3A Region 1 District 7

Stephenville - 999
Alvarado - 974
Venus - 516
Glen Rose - 511
Hillsboro - 458

Rank the district
Who is the best?

Wonder who will win this district? Lol That is kind of a lopsided enrollment district. Wonder what 1000 student team will be D2?

defense51
05-14-2012, 11:39 AM
1. Stephenville
2. Alvarado
3. Glen Rose
4. Venus
5. Hillsboro

As bad a I hate to admit this, Stephenville has to be the favorite. That being said I think they will be surprised when they play us at home, Alvarado's football program is vastly improved since the last time these teams played one another. Glen Rose should have another good team, they brought it last year when we met in week 10 and thoroughly impressed me. Venus continues to improve, but likely only wins one district game against Hillsboro.

Ville-D
05-14-2012, 01:46 PM
Top 3: Stephenville, Alvarado and GR

That's a hot sports opinion.

Ville-D
05-14-2012, 01:48 PM
Wonder who will win this district? Lol That is kind of a lopsided enrollment district. Wonder what 1000 student team will be D2?

I guess it would be Alvarado since it is impossible for Stephenville to go D2.

defense51
05-15-2012, 06:01 AM
I guess it would be Alvarado since it is impossible for Stephenville to go D2.

I'm going out on a limb here and agreeing with Ville-D on this one.

Gone Fishing
05-15-2012, 07:31 AM

My bad, meant to say D-1 Lol

toddg
05-16-2012, 01:24 PM
1. Stephenville
2. Alvarado
3. Glen Rose
4. Venus
5. Hillsboro

As bad a I hate to admit this, Stephenville has to be the favorite. That being said I think they will be surprised when they play us at home, Alvarado's football program is vastly improved since the last time these teams played one another. Glen Rose should have another good team, they brought it last year when we met in week 10 and thoroughly impressed me. Venus continues to improve, but likely only wins one district game against Hillsboro.

the Alvarado/Stephenville game will be a good one...lookingg fwd to seeing your son introducing himself to the Jacket QB.

Ville-D
05-16-2012, 02:33 PM
the Alvarado/Stephenville game will be a good one...lookingg fwd to seeing your son introducing himself to the Jacket QB.

You mean in the pre-game hand shake... right? :thinking:

I am ready for the game too. It should be a good one. Hopefully we both make it there with no major injuries. Last year by Game 4 we had lost two 3 year defensive starters and two 3 year offensive starters.

toddg
05-16-2012, 02:56 PM

I am ready for the game too. It should be a good one. Hopefully we both make it there with no major injuries. Last year by Game 4 we had lost two 3 year defensive starters and two 3 year offensive starters.

of course thats what i meant:cool: LOL!

any idea who ya'lls RB is going to be? and what pos. will Stidham be playing this year?

Ville-D
05-16-2012, 05:36 PM
of course thats what i meant:cool: LOL!

any idea who ya'lls RB is going to be? and what pos. will Stidham be playing this year?

Witt Westbrook (SR) will be the RB - He was moved from LB to RB last year after our #1 RB went down.

Right now Jarrett Stidham (SO) is at WR. He is a beast at any position they ask him to play.

defense51
05-16-2012, 05:40 PM

Hopefully that handshake will be him helping the QB up after the first of many sacks. I'm looking forward to it and hope to see both teams meet at 100% also.

regaleagle
05-16-2012, 10:00 PM
I think after Stephenville gets their legs under them in 3A, it will be easier for them to fill out their schedule in coming years. The first year, everything is new for everybody, and it's naturally difficult for a newcomer to the classification to be accepted with open arms. After a few good quality games against some 3A contenders, and getting whupped up on in basketball and baseball, maybe track too, Stephenville ought to fit right in just fine. For a couple of years anyway.

Ville-D
05-16-2012, 11:41 PM
Hopefully that handshake will be him helping the QB up after the first of many sacks. I'm looking forward to it and hope to see both teams meet at 100% also.

What grade will your son be in? Position? Number? Size?

Ville-D
10-24-2012, 11:02 PM
I bet you could make one heck of an all-star team from this district.

Ville-D
10-24-2012, 11:04 PM

Did that ever happen in the game?

defense51
10-25-2012, 04:21 AM
Did that ever happen in the game?

Unfortunately no, he's just a sophomore so he has another couple of years to get acquainted with the Jackets QB.

Ville-D
10-25-2012, 08:17 AM
Unfortunately no, he's just a sophomore so he has another couple of years to get acquainted with the Jackets QB.

I knew they got to him a couple of times I just didn't remember who it was.

hollywood
10-25-2012, 01:18 PM
Tomorrow night will set the fate for AV and GR. I wouldn't be surprised to see both teams in the D2 Regional finals facing off for a 2nd time! :2thumbsup:

Smitty
10-25-2012, 05:54 PM
Tomorrow night will set the fate for AV and GR. I wouldn't be surprised to see both teams in the D2 Regional finals facing off for a 2nd time! :2thumbsup:

Going out on a limb here......I believe three teams from 7-3A will be in 3A Region I Finals.

defense51
10-25-2012, 06:40 PM
What grade will your son be in? Position? Number? Size?

Guess I never saw this... He's a sophomore, D-line (end), #51

83Indian
10-25-2012, 08:56 PM
Going out on a limb here......I believe three teams from 7-3A will be in 3A Region I Finals.

I agree. Wylie goes D1 and I think there is a really good chance this will happen

hollywood
11-01-2012, 11:15 AM
I agree. Wylie goes D1 and I think there is a really good chance this will happen

Yep, as the season started I thought it would end up...

1. Stephenville
2. Alvarado
3. Glen Rose

... After wathcing Glen Rose play Fairfield, I thought nope.

1. Stephenville
2. Glen Rose
3. Alvarado

Now, I have a strong opinion that all 3 will be in the 3A Region 1 finals.

Stephenville vs Abilene Wylie in D1
Glen Rose and Alvarado in D2

Who's got something to say about that? :1popcorn:

Cam
11-01-2012, 11:38 AM

1. Stephenville
2. Alvarado
3. Glen Rose

1. Stephenville
2. Glen Rose
3. Alvarado

NOT ME!...I ain't takin' you on!....Specially after some BW folks told me you were a genius and crazy at the same time!! That is a scary combination indeed!........:D

toddg
11-01-2012, 12:01 PM

1. Stephenville
2. Alvarado
3. Glen Rose

1. Stephenville
2. Glen Rose
3. Alvarado

my money and heart is on Alvarado! my freshman son's football fate is in the hands of coach Dixon, and i wouldnt want it anywhere else..so im excited for this years playoffs and the next 3 seasons as well...make that the next several seasons as my 2 younger sons make their way up too..couple that with me being an Alvarado Alum.. I am fully invested!!!

hollywood
11-01-2012, 02:32 PM
NOT ME!...I ain't takin' you on!....Specially after some BW folks told me you were a genius and crazy at the same time!! That is a scary combination indeed!........:D

Lol.. Phsychotic! :evillol:

:D