They won their pool by beating:

Arl. Seguin 32-26
Paschal 32-10
Mt. Pleasant 35-26

Semi-finals
Sville 36 Arl. High 28

Championship
Sville 42 Abilene Cooper 15

Sville was missing their starting RB, ILB, and FS as they were playing in the 4A baseball playoffs. The Jackets baseball team was knocked out by Cleburne today in the 3rd round equaling their best season in SHS history.

Ville-D
05-19-2012, 07:37 PM
I just saw that you put this out there... Sorry for the dupe.

Ville-D
05-19-2012, 07:39 PM
Sville was missing their starting RB, ILB, and FS as they were playing in the 4A baseball playoffs.

Also missing Morrison who is a starting TE/WR

Sville
05-19-2012, 08:26 PM
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii18/ahycb/7on7.jpg

Sville
05-19-2012, 08:28 PM
Also missing Morrison who is a starting TE/WR

The older Morrison is a senior and the younger Morrison has some serious comp at TE from BJ Walker, who I think will win the job.

Ville-D
05-19-2012, 11:06 PM
Brice Gunter should have a great senior year.

By Damon Sayles | RecruitingNation

CEDAR HILL, Texas -- After watching junior Brice Gunter make catch after catch during the Dallas Under Armour Sevens on Saturday, it'd be hard for anyone to believe he had zero catches as a sophomore.

In fact, the Stephenville (Texas) High School receiver said he was thrown to all of two times in 2010 -- and both attempts were too high.

Let's just say he's now made up for lost times. Saturday was Gunter's time to shine in front of the top programs in the Dallas area, as he put on an outstanding show in assisting Stephenville -- a central Texas power -- to the UA Sevens title at Cedar Hill High School.

"For us, just coming out and playing these guys and being able to hang with the big schools, that ups our confidence," said Gunter, who caught three touchdowns in the tournament finals against Abilene (Texas) Cooper. "I'm not going to say we're overconfident, because we know we still have to keep working and playing for that state championship."

Had the award been offered, Gunter would have been a legitimate candidate for the tournament's most valuable player. His stats this past season support his impressive tournament showing. Gunter caught 69 passes for 1,099 yards and 15 touchdowns in his only year as a varsity starter. Additionally, he was a finalist for the Gatorade Texas Football Player of the Year.

At 6-foot-3 and 195 pounds, Gunter took advantages of smaller defensive backs with his size and surprised defenders with his speed. Gunter runs a deceptive 4.56-second 40-yard dash. When he's in pads, he's one of the receivers, when he's not catching passes, who likes to lay the good lick on opposing players in an effort to spring a running back or fellow receiver.

One person who has been involved in Hunter's development is Kevin Benjamin, the wide receivers coach at Cedar Hill. Benjamin is Gunter's uncle and someone who saw Gunter grow at Cedar Hill camps when he was younger.

"He's really strong, especially on that inside slant route," Benjamin said. "He uses his body well. Once the ball gets to his hands, he's usually pretty solid with it. His size always gives him an opportunity, and he's not afraid to go across the middle and make plays.

"Once the ball is in the air, his focus is the ball, and his hands are true. He works and wills his way into being a good receiver. With us being [Class] 5A and his team being 3A, I'm just glad we don't have to line up against him."

Gunter's solid numbers make for great conversation starters, but few outside the Stephenville circle know that he's a converted receiver. Gunter played safety throughout his junior high years -- and still sees time in the secondary -- but was moved primarily to receiver once he got to high school.

His lack of time at the receiver spot may be the reason why he only has an offer from Air Force. Baylor, SMU, Tulsa and Houston have shown interest, but Gunter said his phone hasn't been ringing much in regards to college scouts.

"Maybe it's just not meant to be right now," Gunter said. "I don't think about it too much, but it does motivate me to work harder."

Gunter added that he's hoping the summer will equate to a huge recruiting season. Performing well at the UA Sevens was a great start. Watching his numbers skyrocket his junior season after a subpar sophomore season, Gunter said he will enter the summer with one goal in mind.

"If the ball's up in the air, it's mine," he said.

Tejastrue
05-20-2012, 12:33 AM
Sorry guys..congrats and all but they are not exactly big names in high school football these days...

Manso/V8
05-20-2012, 12:39 AM
Nobody in the photo looks 6'3", maybe deceptively tall......and where is the kid whose arms are so big that it effects his throwing motion?

Matthew328
05-20-2012, 09:11 AM
Gunter is a legit 6'3 he looks a little hunched over in the pic

Gone Fishing
05-20-2012, 01:22 PM
Nobody in the photo looks 6'3", maybe deceptively tall......and where is the kid whose arms are so big that it effects his throwing motion?

LOL thats funny Manso,

Manso/V8
05-20-2012, 10:35 PM
Gunter is a legit 6'3 he looks a little hunched over in the pic

Yeah, I saw that. I was just funnin' with the Sville posters. I saw the highlight tape of Gunter posted earlier and the kid can play. He goes up for the ball and has great hands. It looks like he's gotten stronger and maybe a bit quicker with a 4.56. I am sure he will be a force and I hope he gets the type of opportunity he is looking for at the next level.

VWG
05-21-2012, 07:27 AM
Bow down to their greatness......

Sville
05-21-2012, 09:25 AM
Sorry guys..congrats and all but they are not exactly big names in high school football these days...

I don't have the full field of 32 but here are some of the teams that were in this tourny.

Stephenville
Arlington Seguin
Mount Pleasant
Fort Worth Paschal
Arlington High
Abilene Cooper
Waco High
Desoto
Cedar Hill
Longview Pine Tree
South Grand Prairie
Temple
Belton
Tyler Chapel Hill

Ville-D
05-21-2012, 10:14 AM
I don't have the full field of 32 but here are some of the teams that were in this tourny.

Here is an expanded list, but still missing 12 teams.

Abilene Cooper
Arlington High
Arlington Seguin
Belton High
Cedar Hill
Dallas Carter
DeSoto High
Fort Worth Paschal
Fort Worth Southwest
Garland High
Longview Pine Tree
Mesquite Horn
Mount Pleasant
Princeton High
South Grand Prairie
Stephenville High
Temple High
Tyler Chapel Hill
Waco High
West Mesquite

footballfine09
05-21-2012, 06:30 PM

In this case in particular, his arm size has nothing to do with his throwing motion

Tejastrue
05-21-2012, 10:13 PM
Here is an expanded list, but still missing 12 teams.

Abilene Cooper
Arlington High
Arlington Seguin
Belton High
Cedar Hill
Dallas Carter
DeSoto High
Fort Worth Paschal
Fort Worth Southwest
Garland High
Longview Pine Tree
Mesquite Horn
Mount Pleasant
Princeton High
South Grand Prairie
Stephenville High
Temple High
Tyler Chapel Hill
Waco High
West Mesquite

Thanks..that gives me a better perspective..congrats.

Manso/V8
05-21-2012, 11:59 PM
In this case in particular, his arm size has nothing to do with his throwing motion
Of course. I was just pickin' at an earlier comment made by a star struck Sville poster. There was a highlight video posted of the QB and he is very effective. I am sure he will have a great season, whatever size his arms are by August.

Of course. I was just pickin' at an earlier comment made by a star struck Sville poster. There was a highlight video posted of the QB and he is very effective. I am sure he will have a great season, whatever size his arms are by August.

Star struck? It's high school football. The kid is strong and has big guns does it effect his motion who knows who cares. Stephenville winning this is just the start. Once the pads come on is when they shine the most.

Sville
05-22-2012, 08:30 AM
Speaking of Mr. Jones, here is an article about him from ESPN Recruiting Insider. You will have to have an Insider subscription to view the whole article.

ESPN Insider- Tyler Jones (http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/midlands/post?id=3494&_slug_=tyler-jones-expects-a-productive-summer&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fblo g%2fncfrecruiting%2fmidlands%2fpost%3fid%3d3494%26 _slug_%3dtyler-jones-expects-a-productive-summer)

Ville-D
06-06-2012, 11:52 AM
Haters are funny

RoyceTTU
06-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Haters are funny
http://i.imgur.com/exqXs.gif

Ville-D
06-06-2012, 04:17 PM
http://i.imgur.com/exqXs.gif

I love picture day!