PDA

View Full Version : Free Iphone apps?

Gsquared
05-15-2012, 08:05 AM
Which ones are the bestest?

Farmersfan
05-15-2012, 08:17 AM
Beware the "Free App"! Nothing is free in this world.................

Old Tiger
05-15-2012, 08:18 AM
Games: Temple Run, Words With Friends, Draw Something, Fruit Ninja, and Angry Birds

Here are some just general decent apps

iFunny - memes
Lone Star(Beer) Puzzlecaps - To guess or look up puzzles from bottle caps of Lone Star beers
Shazam - takes a small sampling of a song and tells you what the song title and artist are
Gas Buddy - cheapest gas in your area
Scorecenter - ESPN app that has scores and stuff. You can personalize.
Pandora - free internet radio(by artist, genre, etc)
iheartradio - free internet radio(by radio station

Gsquared
05-15-2012, 08:20 AM
Games: Temple Run, Words With Friends, Draw Something, Fruit Ninja, and Angry Birds

iFunny - memes
Lone Star(Beer) Puzzlecaps - To guess or look up puzzles from bottle caps of Lone Star beers
Shazam - takes a small sampling of a song and tells you what the song title and artist are

Thanks OT!

Old Tiger
05-15-2012, 08:26 AM
I heard the best case to get on the market right now is the Lifeproof case. It runs $80 but is waterproof. A girl I know had it and she set her phone in a cup of water and it rang and she took it out shook it off and the phone was fine. The company also sales replacement o-rings, front covers, and a headphone connector that is waterproof so you can listen to music in the water.

Also they are not as thick as the otterbox.

http://www.lifeproof.com/

SintonFan
05-15-2012, 12:21 PM

iFunny - memes

Sound hound > Shazam

Emerson1
05-15-2012, 12:56 PM
Sound hound > Shazam
This.

Plus Friday Night Rivals and the HS Gametime App.

Old Tiger
05-15-2012, 01:02 PM
This.

Plus Friday Night Rivals and the HS Gametime App.I need to check out sound hound it seems. I just gave a generic list.

Saggy Aggie
05-15-2012, 02:05 PM
I'd also recommend getting the app for whichever bank you use and also your cell phone providers app.

For example, I have my Citibank and Verizon apps so I can check my account, transfer money and pay my cell phone bill among other things

SintonFan
05-15-2012, 03:36 PM
Voxer is f f f f un and free. Walkie talkie app.
Also, for 4 bucks you can get GoSkyWatch, best night sky app imho. For 99cents Night Sky is pretty decent.

bigwood33
05-16-2012, 04:37 AM
AroundMe is very helpful (I use it regularly)
Mapquest can be handy
Hudl (always nice to watch a little football)
Dragon Dictation (I don't use it as much as I should but this is "voice to text or voice to email)

Old Tiger
05-16-2012, 08:56 AM
AroundMe is very helpful (I use it regularly)
Mapquest can be handy
Hudl (always nice to watch a little football)
Dragon Dictation (I don't use it as much as I should but this is "voice to text or voice to email)Why would you use mapquest when you can use google maps?