Gone Fishing
05-16-2012, 07:55 AM
Liberty Hill might be good.
LH
BW
?

Bosqueville
05-16-2012, 09:44 AM
How much did Lampasas lose? I think it will be between BWD and LH.

Gone Fishing
05-16-2012, 10:43 AM
How much did Lampasas lose? I think it will be between BWD and LH.

IDK but they got beat by La Vernia in the playoffs and LV wasn't that good, at least not early in the year.

Ville-D
05-16-2012, 11:24 AM
BW, LH, GV

Any order

defense51
05-16-2012, 05:50 PM
1. Brownwood
2. LH
3. Gatesville/Lampasas

holcomb2012
05-17-2012, 10:24 AM
Lampasas lost a massive number of playmakers. Will be tough next year.

LHPfactory
05-17-2012, 11:04 AM
Hard to say, LH has some good kids coming up, I know they should be dang good the year after, Burnet should be back on track with what they have coming up, by then as well. Im sure GV has a grudge with LH from the 06 and 07 80+ and 70+ point beatings they suffered. Alot of mystery in this district this year. Should be interesting.

regaleagle
05-17-2012, 12:00 PM
So Burnet is totally left outta the mix here??? What's their standing, and what do they have positive working in their favor?

hollywood
09-10-2012, 09:10 AM
After the first 2 weeks of football, a few teams are not where they want to be and a few are where no one thought they would be.

Lampasas - 978 (1-1)
Burnet - 951 (1-1)
Brownwood - 938 (0-2)
Gatesville - 826 (2-0)
Liberty Hill - 807 (1-1)
Llano - 530 (1-1)

This district appears like it's going to come down to the wire!

-Lampasas is looking to get things together by putting some points up on 4A Austin Travis last week. Lost to a solid Smithville team in week 0.
-Burnet is young but starting to click under new HC Jones. Score late for the win vs 4A Fredericksburg week 0 but didn't have enough vs Rockdale in week 1 .
-Brownwood hasn't quite got it together yet although I think they will by district. Getting handled by 2 very good teams in All Saints and Graham in week 0 and week 1.
-Gatesville is setting at 2-0 and appears to be solid upsetting 4A Waco University last week. They won their opening game pretty easily against Reicher Catholic in week 0.
-Liberty Hill has started the season pretty strong. They had a close loss to Giddings after Giddings scored 22 points in the 4th quarter to come back and win. They handled Hondo pretty easily and will be hard to beat for any district foe.
-Llano is the dark horse. They played Wimberley to the wire only losing by 1 point in week 0. Last week they beat a decent 2A Bangs team by almost 30 points.

There's a very good possiblility that no one thought would happen could happen. If Brownwood can get there team in solid form by district they could go big school with Gatesville, LH, or Llano beating out Lampasas or Burnet for playoff spots. Lot of football left as we all know, BUT then again, many didn't think this would happen. We'll know more in about 6-8 weeks. Good luck to all!

greendawg84
09-10-2012, 09:20 AM
1. The Hill
2. BW
3. Lampasas
4. GV
5. Burnet
6. Llano

Trashman
09-10-2012, 09:34 AM
I was not impressed with BWD's play against Graham. BWD has a lot of work to do before district.

hollywood
09-10-2012, 09:48 AM
After week 1

1. Liberty Hill
2. Llano
3. Gatesville
4. Lampasas
5. Burnet
6. Brownwood

Could change but right now this is where I see them.

LionFan72
09-10-2012, 09:56 PM
After week 1

1. Liberty Hill
2. Llano
3. Gatesville
4. Lampasas
5. Burnet
6. Brownwood

Could change but right now this is where I see them.

Could be right, after week2, BW is lacking team unity and lots of injuries, could be wrong. That's why we play'em. Let's see who improves the most.

garciap77
09-10-2012, 09:59 PM
1. LH
2. Brownwood
3. Gatesvilles

hollywood
09-12-2012, 11:22 AM
In what order do you see them finishing district play?

Who'll be DI rep and who'll be the DII reps?

3A District 7

School/Enrollment
STEPHENVILLE (999)
ALVARADO (974)
VENUS (516)
GLEN ROSE (511)
HILLSBORO (458)

3A District 8

School/Enrollment
LAMPASAS (978)
BURNET (951)
BROWNWOOD (938)
GATESVILLE (826)
LIBERTY HILL (807)
LLANO (530)

hollywood
09-23-2012, 11:19 AM
Could Gatesville, LH, and Llano be the top 3 teams in District 8?

LHPfactory
09-23-2012, 03:37 PM
Could Gatesville, LH, and Llano be the top 3 teams in District 8?

Yes, Its still early and I would never count out Brownwood and Burnet when it comes to play offs,

Any way it shakes up, LH and Llano are the two smallest schools and can only go DII....

BLEEDZGREEN
09-23-2012, 08:51 PM
I would be very surprised if Burnet makes the playoffs, defense is very suspect, next year they should be tough to beat.

greendawg84
09-24-2012, 08:17 AM
1 LH
2 GV
3 BW
4 Llano
5 Burnet
6 Lampasas

3 thru 6 could go either way .

jason
09-24-2012, 08:20 AM
brownwood vs stephenville in the 1st round would be good message board material...would be a crappy game to watch though...

wonder where they would play? cowboys stadium?

Sville
09-24-2012, 09:38 AM
brownwood vs stephenville in the 1st round would be good message board material...would be a crappy game to watch though...

wonder where they would play? cowboys stadium?

My bet would be Waco

vtskneb
09-24-2012, 09:53 AM
My bet would be Waco

Flip home and home. PLEASE

Z's daddy
09-24-2012, 11:37 AM
After the first 2 weeks of football, a few teams are not where they want to be and a few are where no one thought they would be.

-Burnet is young but starting to click under new HC Jones. Score late for the win vs 4A Fredericksburg week 0 but didn't have enough vs Rockdale in week 1 .

Fredericksburg is still 3A

BLEEDZGREEN
09-24-2012, 01:07 PM
Terrible coaching by Canyon Lake late in the game cost them the win vs Burnet, this team could easily be 0-4. They come out hot and then the focus drops off when they have the lead and the opponent capitalizes on that. If they can find a way to put together 4 qtrs of play then they might have a shot to get in.

greendawg84
09-25-2012, 08:11 AM
Terrible coaching by Canyon Lake late in the game cost them the win vs Burnet, this team could easily be 0-4. They come out hot and then the focus drops off when they have the lead and the opponent capitalizes on that. If they can find a way to put together 4 qtrs of play then they might have a shot to get in.

Just got worse on D , #5 out for 30 days after the hit last Friday night. Moving up #15 from the JV to take his spot for now. Dawgs have some big holes to fill before District starts , hope they can come up with a plan.

BLEEDZGREEN
09-25-2012, 08:37 AM
Just got worse on D , #5 out for 30 days after the hit last Friday night. Moving up #15 from the JV to take his spot for now. Dawgs have some big holes to fill before District starts , hope they can come up with a plan.

Dang Greendawg I hate to hear that, that was a vicious hit, I like #5 he was the fastest kid we have on both sides of the ball.

greendawg84
09-25-2012, 09:14 AM
Dang Greendawg I hate to hear that, that was a vicious hit, I like #5 he was the fastest kid we have on both sides of the ball.

It was one of the hardest hits I have ever seen , clean hit by CL kid that watched some film on us . If you run the same play enough times in a game they start to get a jump on it.

#5 is a good kid that will bounce back. In the mean time we are getting younger by the week at the Varsity level. Bad for this year but will make us better for next year.

BLEEDZGREEN
09-25-2012, 10:23 AM
It was one of the hardest hits I have ever seen , clean hit by CL kid that watched some film on us . If you run the same play enough times in a game they start to get a jump on it.

#5 is a good kid that will bounce back. In the mean time we are getting younger by the week at the Varsity level. Bad for this year but will make us better for next year.

You took the words right out of my mouth, I told my wife we keep running the same play they are going to figure it out sooner or later. Like I said in the Fredericksburg thread they run that play to much, they have some kids with good hands and need to find a way to get them the ball as well.

Ville-D
09-28-2012, 11:47 PM
1. Gv/lh
3. Bw

hollywood
09-28-2012, 11:57 PM
1. Gv/lh
3. Bw

I think the same.

1. LH
2. Gville
3. Bwd

ccmom
09-29-2012, 12:08 AM
Did Llano play tonight?

Ville-D
09-29-2012, 12:17 AM
Did Llano play tonight?

Got beat by Fredericksburg 14-6

Ville-D
09-29-2012, 12:18 AM
Llano is 2-3 on the year.

hollywood
10-07-2012, 11:47 AM
The 2 biggest schools (enrollment) in this district look to be the 2 weakest.

Lampasas (978) and Burnet (951)

Brownwood (938) being the strongest of the 3 biggest should be the Div 1 rep.

My Dist 8 top 6 now
1. Liberty Hill
2. Gatesville
3. Brownwood
4. Llano
5. Lampasas
6. Burnet

LHPfactory
10-07-2012, 02:00 PM
The 2 biggest schools (enrollment) in this district look to be the 2 weakest.

Lampasas (978) and Burnet (951)

Brownwood (938) being the strongest of the 3 biggest should be the Div 1 rep.

My Dist 8 top 6 now
1. Liberty Hill
2. Gatesville
3. Brownwood
4. Llano
5. Lampasas
6. Burnet

I agree except I wouldl flip flop Lampasas and Burnet

1. Liberty Hill
2. Gatesville
3. Brownwood
4. Llano
5. Burnet
6. Lampasas

hollywood
10-20-2012, 07:28 AM
So now what? Lol

I still see the top 3 being Brownwood, Gatesville, and Liberty Hill. In what order, not sure yet. Doesn't matter for Brownwood though. They'll go big school to meet Stephenville for the first round playoff match up. ;)

1. Brownwood
2. Gatesville
3. Liberty Hill
4. Llano
5. Burnet
6. Lampasas

83Indian
10-20-2012, 11:36 AM
So now what? Lol

I still see the top 3 being Brownwood, Gatesville, and Liberty Hill. In what order, not sure yet. Doesn't matter for Brownwood though. They'll go big school to meet Stephenville for the first round playoff match up. ;)

1. Brownwood
2. Gatesville
3. Liberty Hill
4. Llano
5. Burnet
6. Lampasas

Brownwood better hope Burnet or Lampasas can get back in this. You don't want to play the Ville.:ack!:

LionFan72
10-20-2012, 11:36 PM
Brownwood better hope Burnet or Lampasas can get back in this. You don't want to play the Ville.:ack!:

Quit sniveling Indian, The cartel figured out how to stop the lackets, it can be done. Maybe this year, maybe not. Sure as heck are not afraid of them, bring it!

hollywood
10-21-2012, 09:43 AM
Quit sniveling Indian, The cartel figured out how to stop the lackets, it can be done. Maybe this year, maybe not. Sure as heck are not afraid of them, bring it!

Ville was very flat in week 0 and Prepa Techa Jr College was very sharp.

Tread lightly my friend. The "Beast from your East", you want know part of this year. Remember 2011?

Bosqueville
10-21-2012, 10:37 AM

Tread lightly my friend. The "Beast from your East", you want know part of this year. Remember 2011?

You Benedict Arnold...

hsbtex
10-21-2012, 11:28 AM

Didn't you graduate from Brownwood??

BwdLion73
10-21-2012, 12:21 PM
You Benedict Arnold...

:clap::D:D:D

hollywood
10-21-2012, 06:36 PM
You Benedict Arnold...

Lol, I'm just calling a spade a spade.

hollywood
10-21-2012, 06:36 PM
Didn't you graduate from Brownwood??

Yeppers. And I have a good memory too.

Bassact
10-21-2012, 09:19 PM
So now what? Lol

1. Brownwood
2. Gatesville
3. Liberty Hill
4. Llano
5. Burnet
6. Lampasas

Don't count LH out just yet.. still have 3 games to play.. They get back on track mentally they'll still be a tuff out. They get down on themselves after the BW spanking they took they could drop 2 spots..
I'm banking Vance and crew get things lined back out.

ogg
10-21-2012, 09:52 PM
3A Region 1 District 8

Lampasas - 978
Burnet - 951
Brownwood - 938
Gatesville - 826
Liberty Hill - 807
Llano - 530

Rank the district
Who is the best?

Have to be Brownwood.

Ville-D
10-21-2012, 10:44 PM
Yeppers. And I have a good memory too.

What year did you graduate?

hollywood
10-21-2012, 10:52 PM
What year did you graduate?

19'n'91! Played for Coach Allen who's been at Highland Park for quiet a while now. Harrell was also one of my coaches then. Great men.

Ville-D
10-22-2012, 01:16 PM

I was digging around today and found this video I put together for the last meeting between the Mighty Lions and the so-called "Lackets"... I threw it up on YouTube... enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aPAUy35mzw

hollywood
10-22-2012, 01:29 PM
Don't count LH out just yet.. still have 3 games to play.. They get back on track mentally they'll still be a tuff out. They get down on themselves after the BW spanking they took they could drop 2 spots..
I'm banking Vance and crew get things lined back out.

Not counting them out by any means. But for the district title, maybe. Brownwood, LH, and Gatesville should be the 3 coming out of this district to face the best 3 out of District 7 3A.

Probably a 1 and done for District 8 3A reps. :1popcorn:

hollywood
10-22-2012, 02:24 PM
Districts 7 & 8 Week 8 Padilla's picks.

REGION I DISTRICT 7
Alvarado over Glen Rose by 4
Stephenville over Venus by 48

REGION I DISTRICT 8
Brownwood over Lampasas by 27
Liberty Hill over Burnet by 24
Gatesville over Llano by 22

Possible bi-district playoff match ups from the way I see things shaping up.

D1 – If Brownwood finishes like they should.
Stephenville vs Brownwood

D2 – If Alvarado beats Glen Rose and Liberty Hill loses to Gatesville when they play
Alvarado vs Liberty Hill
Glen Rose vs Gatesville

OR

D2 – If Glen Rose beats Alvarado and Gatesville loses to Liberty Hill when they play
Alvarado vs Gatesville
Glen Rose vs Liberty Hill

Liberty Hill... hope that you don't have to face Glen Rose in the first round. This would be a much worse beating than what Brownwood gave you. Alvarado would be a better match.

:D

Ville-D
10-22-2012, 08:27 PM
I was digging around today and found this video I put together for the last meeting between the Mighty Lions and the so-called "Lackets"... I threw it up on YouTube... enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aPAUy35mzw

No comment?

83Indian
10-22-2012, 09:18 PM

REGION I DISTRICT 7

REGION I DISTRICT 8

D2 – If Alvarado beats Glen Rose and Liberty Hill loses to Gatesville when they play
Alvarado vs Liberty Hill
Glen Rose vs Gatesville

OR

D2 – If Glen Rose beats Alvarado and Gatesville loses to Liberty Hill when they play
Alvarado vs Gatesville

Liberty Hill... hope that you don't have to face Glen Rose in the first round. This would be a much worse beating than what Brownwood gave you. Alvarado would be a better match.

Glen Rose might throw up more points but good luck scoring on Alvarado if you can only run the ball.

toddg
10-23-2012, 12:21 AM
it doesnt matter to me who we face in the playoffs..we either chop wood, climb a hill, or bust through a gate...regardless..it will be..game on!

LHPfactory
10-23-2012, 10:45 AM

REGION I DISTRICT 7

REGION I DISTRICT 8

Alvarado vs Liberty Hill
Glen Rose vs Gatesville

OR

Alvarado vs Gatesville

After viewing the Sville v Glen Rose video, I think its the other way around.... I know its a highlight film, but GR defense looked dazed n confused on the run plays, If runs from the spread have them looking for the ball they will be in a world of hurt playing the LH Slot-T. From what I saw GR appeared to have good size up front, but poor ball awareness....

hollywood
10-23-2012, 11:13 AM
After viewing the Sville v Glen Rose video, I think its the other way around.... I know its a highlight film, but GR defense looked dazed n confused on the run plays, If runs from the spread have them looking for the ball they will be in a world of hurt playing the LH Slot-T. From what I saw GR appeared to have good size up front, but poor ball awareness....

Like you said, it's a high-lite video. You didn't see the plays where GR didn't look confused. ;)

Trust me on this one, if Brownwood gave you that many fits, multiply that by 4 and that's what you would get with the GR offense. Not taking anything away from Brownwood, yes I have seen them play and it's my alma matar, but GR is for real! Big O-line, QB that has a missle for an arm, tall solid receivers, above avg RB... and if that's not enough, they execute the spread almost flawlessly. LH would have to have an awesome D-line and great DB's to even have a chance to slow GR. Defensively, GR D-line is above average in size and execution. Solid LB's and above avg DB's. Very solid team all the way around.

hollywood
10-23-2012, 11:18 AM
it doesnt matter to me who we face in the playoffs..we either chop wood, climb a hill, or bust through a gate...regardless..it will be..game on!

You won't be choppin' wood! Brownwood is going D1! They will get to face your nemesis! ;)

AV will destroy the hill and pummel the gate how ever you want to slice it. :D

LHPfactory
10-23-2012, 11:37 AM
You won't be choppin' wood! Brownwood is going D1! They will get to face your nemesis! ;)

I have faith in our boys, wont be the first time they faced big fellas, You may be eating crow, "how ever you want to slice it"..:)

sandmaster
10-23-2012, 11:38 AM
Don't write off the Llano Yellow Jackets just yet. The win by Bwood hurt their chances just a little but I feel that it will come down to Week 10 at Gordon Wood Stadium when the Lions host the Jackets for a spot from District 8 in the playoffs. If Llano does get it they will be huge underdogs but the last time they played Glen Rose they were huge underdogs. As i recall Glen Rose had Derek Thompson playing QB then and that kid had a rocket for an arm. The Jackets pulled the upset that night and lead the series with Glen Rose 1-0 and they have never faced Alvarado. Llano has played in 3 teams homecomings and is 3-0 this year. Just a random fact for the day. Llano will play Gatesville tough but Gville has just a few more athletes leaving the Jackets 1-2 in district. The next week they play Burnet and Bwood Plays Gville. Llano beats burnet 2-2 in district and Gville beats Bwood making Bwood 2-1 assuming they beat lampassas which they should. Then it comes down to Llano and Bwood week 10. Just my thoughts. That is assuming LH wins out if they don't win out then it becomes a 3 way tie for 2nd and 3rd. So i'm hoping the Jackets just win out simple solution for me as a Jacket fan.

Indian 1985
10-23-2012, 11:51 AM
No comment?
I think that video says it all. Stephenville is a force to be reckoned with. No doubt about that.
Nice music selection too! :)

Ville-D
10-23-2012, 11:52 AM
Don't write off the Llano Yellow Jackets just yet. The win by Bwood hurt their chances just a little but I feel that it will come down to Week 10 at Gordon Wood Stadium when the Lions host the Jackets for a spot from District 8 in the playoffs. If Llano does get it they will be huge underdogs but the last time they played Glen Rose they were huge underdogs. As i recall Glen Rose had Derek Thompson playing QB then and that kid had a rocket for an arm. The Jackets pulled the upset that night and lead the series with Glen Rose 1-0 and they have never faced Alvarado. Llano has played in 3 teams homecomings and is 3-0 this year. Just a random fact for the day. Llano will play Gatesville tough but Gville has just a few more athletes leaving the Jackets 1-2 in district. The next week they play Burnet and Bwood Plays Gville. Llano beats burnet 2-2 in district and Gville beats Bwood making Bwood 2-1 assuming they beat lampassas which they should. Then it comes down to Llano and Bwood week 10. Just my thoughts. That is assuming LH wins out if they don't win out then it becomes a 3 way tie for 2nd and 3rd. So i'm hoping the Jackets just win out simple solution for me as a Jacket fan.

And as we have seen this year that neither Tiger nor Indians are a match for the might Yellow Jackets!

toddg
10-23-2012, 11:52 AM

looks like Stidham will get some work at QB the next month or so...

it wont be easy for Alvarado no matter how you slice it...the Indians wouldnt expect it any other way..we'll just keep swinging the hammer and working hard, taking it one game at a time..and believing.http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13969/HitTheNailOnTheHead.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

BEAST
10-23-2012, 04:14 PM

Brownwood will not lose a district game.

BEAST

greendawg84
10-23-2012, 04:20 PM

BEAST

I am gonna have to agree on that one , Gatesville might be a test but the rest is gravy.

Cam
10-23-2012, 04:56 PM

BEAST

I don't know Beast.....Gatesville lookin' pretty tough.....but good luck!

ccmom
10-23-2012, 05:00 PM
I don't know Beast.....Gatesville lookin' pretty tough.....but good luck!Cam! You're back!!

cookiemonster
10-23-2012, 10:05 PM
Gatesville will beat Brownwood by 2 TD's. They are the best team in the district.

J2M2SR
10-23-2012, 10:19 PM
Gatesville wins......I agree!

toddg
10-23-2012, 10:37 PM
Gatesville will beat Brownwood by 2 TD's. They are the best team in the district.

"C" is for cookie, and thats good enough for me..http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13991/orig-14366331.jpg (http://www.smileyvault.com/)i agree with the cookiemonster!

hollywood
10-24-2012, 10:33 AM

BEAST

:1popcorn:

The BEAST has spoken.

Red&White_9x5
10-24-2012, 01:15 PM

As much as I would love to hear that the Jackets (or anyone else in 8-3A) beat Brownwood, it most likely just will not happen. The only probable victor over the Wood at this point is Gatesville. I believe that game is next week if i looked at the schedule right. Gatesville vs. BWood for the district title, the loser will be second, and unless Burnet can pull the upset this week and beat LH, the Hill will be the other playoff representative from 8-3A. Eventhough I haven't seen Llano play this year, they seem to be undoubtably better, BUT the Lampasas win may be the only district win they get considering they finish with Gatesville, Burnet, and Brownwood. I am sure the town is buzzing (no pun intended), but so was my town 3 years ago over Slaughter and the boys. Not to rain on your parade, but 3 years later we had one district win to our name. So I will have to wait and see more than a 7 point win over a very down Lampasas team before I jump on the playoff bandwagon. Nevertheless, I am rooting for them week 10 against Brownwood

Hornet
10-24-2012, 06:26 PM
The Gatesville Hornets are playing with a purpose and mission each week. This group kids are on board and believe in themselves. With a truckload of Seniors - 22 I believe, they are committed to winning a District Title. The Hornets are not overlooking the Yellowjackets this week. Burnet front 7 did a nice joib in slowing their running game, the Hornets then committed to the passing game completing 22 of 26 for 415 yards. The game against Brownwood should prove to be a big game. I know the Hornets will be looking to avenge 3 straight lopsided losses to Brownwood over the past 3 years, as they have met in non-district play.

Bosqueville
10-24-2012, 08:50 PM
Hornet, prepare for the invasion of the Maroon Nation!

Bassact
10-24-2012, 10:00 PM
The Gatesville Hornets are playing with a purpose and mission each week. This group kids are on board and believe in themselves. With a truckload of Seniors - 22 I believe, they are committed to winning a District Title. The Hornets are not overlooking the Yellowjackets this week. Burnet front 7 did a nice joib in slowing their running game, the Hornets then committed to the passing game completing 22 of 26 for 415 yards. The game against Brownwood should prove to be a big game. I know the Hornets will be looking to avenge 3 straight lopsided losses to Brownwood over the past 3 years, as they have met in non-district play.

If Gateville can has a solid run game and can throw BW will be in trouble. BW shutdown LH run game but their were receivers running open all ove rthe secondary.. LH just couldn't make a play.. But they were their for the taking..

Hornet
10-24-2012, 11:20 PM
If Gateville can has a solid run game and can throw BW will be in trouble. BW shutdown LH run game but their were receivers running open all ove rthe secondary.. LH just couldn't make a play.. But they were their for the taking..

Gatesville seems pretty well equipped to adjust to what the defense is allowing. In addition the defense is allowing 14 points per game. They have played both spread style and slot teams now and have had the opportunity to shut them down, except for LaVega, whom we beat in a 2OT game. Neither defense cuold stop the pass nor the run, it was atrack meet all evening.

Watch out for these Hornets as we draw close to these final District games!

Cam
10-25-2012, 10:04 AM
Cam! You're back!!

yeah...unfortunately for all!......I just had to have my fix of the Low...I tried to stay away but just couldn't.....it's one of the many ways I entertain myself!.....

defense51
10-25-2012, 11:40 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aPAUy35mzw ouch!

LattiCat21
10-25-2012, 01:43 PM
1. Bw
2. Lh
3. Gv

BLEEDZGREEN
10-25-2012, 03:33 PM
GV
Bw
Lh

J2M2SR
10-25-2012, 03:44 PM
TIck TOCK 8-3a

hollywood
10-26-2012, 10:53 PM
Now what?

Sville
10-26-2012, 11:02 PM
Liberty Hill screwed my dream up.

Bosqueville
10-26-2012, 11:06 PM
Burnet beats Llano next week and they're in. Div 1

BLEEDZGREEN
10-26-2012, 11:40 PM
GV
Bw
Lh

Now having played all 3 GV is the best team in 8-3a if BW beats them then of course I will be wrong. Burnet still has to TCB in the final 2 games to get in. I think the win tonight will givev them the confidence to finish strong.

Hornet
10-27-2012, 12:56 AM
Hornets demolishes LLano 41-7. Now we can turn our attention to Brownwood welcomed to Mckamie Stadium next Friday, where the Hornets will be looking to seek avenge the losses Lions have been putting on these kids for 3 years! Come early, be proud and loud! It should be a real barn burner!

The Hornets handedled the Jackets Brownwood, we are ready, fill up our seats and stimulate our economy, and spend your money at our concession stans, we do not care after you leave you will have your first district loss!

hollywood
10-27-2012, 07:54 AM
Alright. Let's think about this.

Burnet has Llano and Lampasas as their final 2 games. If they win both, they're in for sure. If they loose 1 and LH wins out, thin they're in. Right?

Boy, these next 2 weeks are going to be exciting in Dist 8.

Stephenville either will face Brownwood or Burnet.

Brownwood would be great considering the history of course!

Burnet would be fitting since they beat out Stephenville in the State 7 on 7 tourney!

Z's daddy
10-27-2012, 04:52 PM
This will be an interesting last two weeks. Here's the district standings:

1. Gatesville (3-0) & Brownwood (3-0). These two play each other next week. Winner is the District Champ. Loser will be in also, and most likely finishes 4-1 in district.
3. Burnet (1-2), Liberty Hill (1-2), & Llano (1-2)
6. Lampasas (0-3)

Gatesville and Brownwood are in. The last spot is completely up for grabs. Here are the scenarios:

1) Burnet beats Llano, and Lampasas, they are 3rd and go D1.
2) Liberty Hill beats Lampasas and Gatesville, and Burnet loses to Llano or Lampasas, LH is 3rd and goes D2.
3) Llano beats Burnet and Brownwood, and Liberty Hill loses to either Lampasas or Gatesville, they are 3rd and go D2.
4) Lampasas beats Liberty Hill and Burnet, and Llano loses to Burnet and Brownwood, they are 3rd and go D1.

There are other scenarios as well, but these are the ones that are easiest to figure for each team. One game separates the bottom four teams. Could very well come down to the last game with all four teams still with an opportunity to claim the final spot. I've now got a headache.

Cam
10-27-2012, 11:27 PM
Liberty Hill screwed my dream up.

uhhh....that would be incorrect........Burnet screwed up your dream!!......:D

BLEEDZGREEN
10-27-2012, 11:50 PM
This will be an interesting last two weeks. Here's the district standings:

1. Gatesville (3-0) & Brownwood (3-0). These two play each other next week. Winner is the District Champ. Loser will be in also, and most likely finishes 4-1 in district.
3. Burnet (1-2), Liberty Hill (1-2), & Llano (1-2)
6. Lampasas (0-3)

Gatesville and Brownwood are in. The last spot is completely up for grabs. Here are the scenarios:

1) Burnet beats Llano, and Lampasas, they are 3rd and go D1.
2) Liberty Hill beats Lampasas and Gatesville, and Burnet loses to Llano or Lampasas, LH is 3rd and goes D2.
3) Llano beats Burnet and Brownwood, and Liberty Hill loses to either Lampasas or Gatesville, they are 3rd and go D2.
4) Lampasas beats Liberty Hill and Burnet, and Llano loses to Burnet and Brownwood, they are 3rd and go D1.

There are other scenarios as well, but these are the ones that are easiest to figure for each team. One game separates the bottom four teams. Could very well come down to the last game with all four teams still with an opportunity to claim the final spot. I've now got a headache.

Wow Z, I didn't even realize that Lampasas still had a shot, thanks for breaking that down.

Cam
10-28-2012, 12:29 AM
TIck TOCK 8-3a

yeah...yeah.....we've all heard that before.....

Cam
10-28-2012, 12:32 AM
Now what?

Now what?...So what?.....In the words of the late Rodney Dangerfield in Caddyshack, "So, let's dance!"

lv2937
10-28-2012, 06:39 PM
5) if burnet beats llano or lampsasas and liberty hill loses to either lampasas or gatesville burnet is in . i think burnet will win out and liberty hill loses to gatesville.

hollywood
10-29-2012, 11:05 AM
Now what?...So what?.....In the words of the late Rodney Dangerfield in Caddyshack, "So, let's dance!"

:taunt: big boy!

hollywood
10-29-2012, 11:13 AM

By the way, Burnet controls their own destiny. Win out vs Llano and Lampasas, they get to face the Ville first round. So, you want to dance? You better be ready to tango with the big boys Camy. :1popcorn: Redemption on the loss in 7 on 7. :stirpot:

Good luck with Llano.. they might surprise the ole Bulldogs this year. ;)

Cam
10-29-2012, 11:49 AM
By the way, Burnet controls their own destiny. Win out vs Llano and Lampasas, they get to face the Ville first round. So, you want to dance? You better be ready to tango with the big boys Camy. :1popcorn: Redemption on the loss in 7 on 7. :stirpot:

Good luck with Llano.. they might surprise the ole Bulldogs this year. ;)

I hope we make the playoffs...but let's not get ahead of ourselves....Llano is no slouch and will battle Burnet for that playoff spot...I expect a close game....and if Burnet does win they still gotta go deal with Lamp and another Slot-T team (which is always tough to deal with).....It would be a good experience for a young Burnet team to face a juggernaut like Stephenville....But we folks in district 8-3A really don't care how great they are....any team from 8-3A would gladly show up to play em'!.....It could very well mean a 1st round exit if Burnet does play em', but the seed will be planted for the coming years....and believe me, Burnet's got a bright future just round the corner! (and from lookin' at the upcoming talent for the other teams in this district, so do they. 8-3A is going to get nasty!)....Stinkinville better knock em' out while ya still got the chance!!....Bollywood!....:2thumbsup
Ya'll still mad bout the 7 on 7 thing??....It was just a little touch football....
Oh, and Camy is my doggies name....and isn't it a lovely name???.....:D

sandmaster
10-29-2012, 11:55 AM
District 8-3a is reminding me of district 8-3a back in 2008. If you look at the thread from that year about it there was just as much action on the thread. Also that year district 8-3a went 2-1 against 7-3a maybe a little history on the side of 8-3a lol.