PDA

View Full Version : China Spring vs Jasper

Rabid Cougar
05-13-2012, 07:11 PM
No information as to where this will be played yet. The only team that both teams have played is Hudson, Jasper split with them in District and China Spring swept them in Area Round.

jdawg2012
05-13-2012, 08:20 PM
I'm not sure on this one. I'm confident for us with the way we've been hitting the ball. In 4 games we have 34 runs scored. I just dont know anything about China Spring. If I'm honest, I didn't even know where they were located until I Googled it after I found out we were playing them. Kinda surprised me when I saw how far away they are and they're still in our Region.

Rabid Cougar
05-13-2012, 09:46 PM
Very far north west corner of Region 3. Region 1 is right across the river. I know where Jasper is and cannot believe it is not in Louisiana.

Don't think you have faced a legit 92 mile an hour lefty in the past four games.

Yoe_09
05-13-2012, 10:04 PM
I am going to give the edge China Spring in this one. I believe Wynn on the mound will be the difference. Is the crafty type soph. still the #2?

Rabid Cougar
05-13-2012, 11:12 PM
Don't know if I'd call him crafty. But yes he is No.2

Rabid Cougar
05-13-2012, 11:24 PM
I am going to give the edge China Spring in this one. I believe Wynn on the mound will be the difference. Is the crafty type soph. still the #2?

Wynn is undefeated and has a .33 ERA and 97 strikeouts.

Yoe_09
05-14-2012, 10:56 AM
Don't know if I'd call him crafty. But yes he is No.2

I hadn't seen him pitch that much, but from what I have heard, he has some pretty good off-speed stuff. What is his fastball at?

Rabid Cougar
05-14-2012, 11:12 AM
I hadn't seen him pitch that much, but from what I have heard, he has some pretty good off-speed stuff. What is his fastball at?
Don't know, fast enough to make his off speed effective. He is not overpowering but has with a decent strike out ration Also not afraid to let his defense work for him.

Really hoping that the coaches can come to a mutual agreement on a neutral site like College Station of Conroe.

Yoe_09
05-14-2012, 11:18 AM
Hmm.

I do believe it benefits Jasper with a 3-gamer(if it is), but I am still taking CS in 2.

jdawg2012
05-14-2012, 04:01 PM
At 3:00 today (Monday) coaches are still talking. Must be some serious negotiating going on.

As for us facing 90+MPH. All season it has been the faster the pitching, the more we hit. If it's slow we're hitting it out front, getting under it and popping out. Our best game was when we faced 88. No pop outs and very few ground outs.

j_dog
05-14-2012, 04:22 PM
At 3:00 today (Monday) coaches are still talking. Must be some serious negotiating going on.

As for us facing 90+MPH. All season it has been the faster the pitching, the more we hit. If it's slow we're hitting it out front, getting under it and popping out. Our best game was when we faced 88. No pop outs and very few ground outs.
I don't know about all that. But I pick Jasper to win because the Rain God is on their side. Not only did the rain stay away so that Jasper could get in its two games against Madisonville, the Rain God smiled because Jasper won. Shortly after the second game was finished, it began a heavy rain. As I was driving from the Lufkin stadium, I looked up and there was a big, beautiful rainbow. That was the sign, and that is why I am picking Jasper to win in three. Or one; depending on how the games are played.

As for the hard throwers, in years past, even Homer Bailey from LaGrange did not shut out Jasper. And he was throwing a lot harder than 92 mph. Last I heard he was pitching somewhere in the majors.

From 18-3a Hudson played China Spring competitively and Diboll played Robinson competitively, and led for more innings than did Robinson. Jasper split with both Hudson and Diboll losing to each by one run. I can understand China Spring being the favorite in most peoples minds, but I do expect it to be a close, competitive series. Can hardly wait to see where the game or games will be played.

Rabid Cougar
05-14-2012, 08:53 PM
Games are Friday at 6:00 pm and the second game 30 minutes after the first in Brenham. "If" game will be at 12 noon Saturday in Brenham. This is due to China Springs Prom on Saturday night.

Bailey was an awesome high school pitcher and also a right hander. 92 mile and hour leftys are different animals.

regaleagle
05-14-2012, 10:20 PM
This is one of those matches where you just don't know what might happen, but my guess is there will be some hitting and good baseball played in this one. Good luck to each team. There's no way I'm picking a winner here.

regaleagle
05-14-2012, 10:23 PM
Ok, I just can't let this one go by...Jasper in 3.:cool:

jdawg2012
05-14-2012, 10:37 PM
Ok, I just can't let this one go by...Jasper in 3.:cool:

Thank you very much sir. :iagree:

j_dog
05-14-2012, 10:42 PM
Bailey was an awesome high school pitcher and also a right hander. 92 mile and hour leftys are different animals.
You are right about that. And Bailey is irrelevant to this game. I just threw that in. Good luck to your team!

j_dog
05-14-2012, 10:57 PM
You are right about that. And Bailey is irrelevant to this game. I just threw that in. Good luck to your team!
On second thought, Jasper hit that home run off Bailey at ...... Blinn Stadium in Brenham. So maybe ?? No, no one knows for sure. Over the years, Jasper has beaten pitchers that went on to college and major league fame. Probably the most notable: Nolan Ryan from Alvin. Calvin Schiraldi from Westlake. Then Jasper has had major league draftees and future major league players lose to no-name junk pitchers. You can figure the odds, but you just never know for sure. That is why they play the games.

Rabid Cougar
05-15-2012, 09:00 AM
Ball games are at Fireman's Park.

PappaBear
05-15-2012, 09:49 AM
Is first game at 5 or 6?

jdawg2012
05-15-2012, 10:10 AM
Is first game at 5 or 6?

5. With game 2 following.

jdawg2012
05-15-2012, 10:11 AM
We are spending the night in Brenham. So thankful for that. Id hate to get home at 4 in the morning and get 2 hours of sleep then have to go back and play at 12.

j_dog
05-15-2012, 03:06 PM
Ball games are at Fireman's Park.
well that knocks out that angle. guess we will just have to try to win the old fashioned way.

jdawg2012
05-15-2012, 03:26 PM
well that knocks out that angle. guess we will just have to try to win the old fashioned way.

I heard that its only about 315 in the corners. Not sure about center though.

j_dog
05-17-2012, 10:03 PM
I heard that its only about 315 in the corners. Not sure about center though.
how about the distances on the base paths?

Rabid Cougar
05-18-2012, 08:18 AM
Train tracks are closer to home plate than the center field fence.

jdawg2012
05-18-2012, 11:50 AM
how about the distances on the base paths?

I was pretty sure you were talking about homeruns. I was obvioulsy mistaken. No need to get smart.

Yoe_09
05-18-2012, 02:18 PM
We played at Fireman's Park twice last year. The fences did not seem too deep, and the ball carried well.

j_dog
05-18-2012, 03:25 PM
I was pretty sure you were talking about homeruns. I was obvioulsy mistaken. No need to get smart.
if i was being "smart" it was not aimed at you. Jasper baseball often is very much about somehow getting on base, then run, run, run. I would guess that pretty much works the same in any stadium. in other words, the "old fashioned" way is to steal, steal, steal. just a joke.

j_dog
05-18-2012, 03:26 PM
About to be off to the game. Good luck Dogs!

jdawg2012
05-18-2012, 11:23 PM
Jasper won game 1 9-8.
China Springs won game 2 13-7.

Game 3 Saturday at noon.

FB-fanatic
05-18-2012, 11:32 PM
Assume CS threw a lot of Sterling and Johnson. Ddi they burn any more pitchers?

bp80884
05-19-2012, 04:47 AM
Assume CS threw a lot of Sterling and Johnson. Ddi they burn any more pitchers?

They threw 2 additional pitchers in game 1. Game 2 started another Soph but not sure who else pitched as my wife was there but I am in West Virginia.

Rooting for the Cougars all the way up here!

Go Cougs!

j_dog
05-19-2012, 09:55 AM
if i was being "smart" it was not aimed at you. Jasper baseball often is very much about somehow getting on base, then run, run, run. I would guess that pretty much works the same in any stadium. in other words, the "old fashioned" way is to steal, steal, steal. just a joke.
I guess you could say that Jasper did "steal" game one. CS had 15 hits, Jasper had 3, yet Jasper won 9-8. You just never know about high school baseball! CS walked way too many, and also hit a few batters. That made up for the hits that Jasper did not get.

And Wynn did pitch in the first game. The coach brought him in apparently to be the "stopper"; and he walked in Jasper's winning run. Then CS brought in another pitcher. So Wynn is well rested for the game today. Looking forward to this game. For the brief time he was in the game, Jasper was making contact on his pitches. He did get one out on a hard hit grounder; then he walked in the run. He seemed to have control problems like the other CS pitchers. That will probably change today after he stays in long enough to get into a groove.

CS is loaded with ATHLETES for sure. Their center fielder snared several Jasper line drives that an ordinary outfielder would have let drop in for hits. And Wynn at first; he scooped up everything thrown anywhere near him. And the catcher; well don't try to run on him!

j_dog
05-19-2012, 01:19 PM
CS 7-1 to top of fifth. Doesn't look like Jasper is going to steal this one.

j_dog
05-19-2012, 02:01 PM
top of 7th. CS 7-2. Jasper has bases loaded. no out.

deja vu all over again?

j_dog
05-19-2012, 02:09 PM
top of 7th. CS 7-2. Jasper has bases loaded. no out.

deja vu all over again?
No, not to be.

Final. China Spring wins 7-3. Tough loss for Jasper. Congrats to CS.