PDA

View Full Version : Stephenville people

orange machine
05-23-2012, 01:27 PM
Why dont yall build your own football stadium?

Pendragon13
05-23-2012, 01:39 PM
The crickets wouldn't like having to pack up and move..

Looking4number8
05-23-2012, 01:53 PM
And it would cut into their recruiting budget... Look what happened to Wylie the last two years since they forked out some their recruiting cash for a stadium remodel!

Matthew328
05-23-2012, 01:55 PM
This thread will be fun!

Sville
05-23-2012, 01:59 PM
Why dont yall build your own football stadium?

That's a good question. Basically b/c the majority would rather mooch off of TSU than build our own. The only way we will ever get a stadium owned by SISD is if Tarleton says you can't use ours anymore. Which I doubt happens in the foreseeable future since SISD pays TSU $88,000 a year to use theirs.

theville
05-23-2012, 02:21 PM
The only thing we actually own is our baseball field and our aging basketball gym and our early 90's green room.

Guess we don't have the funds to anything big like a stadium (Mineral Wells) maybe a state of the art gym? (Glen Rose, Dublin, heck even De Leon)

Will never happen here. People still believe that what they had back in the 70's 80's is still good for today.

Come by and look at our green room, we have plaster falling and ripping of the ceiling.......

Old Tiger
05-23-2012, 02:29 PM
Not enough room in the cow pastures

Gone Fishing
05-23-2012, 03:41 PM
That's a good question. Basically b/c the majority would rather mooch off of TSU than build our own. The only way we will ever get a stadium owned by SISD is if Tarleton says you can't use ours anymore. Which I doubt happens in the foreseeable future since SISD pays TSU $88,000 a year to use theirs.

Thats pocket change.

Old Tiger
05-23-2012, 03:43 PM
88 grand a year?

Is that a lot? Would it be better to build own stadium?

SHSBulldog00
05-23-2012, 03:54 PM
The Yellowjacket's get more fans for home games than TSU does

Manso/V8
05-23-2012, 04:07 PM

Welcome to the world of Div II football.

orange machine
05-23-2012, 04:44 PM
88,000 a year sounds like a lot until you do the math of how long it would take to pay for say a 25,000,000 stadium at 88,000 a year.

orange machine
05-23-2012, 04:47 PM
I would still rather have my own stadium.

Manso/V8
05-23-2012, 05:03 PM
There are three football teams in Texas that play in a domed stadium. The Houston Texans, the Dallas Cowboys, and the UTSA Roadrunners.

Sure some of the hs playoff games are played in those stadiums.

The idea of building a domed stadium just for high school teams to play is redonkulus.....but then again, for some, living vicariously through high school students is more and more common so it seems......so despite being redonkulus, it wouldn't surprise me if it happened at some point in the future....probably up around Dallas.

Old Tiger
05-23-2012, 05:58 PM
Why does a new stadium have to be expensive I I'magine you can build a good stadium for about 10 million

orange machine
05-23-2012, 07:38 PM
Why does a new stadium have to be expensive I I'magine you can build a good stadium for about 10 million
It can be done, but your gonna get the basics and the stadium won't seat much.

Sville
05-23-2012, 07:47 PM
Mineral Wells has a nice one that sits about 7k and cost around 13mil. I would love to have something like that here in the Ville.

Matthew328
05-23-2012, 08:08 PM
Mineral Wells has a nice one that sits about 7k and cost around 13mil. I would love to have something like that here in the Ville.

Mineral Wells' place is outstanding...they got a bargain at 13mil

orange machine
05-23-2012, 08:23 PM
Mineral Wells' place is outstanding...they got a bargain at 13mil
That's no lie. Or you could spend 59 million and have a stadium made out of concrete that will last 100 years.

Gone Fishing
05-23-2012, 08:32 PM

Welcome to the world of Div II football.

Only because The visiting team in DII doesnt have fans that travel like High school fans do. I've been to TSU games and there is a lot of fans / Students / and POO (lol)at all their games, just nobody on the other side. I would think the visiting High Schools would pack to the top of Memorial Stadium, so they get that one chance a year to see greatness in person!!! Lol

jason
05-24-2012, 08:15 AM
don't need it...
the fees they pay to use it, and not have to maintain it, make it worth their while to not have their own...

Matthew328
05-24-2012, 08:18 AM
I've heard talk of renovating Memorial Stadium and eventually making the visitor side the home side..which should happen...press box facing the sun sucks!! LOL

jason
05-24-2012, 08:25 AM
I've heard talk of renovating Memorial Stadium and eventually making the visitor side the home side..which should happen...press box facing the sun sucks!! LOL
it's not in any (near) future tarleton plans...

Manso/V8
05-24-2012, 08:29 AM

Sounds like they need to install a press box awning.

Emerson1
05-24-2012, 08:48 AM
Eh. Forney's stadium is pretty bare and it cost 13 million back in 2002 and only seated like 8,000 and had grass at the time it was built.

Sville
05-24-2012, 09:02 AM
don't need it...
the fees they pay to use it, and not have to maintain it, make it worth their while to not have their own...

True plus Sville just shows up and plays, TSU takes care of all security and clean up. I would be interested to know what it actually cost per game for TSU to host a Sville football game. Security, stadium workers, electricity, and anything else. I would also like to know what are the 'stadium' budgets of other places similar to Sville such as Bwood. I wonder what it cost to run Gordon Wood Stadium for one year and if the game ticket sales and playoff revenue pay for it?

RoyceTTU
05-24-2012, 09:21 AM
True plus Sville just shows up and plays, TSU takes care of all security and clean up. I would be interested to know what it actually cost per game for TSU to host a Sville football game. Security, stadium workers, electricity, and anything else. I would also like to know what are the 'stadium' budgets of other places similar to Sville such as Bwood. I wonder what it cost to run Gordon Wood Stadium for one year and if the game ticket sales and playoff revenue pay for it?

I'd also like to know what Howard Payne pays BISD for use of GW. The flip-side to Stephenville scenario

LionKing
05-24-2012, 09:37 AM
I'd also like to know what Howard Payne pays BISD for use of GW. The flip-side to Stephenville scenarioHPU did donate some money in the 1970's when the stadium was built, However I do know all maintenance is done by B.I.S.D. (HPU students may clean stands after their games, and I believe they do some stadium parking for high school games), and that all renovations were done by monies from Brownwood exes, that's why no HPU logos on the stadium, turf, field house, or replay screen.

Sville
05-24-2012, 02:58 PM
it's not in any (near) future tarleton plans...

The master plan looks good if they ever get to it. I saw the original renditions of TSU Memorial and it was suppose to have a berm in a horseshoe around the field with seating. But they ran out of money and only did the berm on the east side.

Matthew328
05-24-2012, 03:18 PM
Speaking of Stephenville QB Tyler Jones got his first offer today from Texas State