PDA

View Full Version : Waco Trib and Robinson

cl8114
10-10-2002, 01:14 PM
I felt a sudden sickness come over me when I read the Waco Trib today and saw an article about 5-0 Robinson and how they are already having dreams of winning a State Championship. 5-0 big deal, who have you played? You are 2-0 in 17-AAA and you haven't even played Hillsboro, Gatesville, China Spring, or LaVega. I just think this article is pretty rediculous consideriing the fact that there is a chance if they make the playoffs they will have to play Marlin in Bi-District. I could see this article if Robinson was 10-0 but after 5-0 and wins over two of 17-AAA's lesser opponents come on. I hope the same Hillsboro team that played Gatesville in the 4th quarter comes out this Friday and smashes this non sense that the people of Southeast Waco are talking about. You do realize if you want the State Championship there are 11 more weeks of football you have play and 6 of those you can't lose.

www.wacotrib.com/sports/content/sports (http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/content/sports) web page (http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/content/sports)

RocketPlayer
10-10-2002, 10:54 PM
Nobody cares what you think. It's an article published by the Waco Trib, not the Robinson Rockets. We went 2-7 last year, if you do not remember, and we were selected to finish next to last in district. You know, we are the suprise team of 17-AAA, and I don't see what your deal is, but get a life. You don't seem to know that EVERY high school football team dreams of a state championship. We'll just have to try and make a point tommorow night in Hillsboro. But I know that if we win or lose, we played like champions. "Rockets Never Quit."

<small>[ October 10, 2002, 11:03 PM: Message edited by: RocketPlayer ]</small>

Titans
10-11-2002, 10:11 AM
Hillsboro...where's the love man?

You know the Waco Tribune Herald couldn't do a story on the Eagles. Give credit where credit is due.

Besides, don't you think it would be wise to wait until you play Robinson before you start talking smack????

Oh, I forget...you have the Hillsboro edumacation.

cl8114
10-11-2002, 01:54 PM
Actually I am not from Hillsboro, and I am not Hillsboro Eagle fan at all. I saw my team give up the only win to Hillsboro and I know that they can do the same thing to Robinson. I know Robinson has had a turn around season this year but the article should not start off by talking about a State Championship. Every team in the state dreams of a state championship, but in order to obtain it you have to play week to week and talk about the darn thing after 5 weeks of football. I have seen a state championship team first hand and I know that they didn't get a write up in the Waco Trib after week 5 talking about state champioship and they were state semi-finalist the year before. All I am saying is that the Waco Trib is blowing a 5-0 record out of poportion and should realize that Robinson has a tough schedule in front of them. Write an article about Robinson I don't care but a State Championship is out the picture right now for them. By the way if you haven't realize by now I am from Gatesville and I do know that the Hornets will be ready for the Rockets.