don't be surprised if they don't win it all.

Gone Fishing
05-30-2012, 10:24 PM
I remember when Brownwood dropped to AAA in 2008 all the state title talk on this forum. It was comical in 2010 listening to all the Bwood posters declaring Bwood the best AAA team ever. No doubt they had an excellent team that year but lost in the semi's to Carthage. My point is that winning a state title requires a little luck along the way as well as talented players and good coaching. Now Stephenville will be outstanding next year. That's a fact. But it won't be as easy as some might think. Right now they're my pre-season #1, but don't be surprised if they don't win it all.

Yup, So true. They should be great, but moving to 3A does not make it a whole lot easier, if any.

RoyceTTU
05-31-2012, 06:33 AM
This is news to me. Can you elaborate more.

ronwx5x
05-31-2012, 06:50 AM
First time I've heard all this. Boy am I surprised.

Lion70
05-31-2012, 07:34 AM
I remember all the Chapel hill will win state in 2010 lol good thing they won it this year .

CTS
05-31-2012, 01:01 PM
I agree 100%. Just because you drop doesn't GUARANTEE a state title. What I am looking forward to is a level playing field...

Last year in the fourth round we lost to Manvel 38-35. They have almost 2,400 kids in high school. We have 740. It was a 5A vs. a 3A meeting in the 4A Quarterfinals. Their talent pool was obviously much deeper than ours. They platooned 8 defensive lineman, 4 of which signed Division I. Their O-Line was HUGE.

Nobody believes we are going to get handed a State Title. We know folks can play. That being said, we know we won't be playing any 3A school that looks like Manvel. We are just looking forward to playing people that have the same numbers in the high school that we do.

toddg
05-31-2012, 02:35 PM
I agree 100%. Just because you drop doesn't GUARANTEE a state title. What I am looking forward to is a level playing field...

Last year in the fourth round we lost to Manvel 38-35. They have almost 2,400 kids in high school. We have 740. It was a 5A vs. a 3A meeting in the 4A Quarterfinals. Their talent pool was obviously much deeper than ours. They platooned 8 defensive lineman, 4 of which signed Division I. Their O-Line was HUGE.

Nobody believes we are going to get handed a State Title. We know folks can play. That being said, we know we won't be playing any 3A school that looks like Manvel. We are just looking forward to playing people that have the same numbers in the high school that we do.

whats the boy/girl ratio of that 740? heard somewhere it was 2/1...regardless, glad you are here..La Marque is a great program, and has been for a long time.

lostaussie
06-01-2012, 09:33 AM
I remember when Brownwood dropped to AAA in 2008 all the state title talk on this forum. It was comical in 2010 listening to all the Bwood posters declaring Bwood the best AAA team ever. No doubt they had an excellent team that year but lost in the semi's to Carthage. My point is that winning a state title requires a little luck along the way as well as talented players and good coaching. Now Stephenville will be outstanding next year. That's a fact. But it won't be as easy as some might think. Right now they're my pre-season #1, but don't be surprised if they don't win it all.No matter how good you are.............at some point you are going to need a little luck on your side. Sometimes it goes your way, and sometimes it doesn't.

zebrablue2
06-01-2012, 11:36 PM
No matter how good you are.............at some point you are going to need a little luck on your side. Sometimes it goes your way, and sometimes it doesn't.

At some point in the 6 playoff games, you will always need a little luck, no doubt....

Lion70
06-02-2012, 04:52 AM
At some point in the 6 playoff games, you will always need a little luck, no doubt....

+1 ask chapel hill.....

defense51
06-02-2012, 08:00 AM
At some point in the 6 playoff games, you will always need a little luck, no doubt....I agree we completely, we rolled through the playoffs last year with everything going our way. In the SC game we had a missed extra point, fumbled snap on 2 point conversion, and 3 interceptions. Lady luck was flat out rude to us that night!

Lion70
06-02-2012, 08:19 AM
+1 ask chapel hill.....

They credited a great Choke job by Alvarado and were outplayed by WC.