PDA

View Full Version : Boys baseball bracket busters

regaleagle
05-13-2012, 11:02 AM
In Region 2, Spring Hill and Carthage were victims this weekend to teams that were unranked and won in one-game matches. This opened up the brackets and allowed for other teams to have a better opportunity to win the region. Name some other "bracket buster" games that occurred this weekend in your region, even if it was played in a series instead of a one-gamer.

regaleagle
05-13-2012, 06:36 PM
I guess either no one wants to admit their team lost or there were no surprises or upsets except in Region 2. And the others understandably will not speak badly of a team that went down in defeat. Shouldn't have started this thread, as I now can see the pitfalls of it. At least no one responded, which speaks volumes in itself about our posters here. Congratulations on your sportsmanship, and shame on me for starting this thread.

Farmersfan
05-14-2012, 08:13 AM
Don't be too hard on yourself eagle! Sportsmanship and etiquette are just subjective behaviors that people use to help themselves come to terms with something they don't agree with.

As far as the subject of this thread goes, Wasn't Paris beating Lindale also a big upset? And I wonder what happened to all that superior East Texas speed? Is there even a team left in the playoffs from the woods? :redxpoke:

upper20
05-14-2012, 02:51 PM
I don't know about bracket busters, but impressed that Districts 2 and 29 still have all three teams standing. That ends this week as they begin facing each other.

pirate4state
05-14-2012, 03:43 PM
not 3A, but in 2A George West beat Refugio 6-5. Refugio was ranked 3rd and was undefeated.

catgut
05-14-2012, 10:42 PM
Don't be too hard on yourself eagle! Sportsmanship and etiquette are just subjective behaviors that people use to help themselves come to terms with something they don't agree with.

As far as the subject of this thread goes, Wasn't Paris beating Lindale also a big upset? And I wonder what happened to all that superior East Texas speed? Is there even a team left in the playoffs from the woods? :redxpoke:
Some people might have thought it a big upset by Paris beating Lindale but anyone who has watched the Taylor kid pitch this year should not have been surprised. Paris played a very tough predistrict schedule and then having to face Pleasant Grove a couple of times in district prepared them for the tough games.

j_dog
05-14-2012, 11:11 PM
perhaps not in Region II, but there is in Region III. Don't know if it is "superior" speed, but Jasper is from "the woods", and has a bit of speed on the base paths and in the field.

And Jasper might be considered a bit of a bracket buster. They are the third place team out of 18-3a. Have already taken out a second place team, and a first place team.

defense51
05-15-2012, 01:56 AM
Can someone explain the playoff best 2 of 3 series vs. one game elimination games? Is the single elimination games due to games being rained out or is their another scenario for this?

catgut
05-15-2012, 06:27 AM
Can someone explain the playoff best 2 of 3 series vs. one game elimination games? Is the single elimination games due to games being rained out or is their another scenario for this?If either coach wants one game then the coaches have to flip to determine if it's one game or two out of three. If game one can not be completed by midnight Friday, it reverts to a one game.

defense51
05-15-2012, 07:30 AM
Thank you catgut.

NastySlot
05-15-2012, 08:52 AM
not 3A, but in 2A George West beat Refugio 6-5. Refugio was ranked 3rd and was undefeated.

and I think Refugio's softball team was stunned also.

pirate4state
05-15-2012, 11:44 AM
and I think Refugio's softball team was stunned also.

you are correct by San Diego