PDA

View Full Version : Columbia and Sweeny football transfer

necks88
05-27-2012, 10:34 PM
I was reading on the Columbia vs. Sweeny baseball thread and they were talking about some football kids transfering from Sweeny to Columbia, if so who is it.

Saggy Aggie
05-27-2012, 11:05 PM
Bell and Lemons came over from sweeny that I know. Lemons is a lineman and bell is competing for the starting QB job along with McLean, a Bport transfer.

Could be totally wrong, or partially wrong, or 100% accurate. Just what I heard

Manso/V8
05-28-2012, 01:30 AM
What's going on down in mosquito land? I this just some big coincidence?

maestro
05-28-2012, 11:20 AM
Three years ago Columbia's jh basketball team was basically dismantled because of conflicts with school, coaches, parents, etc.

Many of those columbia athletes went to sweeny.

couldn't this just be a case of those kids returning to columbia?

jmo, anytime athletes can move about so freely due to disagreements, cannot be a good thing.

wonder if this is what is happening?

Necks88Fan
05-28-2012, 04:48 PM
It's really kinda old news but seems to be rekindled. Not sure of why or when the moving started or whether it is the first move or a move back. Seems like i remember one or more of the football or basketball boys from Columbia, moving to sweeny but seems like that happened more like four or five years ago like in their first year of junior high or shortly after. I did hear that there maybe one or more that hasn't completely cleared UIL or Sweeny's acceptance. With towns this close, I really figured there would be more of this than what we have seen. IMO, if the parents or guardian physically moved to the others school district, how can UIL or the school they're leaving dispute it, especially between the school year.

Crow22
05-28-2012, 05:15 PM
It's really kinda old news but seems to be rekindled. Not sure of why or when the moving started or whether it is the first move or a move back. Seems like i remember one or more of the football or basketball boys from Columbia, moving to sweeny but seems like that happened more like four or five years ago like in their first year of junior high or shortly after. I did hear that there maybe one or more that hasn't completely cleared UIL or Sweeny's acceptance. With towns this close, I really figured there would be more of this than what we have seen. IMO, if the parents or guardian physically moved to the others school district, how can UIL or the school they're leaving dispute it, especially between the school year.

If they had moved, yes.....however, and correct me if I'm wrong, they haven't moved into Columbia's district.

FB-fanatic
05-28-2012, 05:24 PM
Home has to be on the market at a competative asking price, or you have to wait 2 years.

Manso/V8
05-28-2012, 05:36 PM
Families and kids switch schools for a lot of different reasons besides sports.

Necks88Fan
05-28-2012, 05:47 PM
Home has to be on the market at a competative asking price, or you have to wait 2 years.

So, what's the rule if you're renting? Or, what if a kids parents are divorced and they move from one parents house to the other? Lot's of scenarios out there.

baseballcoach13
05-29-2012, 09:00 AM
What if the zoning line runs right through your house? And you only have 7 teeth, which would qualify you to go Sweeny, but you also don't wear shoes ever, which would qualify you to go to WC?

Do you then just flip a quarter?

SHSBulldog00
05-29-2012, 09:04 AM
What if the zoning line runs right through your house? And you only have 7 teeth, which would qualify you to go Sweeny, but you also don't wear shoes ever, which would qualify you to go to WC?

If you have one :D

Necks88Fan
05-29-2012, 07:49 PM

HaHa, dat funny.