PDA

View Full Version : 16-3A Who makes the playoffs this year?

oldtownag
05-29-2012, 10:31 AM
Gladewater
Chapel Hill
Henderson
Gilmer
Spring Hill
Bullard
Kilgore

Two playoff teams from last year want make it this year.

I say: Henderson, Kilgore, Gilmer but that means the 2011 Champs want even make the playoffs. Could it be Gilmer that misses the cut?

Sorry Bullard. You have no shot.

Saggy Aggie
05-29-2012, 10:56 AM
I say chill, Gilmer and the winner of Henderson/Kilgore.

Don't know much about either of those two so whoever wins that one

ctown81
05-29-2012, 11:02 AM
I honestly have no idea. Kilgore, Gilmer, Henderson and Chill all have a chance to win the district OR miss the playoffs completely. I"m glad my dawgs will be watching this one from a distance.

waterboy
05-29-2012, 11:05 AM
I say Gilmer, Chapel Hill, and Henderson/Kilgore. Any of the top four could fall into any order. My "hunch" is that Gilmer will win district, but I wouldn't doubt that nobody goes through this district unbeaten.

BTW, oldtownag, Gilmer will NOT miss the playoffs. The Dawgs got lucky that they didn't remain in 16-3A, because there would be a possibility that they wouldn't even make the playoffs.:cool::wave:

waterboy
05-29-2012, 11:06 AM
I honestly have no idea. Kilgore, Gilmer, Henderson and Chill all have a chance to win the district OR miss the playoffs completely. I"m glad my dawgs will be watching this one from a distance.
Yep, from a long distance. They are not even in Region 2 anymore.....

orange machine
05-29-2012, 01:03 PM
Gladewater
Spring Hill
Bullard

waterboy
05-29-2012, 01:40 PM
Gladewater
Spring Hill
Bullard
Haha........now THAT'S funny!:p I can see Bullard or Gladewater pulling an upset if somebody overlooks them, but that's about it. It'll still come down the big four: Gilmer, Chapel Hill, Henderson, and Kilgore.

cowboyandchrist
05-29-2012, 04:42 PM
I say Gilmer, Chapel Hill, and Henderson/Kilgore. Any of the top four could fall into any order. My "hunch" is that Gilmer will win district, but I wouldn't doubt that nobody goes through this district unbeaten.

BTW, oldtownag, Gilmer will NOT miss the playoffs. The Dawgs got lucky that they didn't remain in 16-3A, because there would be a possibility that they wouldn't even make the playoffs.:cool::wave:
Wishful thinking on your part. The Dawgs would win that district hands down with what they bring back this year. You do remember a 3 point win with seconds left on the clock with a senior laiden team against a team that started 9 sophmores. I might add the Dawgs will play Chapel Hill in non district. That should give an idea how both teams stack up. Carthage would spank Gilmer this year and you know it.

Lion70
05-29-2012, 05:28 PM
Wishful thinking on your part. The Dawgs would win that district hands down with what they bring back this year. You do remember a 3 point win with seconds left on the clock with a senior laiden team against a team that started 9 sophmores. I might add the Dawgs will play Chapel Hill in non district. That should give an idea how both teams stack up. Carthage would spank Gilmer this year and you know it.

lol yeah ok

CTS
05-29-2012, 07:37 PM
Will be interesting to keep up with this district down in Houston. Lots of new folks to get acquainted with.

buckeyebob
05-30-2012, 05:25 AM

In yo' dreams!

buckeyebob
05-30-2012, 05:27 AM
Will be interesting to keep up with this district down in Houston. Lots of new folks to get acquainted with.

Become a Buckeye...we allow transplants...oldtownag is a closet Buckeye.

waterboy
05-30-2012, 07:28 AM
Bwahahaha..... Aren't you just glad that you can talk with NO chance of having to prove it? Gilmer would beat Carthage AGAIN, and will beat them if they ever play again, which, sadly, won't be anytime soon. I was really looking forward to beating Carthage again this year. Too bad they couldn't schedule each other. It was a budding rivalry between two perennial 3A powers. Now the Dawgs are in a much weaker district where the crown will be handed to them. Geeesshhh.

bossman1
05-30-2012, 08:26 AM
lol yeah ok

After 4yrs in a row of losing to the Dawgs you should be glad that they aren't on Henderson's schedule. Who's your Daddy?

oldtownag
05-30-2012, 08:47 AM
Become a Buckeye...we allow transplants...oldtownag is a closet Buckeye.

I didn't start this thread to be insulted!

Double Wide is the one that is happy the Dawgs are no longer in 16-3A!

Lion70
05-30-2012, 09:09 AM
After 4yrs in a row of losing to the Dawgs you should be glad that they aren't on Henderson's schedule. Who's your Daddy?

The UIL made us dang 7 team district. Don't have a hissy fit just stating the obvious. Henderson allready has its hands full in our Little sec while yall get the Little Wac conference.

bossman1
05-30-2012, 09:22 AM
The UIL made us dang 7 team district. Don't have a hissy fit just stating the obvious. Henderson allready has its hands full in our Little sec while yall get the Little Wac conference.

"Little SEC" good luck with that ...who knows maybe the "also ran" Lions can finish 3rd again for the 3rd straight yr. I will be laughing my butt off this season when they dont make the playoffs

Lion70
05-30-2012, 09:26 AM
"Little SEC" good luck with that ...who knows maybe the "also ran" Lions can finish 3rd again for the 3rd straight yr. I will be laughing my butt off this season when they dont make the playoffs

Little sec ok trivia the 3 defending State Champions came from where , and 2009 and 2010 both Championships came from where yes that little SEC district. The district is wide open but anyof the big 4 can win district. We just cant benefit from playing 8th graders in our distict.

Lion70
05-30-2012, 09:27 AM

3rd work out well in 2010 and almost in 2011. Our championship was just as good as yours lol.

bossman1
05-30-2012, 09:42 AM
Little sec ok trivia the 3 defending State Champions came from where , and 2009 and 2010 both Championships came from where yes that little SEC district. The district is wide open but anyof the big 4 can win district. We just cant benefit from playing 8th graders in our distict.

Big 4? Gilmer, Chapel Hill, Kilgore and who is the 4th team Bullard or Spring Hill? Please tell me that you aren't saying Henderson is an elite program..don't underestimate 8th graders...we all saw the beat down that the Dawgs gave Henderson last season with kids who were not to far removed from the 8th grade.

Lion70
05-30-2012, 09:45 AM
Big 4? Gilmer, Chapel Hill, Kilgore and who is the 4th team Bullard or Spring Hill? Please tell me that you aren't saying Henderson is an elite program..don't underestimate 8th graders...we all saw the beat down that the Dawgs gave Henderson last season with kids who were not to far removed from the 8th grade.

You do realize we went 11-3 last year right... How are we not elite.
Google 2010 3a D1 State Champs you might have seen them... and they beat who for state.

buckeyebob
05-31-2012, 05:01 AM
I didn't start this thread to be insulted!

Double Wide is the one that is happy the Dawgs are no longer in 16-3A!

Insulted? In order to be insulted you have to have feelings. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-rolleye-smileys-842.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/skype-emoticons.html) You know you want to wear Orange & Black!

oldtownag
05-31-2012, 02:20 PM
Insulted? In order to be insulted you have to have feelings. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-rolleye-smileys-842.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/skype-emoticons.html) You know you want to wear Orange & Black!

Surratt and the Dawgs would love to play Doublewide and the Buxs. Too bad it could not be worked out. Since we don't play this year, and likely will not meet in the playoffs, I will pull for the Buxs. However, I refuse to wear anything orange! My sip hate runs deep.

waterboy
05-31-2012, 03:00 PM
Surratt and the Dawgs would love to play Doublewide and the Buxs. Too bad it could not be worked out. Since we don't play this year, and likely will not meet in the playoffs, I will pull for the Buxs. However, I refuse to wear anything orange! My sip hate runs deep.
Maybe when the playoffs start, the teams can play on different days so you can whip out the ol' orange and black attire for the playoffs. The rest of the time you can wear your Dawg red.:D

buckeyebob
06-01-2012, 04:50 AM

OMG!!! That is it!!! You are a closet Longhorn too!!!

Lion70
06-01-2012, 05:10 AM
OMG!!! That is it!!! You are a closet Longhorn too!!!

them fighting words lol I personally would find that very insulting if I were him just saying.....

oldtownag
06-01-2012, 08:38 AM
them fighting words lol I personally would find that very insulting if I were him just saying.....

Just confirming. I am very insulted!

P.S. I pull for Henderson when they play Gilmer. My Brother in Law is coach at Henderson.

buckeyebob
06-02-2012, 04:28 AM
Just confirming. I am very insulted!

P.S. I pull for Henderson when they play Gilmer. My Brother in Law is coach at Henderson.

Like we care...the Lions will face us at Lobo Stadium (2nd Home away from Home) on Saturday 10-3-12...you will not be able to stay away & I know what side you will sit on.

Lion70
06-02-2012, 04:33 AM
Like we care...the Lions will face us at Lobo Stadium (2nd Home away from Home) on Saturday 10-3-12...you will not be able to stay away & I know what side you will sit on.

Thw winning side in case you didn't know that would be Henderson lol.

buckeyebob
06-04-2012, 07:07 AM
Thw winning side in case you didn't know that would be Henderson lol.

Starting to sound like the Gladewater fans...shoulda, woulda, gonna beat 'ya...perhaps we should wait & get at least one win on us, then gonna, gonna, gonna.

Lion70
06-04-2012, 08:13 AM
Starting to sound like the Gladewater fans...shoulda, woulda, gonna beat 'ya...perhaps we should wait & get at least one win on us, then gonna, gonna, gonna.

2010 3a D1 State Champions
2011 11-3 one game from State can gladewater say that.

Gilmer 2010 one pt victory
2011 gave that game away with turnovers

oldtownag
06-04-2012, 12:48 PM

Don't let him get to ya Lion70! Buckeyebob only speaks the truth when its to his benefit.

Lion70
06-04-2012, 09:34 PM
Don't let him get to ya Lion70! Buckeyebob only speaks the truth when its to his benefit.

I never let anyone get too me lol but I am not going to act like Hendersin is the new spring hill.

buckeyebob
06-05-2012, 05:50 AM

You are starting to sound like oldtownag...it is not becoming.

Lion70
06-05-2012, 09:29 AM
You are starting to sound like oldtownag...it is not becoming.

Don't post dumb stuff like that were not Spring hill.