PDA

View Full Version : Next Month

Phil C
05-20-2012, 08:58 PM
We get an unusual treat this year as the 2012 Tour De France (TDF) starts on June 30th! It is very rare that it starts in June. This year it goes clockwise through France and we are in for some great scenery and historical lessons as well as the usual great race which should be a thriller. By the time it starts HS baseball and softball will be over as well as the NBA championships so this helps us get over the long July month until football starts.

But wait! We get an extra treat as the Summer Olympics start on August 8 (I think) which gives us more interest. A lot of great performances as the athletes will no doubt be performing well. Also we will be on the edge of our seats as the great swimmer Michael Phelps goes for a record setting medal winnings. He is three shy from it.

Excitement indeed coming!

Gsquared
05-21-2012, 07:56 AM
I could finish in the top 10 with training wheels on my bike.

defense51
05-21-2012, 08:22 AM
I could finish in the top 10 with training wheels on my bike.
But only with training wheels on your bike, and would it be on your Radio Flyer or Huffy?

Gsquared
05-21-2012, 08:29 AM
But only with training wheels on your bike, and would it be on your Radio Flyer or Huffy?
Huffy, with a big yellow flag on the back

Ville-D
05-21-2012, 08:34 AM

Mag wheels?

Gsquared
05-21-2012, 08:39 AM
Mag wheels?
Baseball card in the spokes

defense51
05-21-2012, 08:43 AM
Going old school with a little American arrogance using the big yellow flag. If I were wealthy I would definitely be one of your sponsors!

ctown81
05-21-2012, 09:10 AM
We get an unusual treat this year as the 2012 Tour De France (TDF) starts on June 30th! It is very rare that it starts in June. This year it goes clockwise through France and we are in for some great scenery and historical lessons as well as the usual great race which should be a thriller. By the time it starts HS baseball and softball will be over as well as the NBA championships so this helps us get over the long July month until football starts.

But wait! We get an extra treat as the Summer Olympics start on August 8 (I think) which gives us more interest. A lot of great performances as the athletes will no doubt be performing well. Also we will be on the edge of our seats as the great swimmer Michael Phelps goes for a record setting medal winnings. He is three shy from it.

Excitement indeed coming!

I think i'm a little more excited about the annual steroid test than the actual race. Anyone want to wager on if the eventual winner is on PEDs?

Phil C
05-21-2012, 09:21 AM
I'm hoping this year that there will be no drug scandals. I also hope crashes are at a minimum with minimum injuries but unfortunately such things happen in this type of race.

Also the great Alberto Contador won't be racing due to what many feel is a miscarriage of justice.

Gsquared
05-21-2012, 09:26 AM
I'm hoping this year that there will be no drug scandals. I also hope crashes are at a minimum with minimum injuries but unfortunately such things happen in this type of race.

Also the great Alberto Contador won't be racing due to what many feel is a miscarriage of justice.

I dont know why they even need to test. I mean, if you see a guy get off his bike in the mountain stages, put it on his back and run up the mountain with it, hes on roids.

ctown81
05-21-2012, 09:44 AM

I was just joking with that comment. I hope the same also. I can't even ride my bike up a hill without feeling winded. It amazes me everytime to see anyone finish let alone win this race.

Bullaholic
05-21-2012, 10:09 AM
I'd rather watch a scoreless soccer game than the Tour de France....

The Olympics do have some great moments worth watching, but I hate to watch any judged event.

defense51
05-21-2012, 08:01 PM
I like to watch olympic gymnastics because I think those men and women (girls) are super athletes, some of the things they can do physically is amazing. And I always like the track and field events.