PDA

View Full Version : Bellville won't know what hit 'em

Cadillac
11-29-2003, 08:18 PM
Trust me.

Chris Hart
11-29-2003, 09:00 PM
You might want to keep quiet this week. The past three weeks Marlin hasn't played a team remotely close to being in the same league as Bellville. I'm behind Marlin all the way, and hope you guys win it all, but Bellville is a totally different animal than LaVega, Newton and Lagrange. Them Marlin boys better buckle em tight this week. Go Marlin! wink

marlin fan
11-29-2003, 09:06 PM
yo chris holla at me!!!!!

Cadillac
11-29-2003, 09:09 PM
Marlin will roll.

Bellville hasn't faced a team like Marlin yet.

BrahmaMom
11-29-2003, 09:46 PM
Ya know, Cadillac, the past three weeks Bellville keeps hearing how we won't know what hit us--I guess that is a lucky statement for us. No doubt Marlin is talented, don't think the Bulls don't know that. So don't think we won't be ready come Friday night. What has been amusing to me is, after hearing Huffman, then China Springs talk about how the Bulls can't handle it and won't know what hit them, there are still folks like you out there that don't believe Bellville has a talented team. Oh well, you have a friend wandering around out there--quack, quack! Chris, I hope you will cheer for Bellville just a little, once or twice, maybe if there is just a sensational play. I don't want you to be disloyal, but we kind of consider you our friend. You don't have to wear red, just a quiet little clap.

FranksBullDog
11-29-2003, 10:18 PM
I know how talented BV. is anyone who keeps up with 3A football knows BV. is very desirving of their ranking and it will take a perfect game by Marlin to win.I follow Marlin on a regular basis it and it is my opinion they are not as talented as last year and have to play about 7 both ways but they are in super shape and will give it their all.Im sure BV.has more weapons and will try to be more balanced than LG.THIS game has been anticipated since last year and both coaching staffs felt like they would be playing each other again. Good luck to both teams and may the best team win.

FranksBullDog
11-29-2003, 10:19 PM
I know how talented BV. is anyone who keeps up with 3A football knows BV. is very desirving of their ranking and it will take a perfect game by Marlin to win.I follow Marlin on a regular basis it and it is my opinion they are not as talented as last year and have to play about 7 both ways but they are in super shape and will give it their all.Im sure BV.has more weapons and will try to be more balanced than LG.THIS game has been anticipated since last year and both coaching staffs felt like they would be playing each other again. Good luck to both teams and may the best team win.

FranksBullDog
11-29-2003, 10:20 PM

FranksBullDog
11-29-2003, 10:21 PM

FranksBullDog
11-29-2003, 10:21 PM

Chris Hart
11-29-2003, 10:24 PM
BrahmaMom:
Ya know, Cadillac, the past three weeks Bellville keeps hearing how we won't know what hit us--I guess that is a lucky statement for us. No doubt Marlin is talented, don't think the Bulls don't know that. So don't think we won't be ready come Friday night. What has been amusing to me is, after hearing Huffman, then China Springs talk about how the Bulls can't handle it and won't know what hit them, there are still folks like you out there that don't believe Bellville has a talented team. Oh well, you have a friend wandering around out there--quack, quack! Chris, I hope you will cheer for Bellville just a little, once or twice, maybe if there is just a sensational play. I don't want you to be disloyal, but we kind of consider you our friend. You don't have to wear red, just a quiet little clap.BrahmaMom, I indeed will have some mixed feelings in this one. I have always supported yall since our game in 2001, your son really impressed me as did the Bellville team. We were hoping for a rematch the past two years, but it wasn't in the cards. I started backing Marlin last year after they played us into overtime, and after we beat em pretty bad this year and most everybody in the state was writing them off after a 1-4 start, I found an even deeper respect for their team by the way they have rebounded since then(I knew they would). I too consider you folk friends. I think Bellville/Marlin will be another classic contest. I will support the winner either way. I'm usually a Reg.IV guy all the way, but I believe Rice will be representing Reg. IV and I've lost all respect for that program. Good luck to both teams and may the best team win, and then take state! :)

Chris Hart
11-29-2003, 10:41 PM
BrahmaMom:
Ya know, Cadillac, the past three weeks Bellville keeps hearing how we won't know what hit us--I guess that is a lucky statement for us. No doubt Marlin is talented, don't think the Bulls don't know that. So don't think we won't be ready come Friday night. What has been amusing to me is, after hearing Huffman, then China Springs talk about how the Bulls can't handle it and won't know what hit them, there are still folks like you out there that don't believe Bellville has a talented team. Oh well, you have a friend wandering around out there--quack, quack! Chris, I hope you will cheer for Bellville just a little, once or twice, maybe if there is just a sensational play. I don't want you to be disloyal, but we kind of consider you our friend. You don't have to wear red, just a quiet little clap.BrahmaMom, I indeed will have mixed feelings in this one. I have supported you guys since our game in 2001. I have hoped for a rematch the past two years, but it wasn't in the cards. The play of your son especially, and the rest of the Bellville team earned my respect that day. What a game it was. I have followed/supported yall ever since then. I found a respect for Marlin after they played us to overtime last year, and then after beating them pretty bad this year, them starting 1-4, and most everybody in the state dogging them about being overrated, and people writing them off. Then for them to respond with 9 straight wins and advance to the state quarterfinals, my respect for them has grown even more. I figured they would respond that way after watching them for two years. I think Bellville/Marlin will be another classic battle. I will support the winner all the way to state. I'm usually a Reg. IV guy all the way in the playoffs, but I believe Rice will be representing Reg.IV Div.II, and I've lost all respect for that program. So may the best team win, and then take state! :)

shooootno15
11-29-2003, 11:00 PM
hey cadillac......maybe its the other way around

Bellville-38
Marlin-21

shooootno15
11-29-2003, 11:01 PM

Bellville-38
Marlin-21

shooootno15
11-29-2003, 11:03 PM

Bellville-38
Marlin-21

shooootno15
11-29-2003, 11:03 PM

Bellville-38
Marlin-21

shooootno15
11-29-2003, 11:05 PM
hey cadillac....maybe its the other way around

Bellville-38
Marlin-21

marlin fan
11-29-2003, 11:20 PM
Whats with all the doubble posting??????? :mad:

Rice girl fan
11-30-2003, 12:29 AM
Personally I want Bellvile and Rice to win their next games so they can face each other again!

Rice girl fan
11-30-2003, 12:32 AM
Personally I want Bellvile and Rice to win their next games so they can face each other again!

Bestdamsportsshowperiod
11-30-2003, 10:21 AM
GETTING DDDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZY!

bud4u
11-30-2003, 10:37 AM
well i set quietly the laast three weeks and watched all the la vega fans newton fans la grange fans talk smack but marlin is still here ,but i do know that this weeks game is going to be a good one and i will not talk smack cause now imgetting alittle supersticious (sp) abooout the SMACK TALKING so marlin done lost to bellville brahamas .....but i will be at the game

i still think the way bellville talks smack they should have to play burnet .......

if your going to be a DAWG BE A MARLIN/BURNET BULLDOG
ROLL ON PURPLE AND GOLD AND GREEN AND WHITE

LETS THROW SOME TORTILLAS

huff78
11-30-2003, 11:00 AM
Wow, BrahmaMom, Wanted to let you know, Being a Huffman Fan is tough.Have not had many winning seasons in the history of the school. Most of us townfolk just enjoyed being invited to the dance. So I'm curious, What trash talk do you ever get when you were matched up with us.

JasperDog94
11-30-2003, 11:11 AM
bud4u:
well i set quietly the laast three weeks and watched all the la vega fans newton fans la grange fans talk smack but marlin is still here Who from Newton was talking smack?

huff78
11-30-2003, 11:14 AM
Hey BrahmaMom, Just curious, What trash talk did you ever get from Huffman Fans. It's tough being from Huffman, Not many winning seasons in the history of the school. Most of us townfolk were just happy to be invited to the dance.
We now hope your guys take it all.

BrahmaMom
11-30-2003, 12:02 PM
Go back to the posts before the game and see how Bellville wasn't gonna be able to handle Crew. Well, no doubt the guy's a player, it's just that Bellville does the homework then does their job. May not have been Huffman folks ragging on Bellville, but there was a lot of noise about Crew and his 200 yards/game. Too bad, too, cuz then we keyed on him. I am happy for y'all that you got to the play-offs, too bad somebody out there made y'all look bad. No hard feelings, I hope, either way. Bellville likes to make friends of their opponents that we cheer for for years. Just one of our quirks. I actually have friends in Huffman, so wasn't too hard on y'all at the game. Good luck developing for next year. it takes years to grow into a contender. We finally are getting to see the fruit of the labor!

BrahmaMom
11-30-2003, 12:03 PM
Bud4u--Bellville would LOVE to play y'all.

BrahmaMom
11-30-2003, 12:31 PM
Chris: Glad to hear you still have some feelings for us, I understand the mixed emotions. I wished we could've gone Div I so we could meet up with Burnet again, and I was encouraged by my fellow Brahma fans to want it. Bellville has the most talented team we've had in years, I don't know if we could've handled McGee and Shipley, but it would have been a fun game. I hope you'll start following the Rice Owls next year, 3A football is well-represented there. Diboll, China Springs, Bellville, Sinton all have sent players there. Vanover from Diboll is graduating, but it is fun like 3A football. Thanks for the kind words @ Garrett; you can imagine what his senior year was like for him. He red-shirted to give his knee more time to heal, he says it feels great and he feels faster. Let us know if you want to come to a game and we'll make arrangements next year. I hope you'll be a Kyle Field Friday night. You are right, it will be a classic game. Go Brahmas!

sinton66
11-30-2003, 07:47 PM
huff78:
Hey BrahmaMom, Just curious, What trash talk did you ever get from Huffman Fans. It's tough being from Huffman, Not many winning seasons in the history of the school. Most of us townfolk were just happy to be invited to the dance.
We now hope your guys take it all.She didn't say they talked "smack" merely that they said Bellville wouldn't know what hit them.

the_answer
11-30-2003, 08:32 PM
QUOTE]Originally posted by Cadillac:
<strong>Marlin will roll.

Bellville hasn't faced a team like Marlin yet.</strong>[/QUOTE]

Bellville has played Rice, which is better than Marlin.

the_answer
11-30-2003, 08:35 PM
Cadillac:
Marlin will roll.

Bellville hasn't faced a team like Marlin yet.Bellville has played Rice and they are better than Marlin.

shooootno15
11-30-2003, 09:47 PM
rice is definetly better than marlin

LGLeps
11-30-2003, 09:57 PM
Marlin is not that impressive. Yeah LG lost and yeah bye 21 points but only because of 2 80+ yard runs and one interception, and yeah we didn't have as much speed, and I will admit, the better team won. The better athletic team won. Now I do say that ya'll were very very unsportsman like and don't tell me that I don't know what I saw, I was there and I saw THE WHOLE GAME...as a matter of fact I was on the 45 yard line watching every single move that was made. LG got totally screwed with the refs again, there were a lot of crappy penalities called on us and not so many on ya'll. Now Marlin if ya'll really think ya'll can go and beat Bellville bye a lot then think again. I haven't seen Bellville play much this year but I have a cousin on the team and from what I've heard, they are a really good team. They play hard, sometimes dirty, but that shouldn't be a challenge for Marlin because ya'll have bad attitudes also. Ya'll need to stop saying that ya'll are gunna beat Bellville bye a lot. I wish both teams the best of luck, although I am cheering for Bellville. And believe me I don't like either team because of how dirty they play, but Bellville is my pick for this week!!!

reptard7isCRAZY
11-30-2003, 09:58 PM
I agree totally

Chris Hart
11-30-2003, 09:59 PM
Those that think Rice is better than Marlin are IMO sadly mistaken. Rice is good, but they're no Marlin!

reptard7isCRAZY
11-30-2003, 10:01 PM
Agree with the Rice being better statement...not the dirty football statement. You obviously haven't been following Bellville if you think that.

LGLeps
11-30-2003, 10:03 PM
reptard7isCRAZY:
Agree with the Rice being better statement...not the dirty football statement. You obviously haven't been following Bellville if you think that.Well all I know is that Bellville tried to kill our QB one year (bye tearing his head off) and when we put in a 2nd string QB they tried to hurt him too. I do think that Rice is a far better team than Marlin, yes Marlin is good but not that good!

bbfan
11-30-2003, 10:11 PM
If you haven't seen Bellville play how can you say they play dirty. I really think that is the most absurd statement I have ever read about Bellville. They are well coached team and trust me if one of the players gets a little emotional on the field the coaches sure don't let it continue. I don't mind sitting here and listening to people talk about how there team is better than this team etc. but do not start talking about something that you have no idea about.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-30-2003, 10:16 PM
Hey LGleps, Tell us a little more on what you just said, Bellville play's dirty?

SintonFan
11-30-2003, 10:18 PM
This will be a good game. Bellville has one of those rare teams this year and they should win a fairly close game. Go Brahmas!

bbfan
11-30-2003, 10:23 PM
If you haven't seen Bellville play how can you say they play dirty. I really think that is the most absurd statement I have ever read about Bellville. They are well coached team and trust me if one of the players gets a little emotional on the field the coaches sure don't let it continue. I don't mind sitting here and listening to people talk about how there team is better than this team etc. but do not start talking about something that you have no idea about.

Raiders4state
11-30-2003, 10:24 PM
Rice and Marlin? I think Marlin better worry about Bellville. I havent seen Marlin play but I have played against Bellvill and they will be ready to play. The Rice and Port Isabel game will also be a good game so dont start talking about Rice and Marlin because there might not be a Rice/Marlin game. Good Luck to all. Raiders all the way.

Raiders4state
11-30-2003, 10:26 PM
Rice and Marlin? I think Marlin better worry about Bellville. I havent seen Marlin play but I have played against Bellvill and they will be ready to play. The Rice and Port Isabel game will also be a good game so dont start talking about Rice and Marlin because there might not be a Rice/Marlin game. Good Luck to all. Raiders all the way.

LGLeps
11-30-2003, 10:27 PM
bbfan:
If you haven't seen Bellville play how can you say they play dirty. I really think that is the most absurd statement I have ever read about Bellville. They are well coached team and trust me if one of the players gets a little emotional on the field the coaches sure don't let it continue. I don't mind sitting here and listening to people talk about how there team is better than this team etc. but do not start talking about something that you have no idea about.Ok well I'm sorry for saying all that, my only sources are from past experience and Bellville I know does not have a good rep. for playing clean in any sport. I just remember loseing to Bellville in district and then going farther in the play-offs to be state finalist about 2 years ago. And I don't have anything against Bellville, I mean come on I have a cousin on the team, one of the stars on the team. I believe Bellville will win this game, but good luck to Marlin.

SintonFan
11-30-2003, 10:27 PM
Bellville is playing some of the best ball in the state right now. Marlin is better than earlier in the season. It will be a good game and fairly close but Bellville should come out on top.

SintonFan
11-30-2003, 10:28 PM
Bellville is playing some of the best ball in the state right now. Marlin is better than earlier in the season. It will be a good game and fairly close but Bellville should come out on top.

SintonFan
11-30-2003, 10:29 PM

the tigers are back
11-30-2003, 10:35 PM
Hey Leps! Why don't ya'll get off that same old story and lie that ya'll are keep saying that bellville is dirty playing team.I just was hoping that ya'll would win so bellville will give ya'll a good whipping once and for all.I don't think that they tried to hurt ya'll qb at all: hey at least face it... things happens.I don't know about Marlin being better than Rice,but if they are i think bellville is not gonna let that confuse their focus on friday night.I really don't think Marlin can do it without #2 in the game,because i see the leps really dominated that game the hold night according to stats marlin had only 5 first downs hummmmm. :D

Brahma73
11-30-2003, 10:38 PM
Cadillac:
Marlin will roll.

Bellville hasn't faced a team like Marlin yet.eek! eek! eek! eek!

reptard7isCRAZY
11-30-2003, 11:10 PM
Hey Lep, who is your cousin on the team?

LGLeps
11-30-2003, 11:45 PM
To all people putting me down about blah blah blah, like I said my only sources are from 2 years ago when Bellville wanted us so bad that they did try to tear our QB's head off. So don't jump on my butt, I never said that they were a dirty playing team this year, like I said I've never seen them play. I do like Bellville now, and people from Sealy really don't need to get into this, your just mad ya'll lost against us. So Bellville I'm sorry for saying that but what happened 2 years ago will always stay in my mind. So stop jumping all over me!!! And to tell you the truth LG didn't want to meet Bellville, we know what ya'll have and we know it would take a miracle to beat you guys, but luckly we aren't meeting ya'll this week, the better team is. LG had a great season this year, I will stay on here thou until the state game has been played. Good Luck to both teams and like I said I'm cheering for Bellville!!!

afflac65
12-01-2003, 05:23 AM
here is my anaylis on this game. if bellville does not let marlin get into their head and stays focused on the task at hand they will win this game by 10. as far bellville playing dirty i have never seen bellville play dirty when i watched them play.

BrahmaMom
12-01-2003, 10:40 AM
LGLeps, that facemask on the QB a couple years ago was NOT intentional. Neither was the second one. Bellville is NOT allowed to play dirty-my son got his glove caught in someone's facemask and was pulled out of the game and ripped because the coach thought it might have been intentional. The kid who got the first facemask penalty felt awful about it, I hope he isn't reading that ya'll still think it was intentional. Glad you'll be cheering for Bellville, we need all the fans we can get, this is gonna be a dogfight--hope the Bulls stampede!

Bull's-eye
12-01-2003, 11:37 AM
Hey Afflac, are you becoming a Bellville fan? Glad to have you on our side. You posted earlier that Marlin would win by the score of 41-31. Now, you say Bellville by 10. Has something changed your mind? Did you see the last couple of games and are now convinced, that Bellville has what it takes?

<small>[ December 01, 2003, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: Bull's-eye ]</small>

BrahmaMom
12-01-2003, 12:21 PM
I think he finally noticed our DEFENSE has come on strong. First we held Crew to 75 yards, then we took care of China Spring's awesome passing attack (and it WAS good, by the way). Welcome, Afflac, too bad you didn't get to experience the Pasture as a Brahma fan. GO BULLS!

afflac65
12-01-2003, 01:01 PM
yea your right bulls-eye i didnt know that bellville had improved that much on defense like going from a grade D to B+. i am a believer now.
hope to see you at the game.

Chris Hart
12-01-2003, 02:09 PM
BrahmaMom:
Chris: Glad to hear you still have some feelings for us, I understand the mixed emotions. I wished we could've gone Div I so we could meet up with Burnet again, and I was encouraged by my fellow Brahma fans to want it. Bellville has the most talented team we've had in years, I don't know if we could've handled McGee and Shipley, but it would have been a fun game. I hope you'll start following the Rice Owls next year, 3A football is well-represented there. Diboll, China Springs, Bellville, Sinton all have sent players there. Vanover from Diboll is graduating, but it is fun like 3A football. Thanks for the kind words @ Garrett; you can imagine what his senior year was like for him. He red-shirted to give his knee more time to heal, he says it feels great and he feels faster. Let us know if you want to come to a game and we'll make arrangements next year. I hope you'll be a Kyle Field Friday night. You are right, it will be a classic game. Go Brahmas!BrahmaMom, I would love to attend yalls game against Marlin Friday night. If I get off work early enough friday I may just go stay the night in College Station and watch you guys play, and then attend our game Sat. The site was messing up last night, and It wouldn't let me finish my post about Marlin/Rice. I feel Marlin is better than Rice, with Tank in the lineup of course. Without Tank, Marlin is pretty predictable and relatively easy to stop. I give yall the slight edge in this one even if Tank plays, because of the versatility of your offense. If Tank doesn't play I'll say Bellville by 17. You can bet that I'll be keeping my eye out for Garrett and the Owls next year. The only bad thing is they don't get much TV exposure here in central Texas. When he goes pro, and he will, yall remember me HAHA.jk wink Good luck to both teams! If Tank plays, I'll say Bellville by 3!

<small>[ December 01, 2003, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: Chris Hart ]</small>