PDA

View Full Version : More BIG 12 EXPANSION????

SHSBulldog00
05-13-2012, 11:46 AM
Of course we know the Big 12 will be adding TCU and West Virginia but I want to know some of your thought's on who the BIG 12 has recently targeted?

(Florida State, Miami, Louisville & Clemson)

Rabid Cougar
05-13-2012, 12:03 PM
Of course we know the Big 12 will be adding TCU and West Virginia but I want to know some of your thought's on who the BIG 12 has recently targeted?

(Florida State, Miami, Louisville & Clemson)

Baby puke orange and pumpkin orange on the same field will be bit much.

regaleagle
05-13-2012, 01:53 PM
Louisvile is a definite, I believe. Their football program has improved substantially over the last decade, and their basketball team is always very competitive.

westcoast54
05-13-2012, 05:30 PM
Why not Boise and Houston?

SHSBulldog00
05-13-2012, 05:32 PM
Why not Boise and Houston?

They want to tap into a new tv/recruiting venue.

Rabid Cougar
05-13-2012, 07:01 PM
They want to tap into a new tv/recruiting venue.
Clemson and Florida State? Clemson is like being in Brownwood. Tallahassee is not so big either. About the size of Waco and the surrounding area. Same for Louisville. You would think they would want Houston since its an Aggie strong hold.

bigwood33
05-13-2012, 08:30 PM
The Big 12 will likely never invite Boise. Mediocre academics, bad basketball and a terrible women's program make them less than interesting. Houston might be a little more interesting but some of the same issues as with Boise also make them less than ideal. Whoever they invite, there will have to be more than a good football program. I am not a fan but BYU could make some sense because they are what the others mentioned are not. I have always thought that Notre Dame would make a lot of sense but they like being independent in football. I would like to see an alliance with the football team (play 4 or 5 Big 12 teams a year) and add the rest of their programs into the conference. I know their field hockey and lacross teams are very good and because the Big 12 doesn't have those sports it may not be a fit. I agree that expansion will likely happen...it will certainly be interesting to see which direction they go.

Rabid Cougar
05-13-2012, 09:24 PM
The Big 12 will likely never invite Boise. Mediocre academics, bad basketball and a terrible women's program make them less than interesting. Houston might be a little more interesting but some of the same issues as with Boise also make them less than ideal. Whoever they invite, there will have to be more than a good football program. I am not a fan but BYU could make some sense because they are what the others mentioned are not. I have always thought that Notre Dame would make a lot of sense but they like being independent in football. I would like to see an alliance with the football team (play 4 or 5 Big 12 teams a year) and add the rest of their programs into the conference. I know their field hockey and lacross teams are very good and because the Big 12 doesn't have those sports it may not be a fit. I agree that expansion will likely happen...it will certainly be interesting to see which direction they go.

Baylor and Mulkey would never go for it. And don't think she doesn't have any pull.

bigwood33
05-13-2012, 09:28 PM
We will have to disagree on the amount of stroke a women's basketball coach whose team just got put on probation has. You can bet that they will want schools that have good women's programs. It will not be a football only decision...a mostly football decision but not only that.

Old Tiger
05-13-2012, 10:53 PM
Let's be honest here and say no team will be Invited with out dodds input.

SHSBulldog00
05-25-2012, 11:32 AM
Here is the latest

FSU and Clemson will join in 2014 and Notre Dame will partially join in 2014 with football coming when their TV deal with NBC runs out in 2015

Texas is blocking Louisville right now, not sure why though.

Nothing on Miami today.

FB-fanatic
05-25-2012, 12:40 PM
Some are saying "not so quick"....

Not Imminent (http://dallas.sbnation.com/texas-longhorns/2012/5/21/3033384/big-12-expansion-florida-state-notre-dame-clemson-moves-not-imminent)

Lion70
05-25-2012, 01:03 PM
Here is the latest

FSU and Clemson will join in 2014 and Notre Dame will partially join in 2014 with football coming when their TV deal with NBC runs out in 2015

Texas is blocking Louisville right now, not sure why though.

Nothing on Miami today.

LOL pipe dream well at least on the Irish

RoyceTTU
05-25-2012, 02:06 PM
Clemson and Florida State? Clemson is like being in Brownwood. Tallahassee is not so big either. About the size of Waco and the surrounding area. Same for Louisville. You would think they would want Houston since its an Aggie strong hold.

Your logic is short sighted. Think bigger.
Tech/TCU/UT have a stronghold on TV markets in Texas. I know aggie will have a stronghold of Houston but that doesn't mean these other games won't pull sets outta that market. UH won't pull that much out.

FSU and Clemson are pulling sets out of an un-tapped market. The chances of pulling more TV sets are way higher.