PDA

View Full Version : How many people really think Caldwell will win more than 7 games now or ever?

GoForIt
09-01-2003, 12:36 PM
Interested in everyone's true opinion of Hornet athletic program.

Old Cardinal
09-01-2003, 12:54 PM
I see Caldwell's football program as attempting to immerge into a good program. I watched the U. of TX, last night and one of their good players is from Caldwell...I will say however, that Coach Wendy Weiss, that Coaches your softball team, has one good year ahead for her and your team, in the State Softball playoffs. Caldwell seems like a nice Texas town, with a lot of solid citizens, working and enjoying life!

CHS_CG
09-01-2003, 01:41 PM
Well, me being from Caldwell, I believe we are doing very well! SO GoForIt what do you have to say about us?? I am very intrested to hear what he said!

Dulce04
09-01-2003, 06:01 PM
Well, from what I was told... Our football team is not really 1 team... it's 31 or however many players we have. I've been told that they can't seem to work together as a team but I can't see how that's possible because I know just about every football player on that team and they all seem to be friends and they talk about football all the time but they never pick out one person. So, I think that Caldwell will either suprise everyone this year or at least do better than last years team. For those of you who don't know... Back when our AD first got to our school, Caldwell was ranked way deep in the rankings... like the 180's... and now they are ranked 79. That's improvement!

MARLINFAN
09-01-2003, 06:50 PM
WELL I KNOW THEY Should win 3 out of 5 district games

GoForIt
09-01-2003, 08:43 PM
Dulce04:
Well, from what I was told... Our football team is not really 1 team... it's 31 or however many players we have. I've been told that they can't seem to work together as a team but I can't see how that's possible because I know just about every football player on that team and they all seem to be friends and they talk about football all the time but they never pick out one person. So, I think that Caldwell will either suprise everyone this year or at least do better than last years team. For those of you who don't know... Back when our AD first got to our school, Caldwell was ranked way deep in the rankings... like the 180's... and now they are ranked 79. That's improvement!Well my cousins were friends of the previous coach, Norman Cobb (who won state at Mexia in '89)
and I heard that Caldwell had a lot of players then who were jealous of a real good running back and wouldn't even block for him in a playoff with Cuero because they said he took a lot of credit. But the guy rushed for 200 yards a game. And before Cobb, there were three other coaches within five years before him who left because of bad attitudes amongst kids and stage parents. You can't ever have a "team" when players either hog the glory OR players quit blocking merely from jealousy. I had a cousin who quit the team because of so much internal feuding. It was like the Pom Pom mom in Channelview.

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
09-01-2003, 09:45 PM
The bad attitudes started with COBB.Caldwell still needs discipline but it is getting better. Give this TEAM a chance to put the past to rest. One game don't make a season. Keep your head up Hornets keep working hard & good things will come your way.

CHS_Grad '85
09-02-2003, 09:49 AM
I agree with Burnt Orange Hornet 86... jealousy is the coaches responsibilty to stop... Cobia has worked very hard to change these kids minds about the 'star' player... I've heard that he's benched several players for thinking that way... it'll take a little bit longer but I think it's finally getting through... they are starting to play as a TEAM... the fans see it & that's why everyone is so excited about this season...

CHS_CG
09-03-2003, 11:17 PM
GoForIt, you still havent really said what YOU yourself things about our team? I agree with CHS_Grad. Our coaches have heard their players for sayin ooh I wanna be the star player or gettin big heads about stuff and the do not put up with it. Caldwell is pullin together to be ONE team and not 30 different teams. If you were at any practices or talked to a majority of the players you would understand and know that.

GoForIt
09-03-2003, 11:54 PM
CHS_CG:
GoForIt, you still havent really said what YOU yourself things about our team? I agree with CHS_Grad. Our coaches have heard their players for sayin ooh I wanna be the star player or gettin big heads about stuff and the do not put up with it. Caldwell is pullin together to be ONE team and not 30 different teams. If you were at any practices or talked to a majority of the players you would understand and know that.I see Caldwell having a 6-5 or 7-4 year if they get their offense together and put money where mouth is on defense. There's no excuse to lose a 19-0 lead. I heard that Caldwell got no more fired up after each Liberty Hill touchdown than the one before. Not playoff material unless they play mad as hell for a change, I heard.

Caldwell 22, Madisonville 21, but if they play to their potential... Caldwell 28, Madisonville 10

honeybee_04
09-04-2003, 07:55 AM
I think that our guys will play a hard season. I don't know if we will win them all but I do know that this season will be better than the ones preceeding it. GO HORNETS! :p

honeybee_04
09-04-2003, 08:20 AM
GoForIt:

Dulce04:
Well, from what I was told... Our football team is not really 1 team... it's 31 or however many players we have. I've been told that they can't seem to work together as a team but I can't see how that's possible because I know just about every football player on that team and they all seem to be friends and they talk about football all the time but they never pick out one person. So, I think that Caldwell will either suprise everyone this year or at least do better than last years team. For those of you who don't know... Back when our AD first got to our school, Caldwell was ranked way deep in the rankings... like the 180's... and now they are ranked 79. That's improvement!Well my cousins were friends of the previous coach, Norman Cobb (who won state at Mexia in '89)
and I heard that Caldwell had a lot of players then who were jealous of a real good running back and wouldn't even block for him in a playoff with Cuero because they said he took a lot of credit. But the guy rushed for 200 yards a game. And before Cobb, there were three other coaches within five years before him who left because of bad attitudes amongst kids and stage parents. You can't ever have a "team" when players either hog the glory OR players quit blocking merely from jealousy. I had a cousin who quit the team because of so much internal feuding. It was like the Pom Pom mom in Channelview.

honeybee_04
09-04-2003, 08:21 AM
GoForIT:

Coach COBB was a long time ago. COBB is the past and COBIA is the future. Cobia is a great guy with good morals who I believe is building our football program into to something wonderful. It takes a while to transform a program and I think that so far Cobia has done a good job and I see good things for Caldwell in the future. GO HORNETS!!!

GoForIt
09-04-2003, 11:41 AM
Caldwell needs to win this one becaues the other non-district foes are not that strong and they need to beat a "good" team to prove they're for real.

spiveyrat
09-04-2003, 11:48 AM
"Ever"? Kind of a sweeping statement, don't you think?

CHS_Grad '85
09-04-2003, 01:05 PM
SpiveyRat: Well you know, some people are just dramatic that way... wink hee hee hee :D

GoForIt: I'll disagree with that - Hearne is fast always has been; Giddings always brings their best game - especially when they come to our homecoming... I think if anyone over looks these teams they are in for a wake-up call... my two cents...

<small>[ September 04, 2003, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: CHS_Grad '85 ]</small>

honeybee_04
09-04-2003, 02:52 PM
spiveyrat: I'm confused about the "ever" statement

Caldwell will be awesome on Friday night! :p

CHS_Grad '85
09-04-2003, 03:21 PM
honeybee_04: spiveyrat is talking about the topic -
How many people really think Caldwell will win more 7 games now or ever? He's just saying that 'Ever' is too open ended...

CHS_CG
09-04-2003, 05:15 PM
See when they use the word or phase now or ever...they need to remember that cobia isnt goin to be here FOREVER! Cobia has been forming are team to do better and better and I for one believe that people just need to have a lil faith. I mean our football guys come on here and see the faith that is put into or taken away from them. Keep the faith!!! GO HORENTS!!!

Caldwell-28
Madisonville-14

GoForIt
09-04-2003, 11:07 PM
All I know is that Caldwell supporters want to see the Hornets rip the Yoemen apart this year - for the fans!

theyoefnshow
09-04-2003, 11:23 PM
Last time the Hornets tore apart Cameron was during the "Dodge era" or the "Dark era" which was quickly halted. Then in '01 they got a very cheap 28-24 win in which they were handed 3 touchdowns and 2 were taken away from Cameron. If you recall, Cameron went to the quarterfinals that year while Caldwell stayed at home. Even for a team the caliber of that Yoemen squad, it's hard to make up for 35 points.

GoForIt
09-05-2003, 07:40 AM
Gosh, I guess it really is true that every time the oYe (whatever that is) get their tails beat, they find a million excuses. Caldwell's only score in question in the 28-24 win (which I laugh since it must have really bugged you or you wouldn't remember it) was an end zone TD in which the ball fell into the receivers hands and Cameron had NO TD's taken back so get your facts straight. Oh and Dodge is now a state champion coach in 5A so I think he realized it was time to leave loser land.

honeybee_04
09-05-2003, 09:17 AM
Tongiths game night! GO HORNETS! I know that we will play hard and win or lose we will still be a good team. I'm saying the HORNETS will win it tonight. :p

theyoefnshow
09-05-2003, 09:45 AM
Dodge was FIRED son. Halfway through the year. That's how bad we wanted him out. Loser land? Please. Look at your own record. Besides, even a blind rodent finds a nut occassionally.

GoForIt
09-05-2003, 11:48 AM
Because, in Cameron it's win at all costs - lie, cheat, steal or attempt murder, right?

theyoefnshow
09-05-2003, 12:19 PM
Yeah, just like the same applies to Jasper? Lie cheat and drag? No, that's not correct. If you knew the facts that was an act of self defense (you probably don't even know the kid that did it anyways because if you did, you wouldn't even say the word "murder") and it was proven so please try something else.

dog92
09-05-2003, 01:37 PM
Loser land!!!!!! And I guess Milano has a winning tradition!

keep_it_real
09-05-2003, 02:07 PM
I wouldnt say Caldwell had the game against cameron given to them in 2000 not 2001. Two touchdowns did get called back but Caldwell had Jason Carter at the helm and that made the difference. Don't make penalties, and touchdowns wont get called back