PDA

View Full Version : Disturbing News out of Prosper

BaseballUmp
05-14-2012, 05:25 PM
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Five-Prosper-High-School-Students-Arrested-in-Sexual-Assault-151436265.html

All I can say is wow

ctown81
05-14-2012, 06:01 PM
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Five-Prosper-High-School-Students-Arrested-in-Sexual-Assault-151436265.html

All I can say is wow

That's all I can say too. I hope all involved get helped big time.

bigwood33
05-14-2012, 06:45 PM
Bad business

regaleagle
05-14-2012, 08:18 PM
And Argyle has a playoff game with brother Tori, Jr. on the team starting Thurs. I don't even know if Darius was on the team or not.

bigwood33
05-14-2012, 08:23 PM
I saw them earlier in the year and I don't remember seeing him.

bobcat1
05-14-2012, 10:02 PM
That's terrible. Absolutely terrible.

Manso/V8
05-14-2012, 10:28 PM
Suburbia

MoveInDad
05-14-2012, 10:38 PM
That's all I can say too. I hope all involved get helped big time.
I hope you mean the victim(s)

bigwood33
05-14-2012, 11:11 PM

My guess is that PRISON is the "help" that the perpetrators will get. The article didn't say it but it sounded like a gang rape. There are at least 6 young lives ruined. I hope the victim gets the help she needs in order to be able to live a happy, productive life.

bobcat4life
05-14-2012, 11:31 PM
So much for #teamsnapback

jason
05-15-2012, 07:46 AM
did any of you read the comments?

Old Tiger
05-15-2012, 08:21 AM
did any of you read the comments?ol Pfeifer sounds like he's in the know or wants to be

SHSBulldog00
05-15-2012, 10:43 AM
I feel bad for everyone involved in the Prosper community over the last few.

ctown81
05-15-2012, 03:36 PM

For both. Like it or not IF these boys did this, at some point they will be out of prison and be part of society once again and I'd rather that be rehabilitated at that point.

I will wait to see how this plays out. Innocent until proven guilty.

Ranger Mom
05-15-2012, 10:23 PM

That's what I wondered myself! I thought, while reading the article, that there had to be more to the story. It's an unfortunate situation all the way around. Very rarely do I believe 100% that the "victim" is telling the whole truth in a case like this. I had 4 boys, I know how some of those 15 y/o girls can act! Not saying that this is the case here...but it sounds like it's pretty much her word against theirs. The "unlawful restraint" charge was pretty telling though!

Ernest T Bass
05-15-2012, 10:31 PM
So much for #teamsnapback

How ironic that you said that.

bobcat4life
05-15-2012, 10:55 PM
How ironic that you said that.
Lol they called thier little group of friends "team snapback" and thought they were the hottest thing to ever walk the earth. Spreading nude pictures around the school of teenage girls. They were some real winners lol

ctown81
05-16-2012, 09:14 AM

How do you view the comments? I don't see them at the bottom of the page.

ctown81
05-16-2012, 09:56 AM
How do you view the comments? I don't see them at the bottom of the page.

nevermind. I just found out a little more about the story. Smh.

Txbroadcaster
05-16-2012, 09:59 AM
IMO dont assume either way yet..just because someone post a comment does not make it true, and same with just because they were arrested does not make it true

ctown81
05-16-2012, 10:06 AM
IMO dont assume either way yet..just because someone post a comment does not make it true, and same with just because they were arrested does not make it true

That's true but either way, but I think the metroplex is going to have to put up with Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson really soon.

Phil C
05-16-2012, 10:18 AM
Bad business. Whether the girl was willing or not may or may not be relevant depending on how old she is. Just a bad situation and no doubt a made for tv movie coming soon.

ctown81
05-16-2012, 10:24 AM
Bad business. Whether the girl was willing or not may or may not be relevant depending on how old she is. Just a bad situation and no doubt a made for tv movie coming soon.

That's the thing. The girl is 15. At first I thought it was a small child.

Phil C
05-16-2012, 10:28 AM
That's the thing. The girl is 15. At first I thought it was a small child.

Also ctown81 at least the older if not all the boy should have known better. I remember when I was their age there was an old saying "16 will get you 20." And it didn't take a rocket scientist to know what that meant.

Matthew328
05-16-2012, 10:29 AM
lots of moving parts with this story....it will be interesting to see what happens...is it a rape, is it some girls who were doing things they weren't supposed to and their parents found out?? Is it a little of both? Were drugs involved?? Lots of unanswered questions...

Matthew328
05-16-2012, 10:31 AM
Also ctown81 at least the older if not all the boy should have known better. I remember when I was their age there was an old saying "16 will get you 20." And it didn't take a rocket scientist to know what that meant.

True but when I was 17 I was willing to take the risk....I had a 15 year old g/f for a while..I knew I could get in trouble but it didnt stop me..a horny teenage boy and a willing girl is an impossible combo to beat

ctown81
05-16-2012, 10:44 AM

I understand the law but if the state is so adamant about that, they shouldn't be allowing them socialize in schools. Like Matthew said, I 've been 17 and horny before and I think with them being together and socializing in schools doesn't help matters at all. It's not unusual for seniors to date lower classmen.

Matthew328
05-16-2012, 10:52 AM
not sure how they can do this but there's got to be some kind of common sense applied to the law..is a 17 year old senior REALLY a sex offender for sleeping with a 15 or 16 year old sophomore?? Is it wrong..yes..but is he a sex offender?

Old Tiger
05-16-2012, 11:50 AM
It seems as times pass by the chicks get slutier and slutier. Maybe with cell phones and technology it just easier to prove how slutty a girl is.

orange machine
05-16-2012, 11:54 AM
What will make this work is if she ends up pregnant. Could you imagine trying to find out who is the dad???

Phil C
05-16-2012, 12:10 PM
what will make this work is if she ends up pregnant. Could you imagine trying to find out who is the dad???

dna.

Old Tiger
05-16-2012, 12:21 PM
http://www.thedailyrash.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Maury-Povich.jpg

MoveInDad
05-16-2012, 12:23 PM
It seems as times pass by the chicks get slutier and slutier. Maybe with cell phones and technology it just easier to prove how slutty a girl is.Wow, you obviously have no children, especially daughters, without looking at your profile, your comment suggests you're 14... though it seems to indicate you've been around.

Old Tiger
05-16-2012, 12:52 PM
Wow, you obviously have no children, especially daughters, without looking at your profile, your comment suggests you're 14... though it seems to indicate you've been around.It's true girls aren't just victims anymore.

Matthew328
05-16-2012, 01:07 PM
I have 3 daughters and I see it..girls are much faster than they were when I was a kid..I see the stuff they wear, the things they say....its scary

MoveInDad
05-16-2012, 01:46 PM
I have 3 daughters and I see it..girls are much faster than they were when I was a kid..I see the stuff they wear, the things they say....its scary
Girls have never been just victims Tiger... Beaver Cleaver was not an immaculate conception. Mathew, yes girls have have changed their style, as have boys, and their roles in society has evolved... forgive me, but I'm sure you're not saying your daughters are sluts because of current styles, language and a broadly more open and equal society.
I have a daughter as well as you could guess, and sometimes I think she wears too much makeup for her age (14), but she is smart, responsible, respectful and I trust her to make the right decisions regarding her friends and her lifestyle... what else can one do.

Matthew328
05-16-2012, 02:02 PM
I'm not saying my daughters are sluts but I worry about the company they keep and the influences around them...its a concern w/o question..

RoyceTTU
05-16-2012, 02:19 PM
http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlodocs/82R/billtext/html/SB00198F.htm

If i remember correctly this isn't a "statutory rape" case. The way the new law is, even if either party is underage, if the age difference is less than 4 years then it throws that law out.

As for "rape" charges or whatever......who knows how this will play out.

Pick6
05-16-2012, 02:48 PM
I have 2 daughters, 1 graduating this year and one in 8th grade. So far they haven't given me anything to worry about. They know what is appropriate to wear and know places they shouldn't be. They have been taught to make decisions on their own and so far, thank God, they have made very good decisions. I pray to God that that will continue as they get older. To many parents these days don't have children, they have young friends. Parents need to know where their children are...at all times.

orange machine
05-16-2012, 03:27 PM
http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlodocs/82R/billtext/html/SB00198F.htm

If i remember correctly this isn't a "statutory rape" case. The way the new law is, even if either party is underage, if the age difference is less than 4 years then it throws that law out.

As for "rape" charges or whatever......who knows how this will play out.

If she was not willing then its aggravated sexual assault because of the number of boys to her one self.

LHPfactory
05-16-2012, 04:43 PM
not sure how they can do this but there's got to be some kind of common sense applied to the law..is a 17 year old senior REALLY a sex offender for sleeping with a 15 or 16 year old sophomore?? Is it wrong..yes..but is he a sex offender?

There is an affirmative defense to prosecution if there is no more than 3 years difference between the involved and both are in school. The defense to prosecution will have be brought up. So there is an exception to the law. However, A 18 old with a 15 year old girlfriend will have to register as a sex offender just like Chester the molester if prosecuted (unless its exactly 3 years or less, 3 years and 1 day, time to register). Sex with someone 13 and under is aggravated sexual assault of a child and sex with someone 14-16 is sexual assault of a child. The law should better divide how things are classified.

That being said, if it was a forced sexual encounter (with out consent of the victim), then it is sexual assault of a child and the 3 year or less defense is moot.

coachc45
05-16-2012, 06:35 PM
The newer reports make it sound like the charges are all dealing with different incidents. The Hunter kid is alleged to have pulled a girl into a closet and forced her to perform oral sex on him.

It also seems that the group made a habit, allegedly, of inviting girls to their house and drugging them and then having sex with them.

Its a pretty sordid deal.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2012/05/prosecutors-say-prosper-high-boys-formed-sex-club-drugged-girls.html/

Old Tiger
05-16-2012, 07:51 PM
Sounds like the girls liked free drugs and had sex with them then got caugt

bobcat1
05-16-2012, 07:58 PM
Sounds like the girls liked free drugs and had sex with them then got caugt Come on OT. Even you aren't that jaded. I pray you never have a little girl. Karma you know........

pirate4state
05-16-2012, 09:17 PM
Come on OT. Even you aren't that jaded. I pray you never have a little girl. Karma you know........

Just call him Howard Stern....:rolleyes:

regaleagle
05-16-2012, 10:11 PM
"Disturbing" was the right way to describe this incident, allright.

Enigma
05-16-2012, 11:05 PM
Sounds like the girls liked free drugs and had sex with them then got caugt

Not much into posting on here but comments like makes me wonder what kind of garbage we are producing in society these days. Jumping to these types of conclusions is infuriatating. While I do not know who initiated the accusations leading to the arrest I find it offensive that these girls have to defend themselves by because someone of notoriety is the accused. Let the process play out and if innocent then so be it.

RoyceTTU
05-16-2012, 11:39 PM
If she was not willing then its aggravated sexual assault because of the number of boys to her one self.Did you only rea the first few lines of what I wrote? I stated the only fact on this thread. Whateves

Manso/V8
05-16-2012, 11:40 PM
It seems as times pass by the chicks get slutier and slutier.

I am pretty sure it is "sluttier", with two t's.......but anyway, it is kind of a harsh word to apply to a 15 year old.
I understand your point, but I would prefer, stupid, misguided, or victim, depending on what actually happened.

Manso/V8
05-16-2012, 11:43 PM
There is an affirmative defense to prosecution if there is no more than 3 years difference between the involved and both are in school. The defense to prosecution will have be brought up. So there is an exception to the law. However, A 18 old with a 15 year old girlfriend will have to register as a sex offender just like Chester the molester if prosecuted (unless its exactly 3 years or less, 3 years and 1 day, time to register). Sex with someone 13 and under is aggravated sexual assault of a child and sex with someone 14-16 is sexual assault of a child. The law should better divide how things are classified.

That being said, if it was a forced sexual encounter (with out consent of the victim), then it is sexual assault of a child and the 3 year or less defense is moot.

Sounds like you have had some experience in this area, or are you really Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law?

Manso/V8
05-17-2012, 12:07 AM
The newer reports make it sound like the charges are all dealing with different incidents. The Hunter kid is alleged to have pulled a girl into a closet and forced her to perform oral sex on him.

It also seems that the group made a habit, allegedly, of inviting girls to their house and drugging them and then having sex with them.

Its a pretty sordid deal.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2012/05/prosecutors-say-prosper-high-boys-formed-sex-club-drugged-girls.html/

I don't know if they are guilty of the charges, or drugged girls for the purpose of having sex with them as is "alleged" at this point. It is important to wait for the facts before drawing conclusions.

I do know this, at the very least these are dorky high school kids with misguided swag......did you see those matching turtlenecks in the crimeblog photos?

What about Team Snapback? Isn't a snapback a cap with the adjustable plastic strip in the back? That was their identity? I bet they wear their snapbacks tilted to the side.........turtlenecks and snapbacks, I doubt there is much male influence at home for these boys.

LHPfactory
05-17-2012, 11:00 AM
Sounds like you have had some experience in this area, or are you really Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law?

I work for the good guys.... :)

Old Tiger
05-17-2012, 11:19 AM
I will take it one step further and say I'm 99% sure these girls are white.

regaleagle
05-17-2012, 11:45 AM
The laws that come into play regarding this incident were designed for the purposes of protecting the innocent. I have no legal backround, but obviously information came to light that some laws we have here in the US to protect the innocent may have been encroached. Whether or not and by whom that occurred is still to be determined. An investigation is ongoing to present facts in a court of law to reach a decision regarding the culpablity of any of those that were involved in this incident. Until a decision is reached, all are presumed to be innocent of any offenses that some allege against the others.

LIONS#1
05-17-2012, 11:56 AM
I say hang their arse!!:kiss:

bobcat1
05-17-2012, 11:58 AM
I say hang their arse!!:kiss:Trying to avoid jury duty?:2thumbsup

SHSBulldog00
05-17-2012, 03:43 PM
Attorney in Prosper sex case says victim recanted allegations in phone call http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2012/05/attorney-in-prosper-sex-case-says-victim-recanted-allegations-in-phone-call.html/

Old Tiger
05-17-2012, 05:09 PM
white girls momma and daddy found out they were mixing salt and pepper and didn't agree girls freaked out.

Matthew328
05-17-2012, 06:28 PM
today's news is quite interesting...especially if the phone call was recorded

regaleagle
05-17-2012, 11:16 PM
Let's see...the report of alleged sexual misconduct made news on Monday. Today is Thurs. The recorded phone call came on Wednesday. Yep, interesting time line allright!!! Wouldn't be near as interesting had it not involved a name of some notoriety, nor maybe this last bit of news from a big-time lawyer. Yes, very interesting, indeed!

Matthew328
05-18-2012, 12:05 AM
white girls momma and daddy found out they were mixing salt and pepper and didn't agree girls freaked out.

This could be a player also.

coachc45
05-18-2012, 08:31 AM
I don't know if they are guilty of the charges, or drugged girls for the purpose of having sex with them as is "alleged" at this point. It is important to wait for the facts before drawing conclusions.

I do know this, at the very least these are dorky high school kids with misguided swag......did you see those matching turtlenecks in the crimeblog photos?

What about Team Snapback? Isn't a snapback a cap with the adjustable plastic strip in the back? That was their identity? I bet they wear their snapbacks tilted to the side.........turtlenecks and snapbacks, I doubt there is much male influence at home for these boys.

Wow... Hats?

ctown81
05-21-2012, 08:29 AM
I spoke to some people at a basketball tournament in Frisco yesterday who are close to the situation. It seems that the girls lawyers advised her family to drop the charges. This may or many not be old news. I haven't kept up with this story in the past week.

house
05-23-2012, 05:13 PM
Contrary to the earlier post who claimed to be an attorney, there is an affirmative defense to the sexual assault charge if the act was consentual and there was not more than three years difference in the ages. The two year rule went out several years ago. That 3 years means 365 times 3. I hope this matter doesn't end up like the Kobe Bryant sexual assault. That poor woman received death threats and finally caved. If this was a victim at the hands of a lot of powerful people, she has a serious up hill battle. She would have to be really strong to fight this one through. Her lawyers may warn her of this and suggest she take a fat check. Sad. If there was truely a sexual assault, she should get a fat check and these animals should go to jail for a considerable amount of time. The fact they are spoiled shouldn't be a factor. Whatever happened, we all know there will be a final justice in the end.