PDA

View Full Version : 7 on 7 results

JacketSwarm
05-29-2012, 10:38 AM
how are y'all doing in 7 on 7? this is my first year to really follow it and i wasn't sure what to really expect. do teams ever go undefeated leading up to the state tournament? how does 7 on 7 success translate to success in the fall?

Matthew328
05-29-2012, 10:49 AM
Yes there have been teams go unbeaten...believe DeSoto was unbeaten last summer......success does translate IMO

CTS
05-29-2012, 02:19 PM
I definitely think it translates

RoyceTTU
05-29-2012, 02:55 PM
as a majority it translates.
It doesn't mean 7on7 state champs = UIL champs or the flip
But on avg the teams that do well in either do well in the other

VWG
05-29-2012, 04:57 PM
It definitely helps the kids stay in shape, and getting reps in the passing game.
Besides that.... it's flag football. Kid could look lights out in shorts and a t-shirt, but once the real hits start you never know.

Matthew328
05-29-2012, 06:09 PM
If a team is running their stuff in 7 on 7 generally those results translate....not always but a majority of the time they do

Gone Fishing
05-29-2012, 07:06 PM
I definitely think it translates

If a team is running their stuff in 7 on 7 generally those results translate....not always but a majority of the time they do

Me Too!! I agree.

Manso/V8
05-29-2012, 07:26 PM
I think it can translates well for strong passing teams, and most deep run teams have a fairly strong passing game.

The popularity of 7on7 is one of the reasons Texas quarterbacks and receivers have a big influence in college football throughout the country.

buckeyebob
05-30-2012, 05:31 AM
how are y'all doing in 7 on 7? this is my first year to really follow it and i wasn't sure what to really expect. do teams ever go undefeated leading up to the state tournament? how does 7 on 7 success translate to success in the fall?

Schedule now for the State Champ Tourn @ TAMU, July 18-19. You will be able to get your craw full (for the Argyle guys, that is a chicken term).

BILLYFRED0000
05-30-2012, 02:42 PM

On the last question it does translate somewhat. Celina has 3 7 on 7 titles since 2000 and 4 state titles since that time. And we have gone deep in the 7 on 7 most of the time. I think it helps your athletes be better athletes no matter what you run in the fall.

BEAST
05-30-2012, 04:08 PM
Brownwood has only played in 1 SQT so far. We went 3-0 in our pool but lost in the semis. We are a work in progres. The boys are doing a good job learning Sam Harrells offense on the fly. As the summer goes on I expect we will get much better just based on the fact that we will be able to run more plays and understand why and what the design of the plays are meant to do.

On if success in 7 on 7 carries over to the fall, of course it does. How could it possibly not? When your Qb and receivers as well as Lbs and secondary get 100's of reps at just one tourney that they would not normally get, how can that not help? To qualify for the State tourney you gotta have good athletes and timing. To play deep in the tourney you gotta have very good players. To win it, they gotta be some studs. Good, very good, and studly players bode well in the fall.

BEAST

Cam
05-31-2012, 12:17 PM
Burnet Varsity & JV started off nicely at last Thursday's league play. Both Varsity & JV hosted Marble Falls, Llano, and Georgetown Eastview. It was a clean sweep for the Dawgs.

Varsity beat Marble Falls 21-14; Georgetown 32-12; and Llano 20-8

JV beat Marble Falls 14-6; Georgetown 28-0; and Llano 28-6

VWG
05-31-2012, 08:36 PM
Burnet Varsity & JV started off nicely at last Thursday's league play. Both Varsity & JV hosted Marble Falls, Llano, and Georgetown Eastview. It was a clean sweep for the Dawgs.

Varsity beat Marble Falls 21-14; Georgetown 32-12; and Llano 20-8

JV beat Marble Falls 14-6; Georgetown 28-0; and Llano 28-6

OK, but playing devils advocate.
Can Burnet beat Georgetown in a regular 11 man game?

NastySlot
05-31-2012, 09:13 PM

I think he might of meant to say Georgetown East View....it's a new school might not have seniors yet.

buckeyebob
06-01-2012, 04:26 AM
I think he might of meant to say Georgetown East View....it's a new school might not have seniors yet.

You mean G'town has more than one school??? When I went to college there in the long ago, they barely had one!!

Cam
06-01-2012, 11:11 AM

Burnet will be very young this coming season. At some points I recall they had 3 sophs lined up at receiver last season. Looks like they're gonna have a pretty good QB (Kiser) who I think will be a junior. And that's if he doesn't move away......It would not surprise me to see quite a few sophs get playing time again this year from that very strong freshmen team.
Can Burnet beat Georgetown in a regular 11 man game?.....shoot, how the heck do I know?....Contrary to what some folks tell me, I am not, I repeat, AM NOT, the second coming of Nostradamus!...and thank goodness for that!...I kinda take that as an insult quite frankly.........But I will tell ya that if Burnet had to play Georgetown (the big school or East View), I'd guarantee you the Burnet boys would show up....:2thumbsup

Matthew328
06-01-2012, 12:47 PM

Yes I think Burnet would handle Georgetown East View

FB-fanatic
06-01-2012, 12:54 PM
Yes I think Burnet would handle Georgetown East View

But lost to Gatesville in 7's.

Cam
06-01-2012, 01:04 PM
But lost to Gatesville in 7's.

Well heck....Burnet's gotta let Gatesville beat em' in something!....:crazy1:

Matthew328
06-03-2012, 04:29 PM
reading smoaky is amusing...the fans whose teams dont do well seem to think 7 on 7 means very little...for example theres a Chapel Hill fan saying there's no way Grace could beat them in football..probably true...but does Chapel Hill's struggles indicate they'll be down??? Because the last two years in 7 on7 Chapel Hill was REAL good...

MGAR
06-03-2012, 07:50 PM
You could be on to something there...

Matthew328
06-03-2012, 09:02 PM
This is why 7 on 7 can mean something from a team evaluation standpoint

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-03-2012, 09:12 PM
Port Isabel played in a 7 on 7 tournament (non SQT) in Weslaco yesterday and went 2-1 in their pool. They lost to Donna (5A), but then they beat Weslaco (5A) and Mission Veterans (4A). They missed advancing to the Semi-Finals by 2 points.

Considering the level of competition they faced, they did pretty well.

hollywood
06-04-2012, 04:33 PM
Stephenville is undefeated;)

Cam
06-04-2012, 05:08 PM
Any Burnetians out there know how the boys did in their league play last week or the tourny they played in this past weekend? The only thing I heard was a 56-0 win during the tourny but that's all I know....

hollywood
06-11-2012, 10:54 AM
Stephenville still undefeated?

Ville-D
06-11-2012, 03:30 PM
Stephenville still undefeated?

Yes. (unless you count Rock-Paper-Scissor)

hollywood
06-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Yes. (unless you count Rock-Paper-Scissor)

That's what I thought. Spoke with a receiver from S'ville last week and he said the same. Shaping up to be a great year as expected.

Ville-D
06-25-2012, 01:57 PM
Has everybody weighed in on this?

If Stephenville goes to the tournament and gets bounced those of you who say that 7 on 7 doesn't matter won't have anything to say, but if they do win you can say all you want. From the few games I've seen and from what I've read and heard they look pretty tough.

RoyceTTU
06-25-2012, 02:25 PM
Has everybody weighed in on this?

If Stephenville goes to the tournament and gets bounced those of you who say that 7 on 7 doesn't matter won't have anything to say, but if they do win you can say all you want. From the few games I've seen and from what I've read and heard they look pretty tough.

Just in-case nobody has told you, your avatar avatar really hoovers.

kthx

Ville-D
06-25-2012, 02:29 PM

kthx

Come on Royce, I expect more form you. Try again with more animation.

Ville-D
06-25-2012, 02:31 PM

kthx

Something like this if you've got it:

http://anongallery.org/img/9/4/corgi-hoover.gif

RoyceTTU
06-25-2012, 02:48 PM
Something like this if you've got it:

http://anongallery.org/img/9/4/corgi-hoover.gif

Well, truth is I googled "Suck Funny" and now i'm pretty confident HR will be firing me by the end of the week because I didn't have my "Safe Search" filter turned on.
On a side not, My last day with this company is Friday so this might work in my favor.

If i'm not lazy and my give a F*** isn't broken,,,details to follow. :evilgrin:

Ville-D
06-25-2012, 03:35 PM
Well, truth is I googled "Suck Funny" and now i'm pretty confident HR will be firing me by the end of the week because I didn't have my "Safe Search" filter turned on.
On a side not, My last day with this company is Friday so this might work in my favor.

If i'm not lazy and my give a F*** isn't broken,,,details to follow. :evilgrin:

Where are you going to work? Don't you work in Comanche?

BEAST
06-25-2012, 04:20 PM

Hes moving to Cali

BEAST

RoyceTTU
06-25-2012, 04:21 PM

Hes moving to Cali

BEAST

yup and yup. Moving to Tracy, Ca. 60 miles east of San Francisco. Driving out this Sunday early.

Ville-D
06-25-2012, 04:39 PM
yup and yup. Moving to Tracy, Ca. 60 miles east of San Francisco. Driving out this Sunday early.

Good luck out there. I lived in Irvine California (Orange County, South of LA) for 2 years before moving back to Stephenville. California - the land of Fruits and Nuts...

I am headed to Laguna Beach CA in the morning for a week with the wife (and no kids) to celebrate our 15 year anniversary.

RoyceTTU
06-26-2012, 09:11 AM
Good luck out there. I lived in Irvine California (Orange County, South of LA) for 2 years before moving back to Stephenville. California - the land of Fruits and Nuts...

I am headed to Laguna Beach CA in the morning for a week with the wife (and no kids) to celebrate our 15 year anniversary.

Don't worry, I'll still be around to keep you goobers in check :devil: I actually love it out there. It is beautiful. My new job is great and can't wait to be closer to my GF.

Ville-D
06-26-2012, 03:15 PM
Saw this today on 7 on 7 and 11 man football. http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasnews.com/2012/06/success-in-7-on-7-football-correlates-with-success-in-tackle-football.html/

GrTigers6
06-26-2012, 03:22 PM

I am headed to Laguna Beach CA in the morning for a week with the wife (and no kids) to celebrate our 15 year anniversary.Happy anniversary. We celebrated our 24th yesterday

FB-fanatic
06-29-2012, 12:22 AM
Lorena completes league play at Waco Midway tonight, going 8-1-1 with wins over district foes Robinson (3500 yd passing returning qb), China Spring, and Connally twice, crosstown rivals Reicher and win over 5A Midway II and tie of state runnerup 5A Midway I.After a slow start earlier in the season; much improved.

Ville-D
06-29-2012, 12:25 AM
Lorena completes league play at Waco Midway tonight, going 8-1-1 with wins over district foes Robinson (3500 yd passing returning qb), China Spring, and Connally twice, crosstown rivals Reicher and win over 5A Midway II and tie of state runnerup 5A Midway I.After a slow start earlier in the season; much improved.Nice job. Any win or tie vs Midway is good.

FB-fanatic
06-29-2012, 10:16 AM
Thanks. Not for sure where Midway is headed in 11-man 5A. Last year, they had a big, tall move-in qb who started early. 3/4through the season, it transitioned to the Roberts kid (Kim Mulkey's son from Baylor women's basketball). And Roberts finished the season as "the man" at the state championship game. He signed with LSU baseball as a HS junior. He was at the 7 on 7 games the first 2 weeks at qb, but haven't seen him since.

Ville-D
06-29-2012, 04:08 PM
Thanks. Not for sure where Midway is headed in 11-man 5A. Last year, they had a big, tall move-in qb who started early. 3/4through the season, it transitioned to the Roberts kid (Kim Mulkey's son from Baylor women's basketball). And Roberts finished the season as "the man" at the state championship game. He signed with LSU baseball as a HS junior. He was at the 7 on 7 games the first 2 weeks at qb, but haven't seen him since.We played them toward the end of the season and they were rotating 3 different sets of skill players. They were the best team we faced last year. IMO