PDA

View Full Version : Yoakum vs. Sweeny (best of 3 @ Sealy)

YTBulldogs
05-20-2012, 09:19 AM
All games played @ Sealy

Game 1: Thursday 8PM (might change start time)
Game 2: Saturday 3PM

YTBulldogs
05-20-2012, 09:20 AM
Best of luck to the Bulldogs. Yoakum ones.:)

yellaseeker
05-20-2012, 10:19 AM
I'm with D29 on this one. I'm curious to see if Yoakum can stop the long ball game Sweeny has been able to continue all year. Unless Yoakum's #1 & #2 are two of the best in state, I'd say they need to start Monday's practice with learning how to play the ball off the wall and maybe scaling it as well.

SHSBulldog00
05-20-2012, 11:43 AM
I'm with D29 on this one. I'm curious to see if Yoakum can stop the long ball game Sweeny has been able to continue all year. Unless Yoakum's #1 & #2 are two of the best in state, I'd say they need to start Monday's practice with learning how to play the ball off the wall and maybe scaling it as well.

Sweeny had about 5 extra base hits in Game 2 vs. Needville. Sweeny had 3 HR's in the two game series to up their season count to 36. But we are not all about the longball as we showed we can play small ball in both games, play strong defense and pitching was dominant 23 K's 9 Hits 3 Runs

I will be in Sealy for this series as well.

YTBulldogs
05-20-2012, 12:02 PM

Yeah your right yellaseeker. I hope we can contain that potent powerful Sweeny offense to maybe 8+ homers a game? Gonna be tough. But, I have that Blue Faith and see this Yoakum club bond and gel at the right time of the year. Then we come in with our small ball operation, stress fundamental's and just be pesky with a rentless attitude till the end. Trust me, Yoakum knows Sweeny is the favoriate, and rightfully so. But, we will be prepared by a great coaching staff that don't miss anything to try to garner a edge that we know we will need to win the series. Good luck Sweeny and it's a honor to play ya'll this round.

Saggy Aggie
05-20-2012, 12:21 PM
Sealy isn't too far. I'd like to see these games maybe. Ought to be pretty good

YTBulldogs
05-21-2012, 01:11 PM
Hope to meet ya there SA? Missed you last year at the Devine/Wharton football playoff. I was there, just went to wrong meeting location.:(

YTBulldogs
05-21-2012, 02:42 PM
Was hoping for a Victoria Riverside site for this series, but--it was booked. So, Sealy was agreed upon and looking at the stadium, it seems like nice confines as well.

http://3abaseball.com/3A_Baseball_Fields_3.html

SHSBulldog00
05-21-2012, 03:52 PM
Was hoping for a Victoria Riverside site for this series, but--it was booked. So, Sealy was agreed upon and looking at the stadium, it seems like nice confines as well.

http://3abaseball.com/3A_Baseball_Fields_3.html

We played Caldwell there in a warmup game. Can't wait to get there Thursday night.

YTBulldogs
05-21-2012, 06:00 PM
We played Caldwell there in a warmup game. Can't wait to get there Thursday night.

Same here SHS. Should be a very competitive series. Let's make sure we meet one another too. Check your PM basket bud.

YTBulldogs
05-22-2012, 12:37 PM
These Sweeny bombers have to have the most homers in all HS levels? I heard 30 something. Is that is right? If so, man---your the beast for sure. Very impressive guys, and congrats.

SHSBulldog00
05-22-2012, 01:07 PM
These Sweeny bombers have to have the most homers in all HS levels? I heard 30 something. Is that is right? If so, man---your the beast for sure. Very impressive guys, and congrats.

After the Needville series it is 36 (I believe). 1-9 can hit one out at anytime, but we also take pride in our pitching and defense. Very solid ballclub much like Yoakum. Sweeny has been taking it one game at a time all year and we don't see any reason to stop thinking the same. I am actually excited to see this series as I have followed Yoakum closely during the year thinking we may see each other.

YTBulldogs
05-22-2012, 01:15 PM
After the Needville series it is 36 (I believe). 1-9 can hit one out at anytime, but we also take pride in our pitching and defense. Very solid ballclub much like Yoakum. Sweeny has been taking it one game at a time all year and we don't see any reason to stop thinking the same. I am actually excited to see this series as I have followed Yoakum closely during the year thinking we may see each other.

Damn SHS. When a heard 30+ team dingers, I thought someone was miss speaking. VERY IMPRESSIVE, and you have faced some solid hurlers along the way. I think we have a few that can short hop the fence, most can get it there on the roll. :) We are respectful of Sweeny and excited to be here in the same place as ya'll. Look forward to this tough challenge for sure.

YTBulldogs
05-22-2012, 01:19 PM
And in regards to your pitching. We are aware we have not faced anyone as talented then Sweeny from the bump. Awesome club and you should so proud of your Sweeny Bulldogs.

SHSBulldog00
05-22-2012, 01:28 PM
And in regards to your pitching. We are aware we have not faced anyone as talented then Sweeny from the bump. Awesome club and you should so proud of your Sweeny Bulldogs.

Yes we are proud of our baseball team; they ran into a tough Robstown team last year and we feel like we have some unfinished business. One thing is for sure we will have Bulldog's playing for the Region Championship.

You have a very solid ballclub as well with great underclassmen, Blakeney, Ratley and McCracken just to name a few. I'm sure Yoakum is just as proud of your team as we are of our Dog's. The future looks bright for both communities.

YTBulldogs
05-22-2012, 05:38 PM
Never had the pleasure to attend a game at Sealy Tiger Stadium for baseball. What's the stands like there? Though, I very seldom sit. My family does though. :)

Who is home game 1?

yellaseeker
05-22-2012, 06:41 PM
[QUOTE=YTBulldogs;1676063]Never had the pleasure to attend a game at Sealy Tiger Stadium for baseball. What's the stands like there? Though, I very seldom sit.

Don't expect any wow factor when ya get there. It's no dump, but hardly a good venue for a playoff game. And from what i remember, if either teams have any kind of turnout, you'll more than likely be standing.

Scoop27
05-22-2012, 07:52 PM
Haven't been there in over 10 years when I saw Wharton there in a playoff game. Doubt the stands will be big enough for the fans. Concessions are great

YTBulldogs
05-23-2012, 06:12 AM
Haven't been there in over 10 years when I saw Wharton there in a playoff game. Doubt the stands will be big enough for the fans. Concessions are great

Thanks Scoop. Numerous of our fan's bring them nice relaxing lawn chairs with umbrella's anyways. So, if the stands are limited, they'll be fine.

YTBulldogs
05-23-2012, 06:13 AM
Any suggestions for a nice pre-game meal in Sealy? I heard a place called Tony's I believe. Dunno.

Victory10
05-23-2012, 01:38 PM
This series will go down to coaching and I will take my friend Bobby Nic!!!!!

hookandladder
05-23-2012, 03:18 PM
Thanks Scoop. Numerous of our fan's bring them nice relaxing lawn chairs with umbrella's anyways. So, if the stands are limited, they'll be fine.

You will not be impressed with the choice of this field, we played Sweeny in the first round there a couple years ago and just you average field nothing great. Just curious who picked the site, there are much better places to play that are more fan friendly and better playing surface then there. Just not very impressive place to play in the 4th round, man them kids deserve better. Maybe it's a money thing.

SHSBulldog00
05-23-2012, 03:36 PM
You will not be impressed with the choice of this field, we played Sweeny in the first round there a couple years ago and just you average field nothing great. Just curious who picked the site, there are much better places to play that are more fan friendly and better playing surface then there. Just not very impressive place to play in the 4th round, man them kids deserve better. Maybe it's a money thing.

Sealy was a bit of a surprise to me as well....was thinking more El Campo but it must not of been available.

YTBulldogs
05-23-2012, 05:12 PM

H&L, not sure how the selection went down. I do know both wanted Victoria first, but--it is hosting some other event. Not sure how Sealy was picked. Just glad we are going.:)

Best of luck to your son and his fellow LaGrange players H&L. I picked ya'll early in season to make it and still think you have the best "club" and solid rotation. Good luck my friend.

hookandladder
05-24-2012, 06:39 AM
H&L, not sure how the selection went down. I do know both wanted Victoria first, but--it is hosting some other event. Not sure how Sealy was picked. Just glad we are going.:)

Best of luck to your son and his fellow LaGrange players H&L. I picked ya'll early in season to make it and still think you have the best "club" and solid rotation. Good luck my friend.

Good Luck to you guys as well, If you can take down Sweeny then Austin could be your last stop.

YTBulldogs
05-24-2012, 09:01 AM
Go get'em Yoakum Bulldogs. #20 MG is with you guys. So, let's get MG his wish, a trip to Austin!!!!!!!!!! Great article in Yoakum Herald-Times today in regards to this. Starts tonight, and one game at a time.

SHSBulldog00
05-24-2012, 09:10 AM
Good Luck to both teams, umpires and fans on what should be a great series. Safe travel's to all

areacode337
05-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Hunter is confident in his ability to get the job done this weekend and feels he is pitching well coming into the series.

"When I throw hard and throw to spots with the movement I have on my fastball and on everything, it's pretty much untouchable," Hunter said.

Lucky2Coach
05-24-2012, 10:52 AM
Hunter is confident in his ability to get the job done this weekend and feels he is pitching well coming into the series.

"When I throw hard and throw to spots with the movement I have on my fastball and on everything, it's pretty much untouchable," Hunter said.

Wow. Bold statement, we'll see!

areacode337
05-24-2012, 11:23 AM
Don't know how anyone can say they are not impressed with Sealy Ballpark....Yoakum wanted Sweeny in a big ball park and this was about the biggest and nicest between Sweeny and Yoakum. Coach Montier and staff take great pride in keeping field looking good. The playing surface will be great, the stands and seating capacity will or may fall short being a regional semi final but bring chairs and have fun...concession stand will be great...

44INAROW
05-24-2012, 11:33 AM

I have a comment, but I am going to keep it to myself...........

YTBulldogs
05-24-2012, 01:44 PM
I have a comment, but I am going to keep it to myself...........

I'll say it for ya 44. Cuero touch him. Often. I think he is like 0-6 against our feathered friends from Cuero. He dern sure is hitting his spots and sitting up hitters in the playoffs. Just as Sweeny pitchers are. Will be a great series and the best team will move on. Best of luck to both fine schools.

And, when a 15,16, 17 year old makes comments to a newspaper, remember it's a kid coming off one of his best games of his young career and he should be confident. I'm sure he's on cloud 9,. Heck, I am too watching that performance.

YTBulldogs
05-24-2012, 01:46 PM
Ya'll from Sealy area, is a place called Tony's a good place to eat?

44INAROW
05-24-2012, 01:53 PM
Ya'll from Sealy area, is a place called Tony's a good place to eat?

I haven't been to Tony's in a while but the last time we ate there it was GREAT - I think they have really good pies too.. or you could stop a few miles before in Colubus and eat at Schoebels - best food around in my opinion!

YTBulldogs
05-24-2012, 02:30 PM
I haven't been to Tony's in a while but the last time we ate there it was GREAT - I think they have really good pies too.. or you could stop a few miles before in Colubus and eat at Schoebels - best food around in my opinion!

Ty 44. We will decide enroute. Both sound good to me. Not Don Bravos' (my favorite place) but--it will do. :)

YTBulldogs
05-24-2012, 02:39 PM
Yoakum wanted Sweeny in a big ball park and this was about the biggest and nicest between Sweeny and Yoakum.

Right on, maybe some of them bombs will end up being "can of corn" deep outs instead of dingers? Not sure of Sweeny stadium length, but--heard it's a pretty hitter friendly park. What is Sweeny's configurations? Yoakum has the deepest CF I've seen anywhere. 450 to center, 320 down the lines.

hookandladder
05-24-2012, 02:50 PM
The size of a baseball field will make some difference however when you hit 30+ HR's in a high school season with the new bats, you are doing something special. The only thing that can stop them from going out is good solid pitching, Yoakum may be able to slow down Sweeny's hitting with Hunter but after him they will need some other pitchers to step up big time. It is time to quit wondering how they have hit that many bombs and start trying to figuire out how to stop them, they are legit bombs weather they are playing on a small field or with the wind blowing out. When both teams step on any given field , both teams are batting in the same direction.

YTBulldogs
05-24-2012, 02:58 PM
I agree H&L. 36 dingers in a year is IMPRESSIVE and have said so many times. Regardless where you hit them. And yes, one way to help prevent them is work ahead of the hitter and not throw a 2-0, 3-0 ball down the middle. A free pass to a couple of these sluggers might be in order, instead of throwing a ball down the middle when you are 2-0, 3-0 on them. Appears we might have a nice breeze blowing out too, so---both pitchers better make solid pitches.

hookandladder
05-24-2012, 03:23 PM
I agree H&L. 36 dingers in a year is IMPRESSIVE and have said so many times. Regardless where you hit them. And yes, one way to help prevent them is work ahead of the hitter and not throw a 2-0, 3-0 ball down the middle. A free pass to a couple of these sluggers might be in order, instead of throwing a ball down the middle when you are 2-0, 3-0 on them. Appears we might have a nice breeze blowing out too, so---both pitchers better make solid pitches.

Yes wind is blowing 20 to 25 out of South to Southeast right now, come game time it will slow down to around 20. It will be a launching pad if you get a little wood on it, the ball carries well at that park.

Scoop27
05-24-2012, 03:40 PM
We eat at Tony's after almost every Sunday after church in East Bernard- Their Turkey and Dressing is fantastic. Real fried chicken too Gizzards as well. Their pies are great as well as their strawberry cake. Their fried squash is also good

YTBulldogs
05-24-2012, 03:43 PM
Yes wind is blowing 20 to 25 out of South to Southeast right now, come game time it will slow down to around 20. It will be a launching pad if you get a little wood on it, the ball carries well at that park.

Be honest, I see a high scoring game tonight. Something like 9-7, 10-8. Just a gut feeling.

Snotbubbles
05-24-2012, 04:05 PM
Did southpaw head football coach Brent Kornegay, throw BP to get Yoakum prepared for Sweeny's crafty lefty? Is Yoakum head baseball coach the one at Pleasanton a few years back?

Scoop27
05-24-2012, 07:44 PM
Just got back from eating at Tony's Sealy-A lot of Yoakum and Sweeny fans and place was packed

zebrablue2
05-24-2012, 08:20 PM
Just got back from eating at Tony's Sealy-A lot of Yoakum and Sweeny fans and place was packed

Best catfish and C/F steak in Texas.

regaleagle
05-24-2012, 09:30 PM
You don't hafta dangle it in my nostrils. Talking about it was enough to make me feel jealous, lol.

Saggy Aggie
05-24-2012, 09:32 PM
score?

Roughneck93
05-24-2012, 09:46 PM
score?

Sweeny up 12-1.
5th inning

Sweeny's Simpson has TWO 3-run HRs, double, 8 RBIs.

Saggy Aggie
05-24-2012, 09:47 PM
Sweeny up 12-1.
5th inning

Sweeny's Simpson has TWO 3-run HRs, double, 8 RBIs.:1omg!:

Lucky2Coach
05-24-2012, 09:49 PM
Sweeny is up 13-1 in the bottom of the 5th. Corey Simpson has 2 HRs and a double, 8 RBIs. He is the best hitter in the state. Sweeny's 9 hole hit a base clearing triple. Kaylor Chafin has 13 k's in 5 innings (dropped 3rd strike).

Roughneck93
05-24-2012, 10:01 PM
Sweeny leads 15-1 now.

Roughneck93
05-24-2012, 10:06 PM
Sweeny leads 15-1 now.

15-1 final.

Los Owls
05-24-2012, 10:50 PM
15-1 final.
WHAT the ?????????

Saggy Aggie
05-24-2012, 10:57 PM
WHAT the ????????? sweeny is pretty good lol

LadyCard3
05-24-2012, 11:01 PM
Bigger ballpark or not it didn't stop Simpson. Sealy was a great field to play at, regardless the field doesn't chamge the outcome. Sweeny came out with fire in their eyes and I hope they keep it up through Saturday.
Go dogs!

LadyCard3
05-24-2012, 11:06 PM
Couldn't agree with you more! Sealy is a very friendly place and coach Montier and his staff had this field in tip-top shape!

YTBulldogs
05-24-2012, 11:37 PM
Very impressed with the Sweeny club. Out the gate, they take their hacks and make great contact and kicked our tail. Best team I seen this year on this day. #21 will be playing on TV someday. Powerful and makes it look easy. Lefty was Glavine like and totally had us off stride. Very good pitcher. Well coached, total package tonight.

For Yoakum, we have a heartbeat still. Take this whooping, tip your cap to a well deserved Sweeny team and prepare for a double header Saturday. Fight and have determination like #20 in Austin.

Ron (SHS) pleasure meeting you. You have a team to be very proud of. I was amazed when you told me not a single baseball player plays football. Bet the head football coach would love to use several of these hulks on the grid-iron on Friday nights.

See ya Saturday.

Lucky2Coach
05-25-2012, 05:47 AM
Very impressed with the Sweeny club. Out the gate, they take their hacks and make great contact and kicked our tail. Best team I seen this year on this day. #21 will be playing on TV someday. Powerful and makes it look easy. Lefty was Glavine like and totally had us off stride. Very good pitcher. Well coached, total package tonight.

For Yoakum, we have a heartbeat still. Take this whooping, tip your cap to a well deserved Sweeny team and prepare for a double header Saturday. Fight and have determination like #20 in Austin.

Ron (SHS) pleasure meeting you. You have a team to be very proud of. I was amazed when you told me not a single baseball player plays football. Bet the head football coach would love to use several of these hulks on the grid-iron on Friday nights.

See ya Saturday.

Many of the baseball players don't play football, but the SS and second baseman are both starters and big contributors on the football team. Almost all the underclassmen play both football and baseball.

SHSBulldog00
05-25-2012, 08:15 AM
Many of the baseball players don't play football, but the SS and second baseman are both starters and big contributors on the football team. Almost all the underclassmen play both football and baseball.

You are right , I did forget that.

It was a strong performance by Chafin and the Sweeny bats were hot from the start. Simpson had to have the best night ever. I hope we continue to stay focused and finish the series at 3pm Saturday.

YTBulldogs
05-25-2012, 08:44 AM
You are right , I did forget that.

SHS, when you told me that, I was like what---"no baseball players play football"?:) I think I asked ya twice. LOL. When I seen those athletes take the field and belt the ball, I found it hard to believe them kid's just play baseball at a 3A school.

Truth be known, I'd be surprised if there wasn't an All District football player in that bunch.

Yes Chafin was "Glavine-like" as we heard. Hit his spots, set the hitters up and had us guessing. Things usually go bad when you start guessing. He cruised with ease all night.

I assure you, Yoakum will come to play two on Saturday. We are battle tested, and will fight on. Major task for sure, but--our leaders are not ready to call it the season yet. On a mission from day 1. All credit for game one to the Sweeny Bulldogs. Took us to the wood-shed. Total butt kicking put on us. But, that's spilled milk and time to refocus and take care of business, one game at a time. Saturday will be another long day boy's. Been there and done that.

Go Yoakum. DOGBALL!!!!!!!

SHSBulldog00
05-25-2012, 08:55 AM
SHS, when you told me that, I was like what---"no baseball players play football"?:) I think I asked ya twice. LOL. When I seen those athletes take the field and belt the ball, I found it hard to believe them kid's just play baseball at a 3A school.

Truth be known, I'd be surprised if there wasn't an All District football player in that bunch.

Yes Chafin was "Glavine-like" as we heard. Hit his spots, set the hitters up and had us guessing. Things usually go bad when you start guessing. He cruised with ease all night.

I assure you, Yoakum will come to play two on Saturday. We are battle tested, and will fight on. Major task for sure, but--our leaders are not ready to call it the season yet. On a mission from day 1. All credit for game one to the Sweeny Bulldogs. Took us to the wood-shed. Total butt kicking put on us. But, that's spilled milk and time to refocus and take care of business, one game at a time. Saturday will be another long day boy's. Been there and done that.

Go Yoakum. DOGBALL!!!!!!!

SS is our Kicker and 2nd is a LB. I still think this could go 3 unless we have another start like last night. Our boy's are on a mission one game at a time, different day different set of circumstances. There are still a few things I'm sure Coach Carter will remedy with his team before Saturday.

Only Worry About What YOU Can Control

pirate4state
05-25-2012, 09:16 AM
Impressive!

baseballcoach13
05-25-2012, 09:57 AM
There are still a few things I'm sure Coach Carter will remedy with his team before Saturday.

:vrycnfsd::1omg!:

Are you kidding me???? WTH can you "remedy" from winning by 14 and striking out by 14???? IN A FREAKING REGIONAL SEMIFINAL GAME.... OH HECK...they did give up a run....FIRE CARTER!!!!

I am flabbergasted. Serious business. Please let us know what there is to be fixed?

Did the bus driver not use the turn signal when changing lanes?

Did the burgers the team got after not have mustard and pickles?

Oh wait, I got it...someone didn't spell something right on one of the signs held up in the student section....that HAS to be it.

SHSBulldog00
05-25-2012, 10:10 AM

Are you kidding me???? WTH can you "remedy" from winning by 14 and striking out by 14???? IN A FREAKING REGIONAL SEMIFINAL GAME.... OH HECK...they did give up a run....FIRE CARTER!!!!

I am flabbergasted. Serious business. Please let us know what there is to be fixed?

Oh wait, I got it...someone didn't spell something right on one of the signs held up in the student section....that HAS to be it.

Had a couple runners get thrown out at 2nd on hit and runs that we didn't properly execute.

YTBulldogs
05-25-2012, 10:28 AM
Coach Carter will remedy with his team before Saturday.

I sure hope he tinkers with something. :helpme:

baseballcoach13
05-25-2012, 10:34 AM
Had a couple runners get thrown out at 2nd on hit and runs that we didn't properly execute.

1st. Are you sure they were hit and run? Did Carter tell you that? Or did you pick up his signs?
2nd. Not sure you can remedy fixing a hit and run. It is a gamble, too many variables to 'remedy' that if it even was a hit and run. Maybe it was a run and hit. Or maybe straight steal and hitter chased a bad pitch.
3rd. Give me a break. If it was a football game and they win by a relative margin would you say that the O-line could 'remedy' a few things....like the guard missed a block on the play where they gained 17?

YTBulldogs
05-25-2012, 10:37 AM
Impressive!

They were pirate4state. Yoakum better stick the ball, cause Sweeny will. I see a couple more high scoring games Saturday. And, I know we'll see Chafin again before it's over too.

pirate4state
05-25-2012, 11:29 AM

how do you strike out by 14? :confused: :D :D :D :D

and I happen to like pickles & mustard on my burgers!

baseballcoach13
05-25-2012, 11:43 AM
how do you strike out by 14? :confused: :D :D :D :D

and I happen to like pickles & mustard on my burgers!

Dang...maybe it's my grammar and punctuation that needs the remedy! YOU KNOW WHAT I MEANT!!!!

pirate4state
05-25-2012, 11:48 AM
dang...maybe it's my grammar and punctuation that needs the remedy! You know what i meant!!!!

hahaha :D

SHSBulldog00
05-25-2012, 12:01 PM
Day Game Saturday could mean increased wind and sun. 90 degrees plus, be sure to take sunscreen and umbrella's as there is no shade at the field in Sealy.

neck_06
05-25-2012, 12:01 PM
I guess homeboy-from-Yoakum's fastball is "touchable" after all.. Shocker.

Crow22
05-25-2012, 01:11 PM
Yep...gotta fix all those things that are wrong. Can't be getting thrown out at 2nd base after a failed hit and run vs a good ballclub like Yoakum. Those 15-1 wins are not acceptable.

Jesus....

I live in Sweeny and my stepson plays on the select team there so I can tell you first hand, its a baseball cult.

hookandladder
05-25-2012, 01:29 PM
SS is our Kicker and 2nd is a LB. I still think this could go 3 unless we have another start like last night. Our boy's are on a mission one game at a time, different day different set of circumstances. There are still a few things I'm sure Coach Carter will remedy with his team before Saturday.

If you think this series could still go 3 games , then you have a very slim chance of winning a State championship if you get to Austin. I definitely feel you will make it to Austin and I also think you will end Yoakum's season in game 2. The only thing Coach Carter will need to remedy is getting his No. 3 starter some pitching time tomorrow, I was not at the game however from what is beening said on this thread is that Sweeny totally dominated this game and the score proves that. If Yoakum had not thrown their Ace then maybe there would be slim hope, just do not see anything changing tomorrow.

SHSBulldog00
05-25-2012, 02:17 PM
If you think this series could still go 3 games , then you have a very slim chance of winning a State championship if you get to Austin. I definitely feel you will make it to Austin and I also think you will end Yoakum's season in game 2. The only thing Coach Carter will need to remedy is getting his No. 3 starter some pitching time tomorrow, I was not at the game however from what is beening said on this thread is that Sweeny totally dominated this game and the score proves that. If Yoakum had not thrown their Ace then maybe there would be slim hope, just do not see anything changing tomorrow.

You are correct but I don't want our players to start looking at next week just yet. Keep the one game at a time mentality going. After seeing last night, it should and probably will end in two.

We did an excellent job of hitting Hunters FB early and adjusting quickly to the curve. As the game went on he started to lose control and it was either short or high. I was told Yoakum hits the FB well so we will see how they attack our pitching after playing us Thursday night.

YTBulldogs
05-25-2012, 03:44 PM
You are correct but I don't want our players to start looking at next week just yet. Keep the one game at a time mentality going. After seeing last night, it should and probably will end in two.

We did an excellent job of hitting Hunters FB early and adjusting quickly to the curve. As the game went on he started to lose control and it was either short or high. I was told Yoakum hits the FB well so we will see how they attack our pitching after playing us Thursday night.

Lefties kill us. Thus, why I think we'll see Chafin before all is said and done tomorrow.

yellaseeker
05-25-2012, 03:51 PM
I guess homeboy-from-Yoakum's fastball is "touchable" after all.. Shocker.

Yeah, no doubt. One thing holds true, there was a lot of movement on that fastball but, most of the movement seem to be towards the fence. I'll ask one question, is there anyone else out there that has any doubts about depth of fields or quality of pitchers they've faced that has been a major contributor to sweeny's long ball game, I should hope not. I predict the next one to be a disaster as well.

YTBulldogs
05-25-2012, 08:06 PM
I predict the next one to be a disaster as well.

Never know. Thats why we play the game. I know one thing, Yoakum has better bring the hits/runs with them, cause Sweeny get's theirs.

SHSBulldog00
05-25-2012, 11:26 PM
I'm probably not going to make the Saturday game or games.

YTBulldogs
05-25-2012, 11:57 PM
Yeah, no doubt. One thing holds true, there was a lot of movement on that fastball but, most of the movement seem to be towards the fence. I'll ask one question, is there anyone else out there that has any doubts about depth of fields or quality of pitchers they've faced that has been a major contributor to sweeny's long ball game, I should hope not. I predict the next one to be a disaster as well.

Regardless if you lose 15-1 or 2-0, a loss is a loss and your down 1-0 in the 3-game series. We both have to sweep Saturday to move on. Good luck to ya'll Yella and my buddy H&L and his LG club. The best teams will advance.

yellaseeker
05-26-2012, 01:36 AM
Regardless if you lose 15-1 or 2-0, a loss is a loss and your down 1-0 in the 3-game series. We both have to sweep Saturday to move on. Good luck to ya'll Yella and my buddy H&L and his LG club. The best teams will advance.

Well, i'm hoping we don't need the luck but we'll take it. Necks will have their hands full again tomorrow evening. Hopefully they will be a little less picky at the plate and put the ball in play more. My simple mind tells me that if we allow the greyhounds to stay with us up until the fifth or sixth inning, we might see their ace again. I can see their coach using him in this second game if he thinks he has a better than average chance of winning it. If so, we must change our approach at the plate and not let him get as comfortable as he was in game one. We really need to strap some insurance runs on them early. I'm pretty sure Johnican will give them fits tomorrow, atleast that's who i see the necks leaning on tomorrow.

Manso/V8
05-26-2012, 01:42 AM
there was a lot of movement on that fastball but, most of the movement seem to be towards the fence.

LOL.....best post of the year!

SHSBulldog00
05-26-2012, 08:52 AM
According to the article in the paper yesterday Sweeny will go with Rowlett. I would think McCracken might get the call for the Yoakum Dogs; YTBulldogs can you give us some insight?

YTBulldogs
05-26-2012, 09:26 AM
According to the article in the paper yesterday Sweeny will go with Rowlett. I would think McCracken might get the call for the Yoakum Dogs; YTBulldogs can you give us some insight?

I don't know for 100%, but--I say our only lefty Shaun Brandt might get the nod. He came up from the JV, but--he is crafty like with descent control. That's just what I heard at practice Friday unofficially. Try to off set that power punch a tad with his breaking pitches. Dunno.

yellaseeker
05-26-2012, 01:11 PM
Probably not a bad idea there. If he can throw his offspeed for strikes a high percentage of the time, he might just be yoakum's best chance to steal one. Although, a fat offspeed pitch is as good as a fat fast ball to those guys. They will not watch even offspeed pitches in a pitchers count. Get strike one and be crafty as hell getting the other two. Still pulling for our D29 guys but hope Yoakum makes a game out of it.

Saggy Aggie
05-26-2012, 06:16 PM
Sweeny was down 5-0 at one point but comes back to win game 2 by a score of 13-6.

Sweeny advances

NastySlot
05-26-2012, 06:19 PM
13-6 Sweeny believe they might of even been down at one time 6-0

YTBulldogs
05-26-2012, 08:57 PM
Congrats Sweeny. Yes, they were down 5-0 after 3. Best of luck on their mission to state. Been a great year Yoakum. Proud of ya.

YTBulldogs
05-26-2012, 09:00 PM
Probably not a bad idea there. If he can throw his offspeed for strikes a high percentage of the time, he might just be yoakum's best chance to steal one. Although, a fat offspeed pitch is as good as a fat fast ball to those guys. They will not watch even offspeed pitches in a pitchers count. Get strike one and be crafty as hell getting the other two. Still pulling for our D29 guys but hope Yoakum makes a game out of it.

Our starter Tim Blakeney pitch a very solid game. Gotta make routine play's behind him to prevent long innings, giving extra outs, like that 9 run inning Sweeny had. Timmy did a wonderful job though.

SHSBulldog00
05-27-2012, 09:26 AM
Congrats to Yoakum on their tremendous season and run in the playoffs. You boys showed a lot of heart and your community supports you even now.

YTBulldogs
05-28-2012, 06:13 PM
Thanks SHS, it was a fun ride Yoakum Bulldogs gave us fan's. We just encountered a better team. Tip of the hat to Sweeny, and best wishes the rest of the way. Either of the final two teams remaining will represent Region 4 well in Austin. Be proud, and a pleasure meeting you and several others from Sweeny in person over the last few day's.

SHSBulldog00
05-28-2012, 10:27 PM
Thanks SHS, it was a fun ride Yoakum Bulldogs gave us fan's. We just encountered a better team. Tip of the hat to Sweeny, and best wishes the rest of the way. Either of the final two teams remaining will represent Region 4 well in Austin. Be proud, and a pleasure meeting you and several others from Sweeny in person over the last few day's.

Same here YTB.