PDA

View Full Version : Yoakum vs. Fredricksburg (Friday @ Unicorn Field)

YTBulldogs
05-13-2012, 06:26 AM
Yoakum wins 2 of three from Liberty Hill and advances. Will face Fredricksburg (1 game series) Friday at 7:30. Unicorn Field in NB.

Go get'em Dogs. Keep the dream alive guys. Proud of you Bulldogs. Nice crowd at prior series in Bastrop. Let's go fan's, let's pack the stands in this one too.

Snotbubbles
05-14-2012, 08:51 AM
Looks like F'burg won coin flip and elected for a one gamer and will ride their only horse from the mound. FB been pretty lucky winning coin flips I hear. Yoakum has a solid ace too. Should be interesting.

YTBulldogs
05-14-2012, 09:02 AM
Not a big fan of a one game playoff. But, it is what it is and Yoakum will be ready. Don't know much about Fredericksburg and this pitcher. Anyone care to enlighten me? Thanks.

YTBulldogs
05-15-2012, 01:14 PM
Thank goodness for our indoor facility. Rain, rain and more expected. Should be nice Friday though.

SHSBulldog00
05-15-2012, 02:35 PM
Flores is a 5'11 150lb. Right Handed Sr. Pitcher that throws his fastball between 90-92. In the playoffs he has shut out both Burnet (5-0) and Somerset (9-0). He will be tough to score on but don't let him get ahead in the count. If the Bulldogs can score an early run or two it would benefit them in the long haul. I heard that Hunter is getting the ball. This is a can't miss game; just wish it would have been a 3 game series.

YTBulldogs
05-15-2012, 07:43 PM
Flores is a 5'11 150lb. Right Handed Sr. Pitcher that throws his fastball between 90-92. In the playoffs he has shut out both Burnet (5-0) and Somerset (9-0). He will be tough to score on but don't let him get ahead in the count. If the Bulldogs can score an early run or two it would benefit them in the long haul. I heard that Hunter is getting the ball. This is a can't miss game; just wish it would have been a 3 game series.

Yes, shame Yoakum lost the coin flip. I'm a big believer in a best of three series in playoffs as well SHSBulldog00. But, F'Burg is gonna ride the horse and can't blame them if they don't have another pitcher. Bulldogs had a great practice today. I think the machine was set at 100 mph. They'll be ready. And yes, Hunter is getting the rock and he is capable of shutting them out as well. Fundamentals in fielding, smart base running and bunting will decide this one. Our boys are primed and ready to face this solid righty. He is respected by Yoakum I assure you. It's all business once they cross the lines, and move on in the playoffs. After how last year ended, they set a team goal and are on a mission to obtain it.

txsportswriter
05-15-2012, 07:48 PM
:ditto:
-'Little one'

YTBulldogs
05-15-2012, 08:06 PM
:ditto:
-'Little one'

"Lil'one" is gonna have to be a table setter. Get it started. Take it OPO, see pitches, get drilled by the 90 mph heater, put it in play and beat it out. Get on base via whatever it takes. He'll thrive on this challenge as all the DOGS will. They are very excited already. Coach said after the LH series, "I'll have them ready for this one". He's just as determined. Looked like a MLB workout today. All focused business at the drills. Enjoyed watching it.

txsportswriter
05-15-2012, 09:27 PM
Getting hit by mid 80 mph in the back in the 1st game of the LH series hurt. I can only imagine what it feels like to get hit with a mid-to-low 90 mph fast ball! lol :p
But I'am surely ready for this game and to face Mr. Flores

YTBulldogs
05-15-2012, 10:19 PM
Getting hit by mid 80 mph in the back in the 1st game of the LH series hurt. I can only imagine what it feels like to get hit with a mid-to-low 90 mph fast ball! lol :p
But I'am surely ready for this game and to face Mr. Flores

Well Blake, you and your buds keep that dream alive. Practice these next few days like it's Friday and focus at the task ahead and believe. You can do it.

Snotbubbles
05-16-2012, 07:25 AM
Heard Yoakum is bringing student buses Friday? Damn, Bulldogs serious. Should be one of the best matchups thus far in the playoffs at all classifications. I'll have to journey myself over from SA. Front row!!!! Been nice to see a Saturday game or two amongst these two teams. :(

YTBulldogs
05-16-2012, 07:53 PM
Last one leaving Yoakum, cut the lights. Great crowd is expected Bubbles. Have not heard about the buses, but-- would not be surprised if they didn't provide the student body some wheels up to NB. Dog's are so determined and had another sweet workout today. It's fun seeing these young men handling this situation before them (Flores) and determined to not let it ruin their long range goal.

Yoakum really is just now peaking. Great time to have all the cylinders firing at the same time, huh? They are not taking F'Burg for granted. It's all business and full focus this Friday first. Town is just a buzz with excitement. See ya there Bubbles. Better come early for a seat.

Gone Fishing
05-16-2012, 09:09 PM
Good luck to both teams, I should be pulling for Fred, but I'm going to have to "go out of district" on this one and pull for Yoakum YT !! I might just have to check the game out too, since NB is only 40 minutes from Wimberley.

regaleagle
05-16-2012, 10:51 PM
On the discussion board at 3a BB, I went ahead and made Yoakum my pick, too, YT. Just something about Yoakum being ranked early and finally putting it together in the last month. I'm thinking the team may have come together as a unit, playing together better now to keep it going. It's a one and done proposition for either team, so we shall see who will prevail in this tough one-gamer.

YTBulldogs
05-17-2012, 05:40 AM
Good luck to both teams, I should be pulling for Fred, but I'm going to have to "go out of district" on this one and pull for Yoakum YT !! I might just have to check the game out too, since NB is only 40 minutes from Wimberley.

Come on over GF. It will be a great game. Look me up. Since we are home, I think I'll be standing between 1b dugout and concession stand area. It will take some smart, having patience, fundamentally sound baseball to beat this talented pitcher, Flores. Hunter (our starter) needs a solid outing and just pitch his game and not try to match Flores. Hunter needs to hit his spots and work ahead and limit walks. Based on his bull pen sessions past few days----he's prepared, and is ready for this match up. Entire team is loose, relaxed and positive and have been prepared by the coaching staff for this one. Amazing how this team prepares/practice (stat's on opponents, what they do well and don't do well) compared to when I played back in the day. And, the facilities/equipment they use is even more impressive, then when I played on a rock infested infield. :)

Gone Fishing
05-17-2012, 08:26 AM
Come on over GF. It will be a great game. Look me up. Since we are home, I think I'll be standing between 1b dugout and concession stand area. It will take some smart, having patience, fundamentally sound baseball to beat this talented pitcher, Flores. Hunter (our starter) needs a solid outing and just pitch his game and not try to match Flores. Hunter needs to hit his spots and work ahead and limit walks. Based on his bull pen sessions past few days----he's prepared, and is ready for this match up. Entire team is loose, relaxed and positive and have been prepared by the coaching staff for this one. Amazing how this team prepares/practice (stat's on opponents, what they do well and don't do well) compared to when I played back in the day. And, the facilities/equipment they use is even more impressive, then when I played on a rock infested infield. :)

LOL I know about the rock infested infield, I played at Hays back in the 70's and we spent the first 30 minutes of every practice throwing rocks out of the infield before we started practice! Coaches rule.
I saw this guy pitch, Wimberley (average team at best) beat him the first game in district, so it can be done. Sounds like it will be a great match. Again good luck to your boys.

YTBulldogs
05-17-2012, 09:25 AM
Nice article on the Dogs. Good luck Yoakum.

http://www.advosports.com/news/2012/may/16/aa_hunter_051712_176533/

regaleagle
05-17-2012, 12:21 PM
Wow, YT! That's quite a leg kick Adam Hunter is displaying there in his wind-up. Good article too! Glad to see the Bulldogs getting the kind of support they are from the town and school for this one-gamer. Just wish more schools would get the same type of support for their baseball playoff teams. Kinda generates some excitement, don't it.

clhsdad
05-17-2012, 04:10 PM
Flores fastball is only part of his arsenal. He locates the ball well keeps it down and away works 86-88 mostly hit 90 couple times when I saw him pitch. Excellent off speed pitch if he gets ahead in the count he can be very tough. Should be a good one gamer anything can happen. I look for Yoakum to come out on top.

44INAROW
05-17-2012, 04:46 PM
Flores fastball is only part of his arsenal. He locates the ball well keeps it down and away works 86-88 mostly hit 90 couple times when I saw him pitch. Excellent off speed pitch if he gets ahead in the count he can be very tough. Should be a good one gamer anything can happen. I look for Yoakum to come out on top.

I hope you're right clhsdad - Good Luck to the Bulldogs!

YTBulldogs
05-18-2012, 09:03 AM
I hope you're right clhsdad - Good Luck to the Bulldogs!

Thanks 44 and same to Cuero.

YTBulldogs
05-18-2012, 03:57 PM
Heading out. Stop at Clear Springs for a pre-game meal then onto Unicorn Field. My the force be with us against that solid Flores fireballer. Dogs great week in preparing for him and I see confidence in those Bulldog eyes. No jitters at all. They been here before. All business, then Sweeny maybe at Victoria Riverside Stadium, in a best 2 of three series. Like it should be IMO.

NastySlot
05-18-2012, 05:06 PM
Heading out. Stop at Clear Springs for a pre-game meal then onto Unicorn Field. My the force be with us against that solid Flores fireballer. Dogs great week in preparing for him and I see confidence in those Bulldog eyes. No jitters at all. They been here before. All business, then Sweeny maybe at Victoria Riverside Stadium, in a best 2 of three series. Like it should be IMO.

I sorta agree the way it should be if you have quality pitching for a series over three days maybe four.....if not it could get ugly and lead to 10+ runs per team. one game too scary.

YTBulldogs
05-19-2012, 12:05 AM
Whew!!!!!!!!! What a game. Yoakum was leading 2-0 going to 7th. 2 unearned runs tied it. Yoakum wins 3-2 in 8th. Adam Hunter pitches 7.2, 02 ER. Solid outing. Super sophomore Timmy Blakeney closes the door. Matt Flores of F'Burg is the real deal. Yoakum did a good job on his heater, but--he had us on the big time hook he throws. Good kid and I wish him well in college. FB has nothing to hang their heads about. Classy club.

Yoakum will have to shore up a little miscues in the next series for sure. Most likely against one of the top ranked teams in Sweeny. But, they proved tonight, they can play with the elite hurlers in the state. They are getting better each game since district ended. So proud and excited.

Awesome crowd. Standing room only. Both sides packed the stands and were very vocal with spirit.