05-24-2012, 10:41 AM
Possible school's

Abilene Christian
Incarnate Word
University of New Orleans

http://www.southland.org/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205430477&DB_OEM_ID=18400

Matthew328
05-24-2012, 11:17 AM
how big is UIW's football stadium?? They'd have to upgrade it some right?

Shotwell seems big enough for ACU...I'd think those two would be most attractive since they have football programs..surprised West Texas A&M didn't get a look..

upper20
05-24-2012, 11:37 AM

Shotwell seems big enough for ACU...I'd think those two would be most attractive since they have football programs..surprised West Texas A&M didn't get a look..

I know ACU has been rounding-up support (it is a pretty significant financial commitment to move up) and pursuing an invitation to move to D-1 -- has WTAM been doing the same? If so, I am surprised as well

LH Panther Mom
05-25-2012, 04:54 PM

I think it seats around 6k, but I'm not positive on the exact number. The D2 site says 3k, but I'm positive that's the number from the first season when there was only a home side. There's room to upgrade & that is definitely the plan. There are also talks about the possibility of playing at either Alamo Stadium or maybe sharing the Alamodome with UTSA, until upgrades are done.

I know that both schools decided that this was a move that they wanted to make and I believe they both approached SLC about the possibility of joining. That's why WTAMU didn't get a look - it wasn't their plan to move up. (At least that's the scuttlebutt...)

westcoast54
05-26-2012, 11:07 AM
How about Midwestern State?

Eagle1
05-27-2012, 04:19 PM
Would like to see ACU added, and maybe Angelo, WT a&m, or Midwestern I could see any of those bringing decent crowds because they are in good size towns. Actually any of these could bring bigger crowds than most current Southland schools and they all have their own local TV station that would cover them.