PDA

View Full Version : Audie Murphy's Final Movie scene.

Phil C
05-14-2012, 10:39 AM
With Memorial Day coming up I thought I would share this with you while it is still on youtube. Audie Murphy was the most decorated WW2 hero and a great movie actor who was mostly in good westerns. This movie made in 1969 was called A Time for Dying and about a young farm hand who is talented with guns. Audie Murphy produced and also appeared in the movie for about 4 1/2 minutes and this is shown below. The movie is only about 70 minutes long and was directed and written by the outstanding Budd Boetticher. Unfortunately it was never released in theatres or shown on tv from what I can gather. The acting was criticised (not Audie Murphy's though) and the movie never made it. I think mostly because by 1969 the time for these type of movies had run its course more than it was because of it being a bad movie but remember I haven't seen it. Murphy does a great job in this final scene and he acting stood well above the others and thankfully at least this scene is available. Audie does a great job in his scene and too bad he couldn't have lived to have done more. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2M6h3vwKUs

Phil C
05-14-2012, 11:29 AM
This is another scene from the same movie featuring Audie Murphy's oldest son (Terry Murphy) who was about 17 years old at the time. He plays Sonny who is on trial for horse stealing.
Famous character actor Victor Jory plays presiding Judge Roy Bean. It is a tough scene that shows how serious a crime horse stealing was back then. A good job by Terry and Jory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hirnf4tifKE

defense51
05-15-2012, 02:12 AM
Truly an American legend!

regaleagle
05-18-2012, 12:54 AM
And a TEXAS legend.

Phil C
11-20-2012, 12:12 AM
Good news as the movie is now available on youtube but I don't know how long it will be on. You can get by going to youtube and then on search type in a time for dying audie murphy. It is not a great movie but you may want to watch for the historical interest. Audie is only on for five minutes at about the 42nd mark but he made his scene count.

Phil C
11-20-2012, 09:30 AM
Two much much better Audie Murphy movies are on youtube. Just type in on search Posse From Hell for one (which also has John Saxon and Vic Morror) and Ride Clear of Diablo which also has Dan Duryea.

Phil C
11-20-2012, 12:02 PM
The quote below is from Wikipedia - Audie Murphy. Basically he was an Aggie.

February 12, 1949 – During special and unprecedented ceremonies at Texas A&M University, Murphy became the first honorary cadet Colonel in the history of the institution, thus making him an Aggie.

Hendo
12-07-2012, 10:18 AM