Rio Hondo - 622
Port Isabel - 617.5
Progreso - 482

Rank the district
Who is the best?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
05-16-2012, 07:10 PM
About dang time 32-3A came up!

Right now the 2 favorites in this district are Port Isabel and Rio Hondo. Rio Hondo returns a good Senior class, while Port Isabel's team last year was loaded with Sophomores and they are all back.

Hidalgo is also expected to make some major noise. They hired Scott Ford (former Los Fresnos coach) as their new AD/HFC and they will be starting a Freshman QB who has been making some serious noise in Junior High by the name of Shea Patterson. Hidalgo is also a drop down from 4A and has some pretty good athletes.

La Feria is the darkhorse. Last year, La Feria started out strong with a 6-0 start, then lost 3 of their last 4 games and missed the playoffs. I haven't seen what their non-district schedule looks like for next year yet, as their schedule was a bit cupcake (yes, there was a 5A team (0-10) and a 4A team (2-8) on the schedule) last year. It will depend on what their non-district looks like, and how well they do in those games.

And last but not least....Progreso. The Downlow's favorite team. Everyone loves them some Red Ants! Sadly they won't make any noise this year from the looks of it.

If I had to rank the teams right now....

1. Rio Hondo
2. Port Isabel
3. Hidalgo
4. La Feria
5. Progreso

Ville-D
05-16-2012, 11:45 PM
Thanks for your input. No disrespect to 32, I just did them in order. Next year we go in reverse order. Good luck to your boys in PI.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
05-17-2012, 09:32 PM
Thanks for your input. No disrespect to 32, I just did them in order. Next year we go in reverse order. Good luck to your boys in PI.

Thank you, sir. And a big welcome to 3A to y'all folks in Stephenville. I watched Stephenville (on TV, not in person) many times with their battles with La Marque. Love the Stephenville crowd. Reminds me of a good Port Isabel crowd, minus the beer kegs filled with metal beads or whatever the hell y'all fill those damn things with. LOL