PDA

View Full Version : Josh Hamilton

Saggy Aggie
05-12-2012, 10:04 PM
Is on pace to hit 86 homers and drive in 195 runs, while hitting .402...

regaleagle
05-12-2012, 10:13 PM
I'm sure he would be happy to reach 40 homers and lead the Rangers in batting ave. That would be a tall order in itself, and then there's always the RBI count to consider. Somehow, I have a feeling this season will be one of many homers across baseball, lots of runs scored, and quite of few no-hitters too... a strange but exciting and unpredictable season. Just look what the "fighing Showalters" are doing. Who'd a thunk that this early.

orange machine
05-12-2012, 10:49 PM
Just think what the Rangers would be like if Cruz, Napoli and Kinsler were all hitting homers right now with Hamilton, holy cow that would be awesome. It however would be nice if Cruz could start hitting the dongs again.

regaleagle
05-12-2012, 11:43 PM
It's gonna be a loooong run to the end for the Rangers this year. These Angels are no pretenders, believe me! If you think last year was a fight, wait til we get to the dog days in July and August. Even if the Rangers do win the division, the Angels will still be in the playoffs and be a contender to deal with. They are not gonna go anywhere from here but UP in the standings. Pujols will start hitting, and they have improved their club over the off-season. They are committed as an organization, and that commitment should translate into more wins.

Rabid Cougar
05-13-2012, 09:26 AM
It's gonna be a loooong run to the end for the Rangers this year. These Angels are no pretenders, believe me! If you think last year was a fight, wait til we get to the dog days in July and August. Even if the Rangers do win the division, the Angels will still be in the playoffs and be a contender to deal with. They are not gonna go anywhere from here but UP in the standings. Pujols will start hitting, and they have improved their club over the off-season. They are committed as an organization, and that commitment should translate into more wins.

Angels won't make the playoffs. Two teams from the East will.

regaleagle
05-13-2012, 09:29 AM
Didn't they change the playoff format starting this year to include a 4th team in each league???

Farmersfan
05-14-2012, 09:08 AM

The Angels do have a few good players and many people were picking them to be a favorite to win it all. But those picks were based on the off season additions that so far hasn't really provided the punch they were expecting. The Angels finished the season last year 10 games behind the Rangers in second place in the division. Well guess what, the Rangers, Mariners and A's are all a lot better than last season. The Angels kept within distance of the Rangers last season by beating up on the A's and Mariners. That won't happen this year. Also consider this: The Rangers and Angels have really close offensive numbers at home this season. The Rangers have scored just 20 more runs at home than the Angels have. But on the road the Rangers have separated themselves. The Rangers have over 70 more runs and have dominated the Angels at road numbers. The Angels pitching staff is good but based on last season and what we have seen so far this season I don't think the Angels pitching can let them keep pace with the Rangers who are on pace to finish 2012 with 324 more runs scored than the Angles. (last season the Rangers finished with 188 more runs). The Rangers pitching, offense and defense has gotten better while the Angels has gotten worse. They certainly are capable of putting together an extended run in Angel land but I don't see them sustaining it over the entire season. I think the Angels will finish 3rd in this division at best and 20+ games behind the Rangers.

YTBulldogs
05-14-2012, 09:21 AM
Great American story. And, the ball has to look like a beachball when it's being delivered to him. Dude is just nasty at the plate. Time to just start walking him and reducing your risk.

Farmersfan
05-14-2012, 09:38 AM
Great American story. And, the ball has to look like a beachball when it's being delivered to him. Dude is just nasty at the plate. Time to just start walking him and reducing your risk.

Interesting point. The ESPN guys last night spoke about this. They said so many people are asking why teams don't simply walk Hamilton every time. I believe it was Curt Shilling who said that if teams simply walked Hamilton every at bat the Rangers would score more runs than they currently do. He seemed to believe those players behind Josh would make them pay for always walking Josh. Last night they struck out Josh and then the next 3 hitters scored. If they had walked Josh then the Rangers would have scored 4 instead of 3. And how about Cruz? Hopefully the Grand Slam will get him going.........

Old Tiger
05-14-2012, 12:36 PM
roids

defense51
05-15-2012, 07:44 AM
roids
Care to elaborate Old Tiger?

Farmersfan
05-15-2012, 08:12 AM
Following up on my previous post: The A's beat the Angels last night pretty convincingly. Unfortunately the Rangers also chose last night to completely go to sleep. That Chen guy for KC looked like a GREAT pitcher in that game. Was he really that good or did the Rangers simply make him look that good?

zebrablue2
05-15-2012, 09:03 AM
Is on pace to hit 86 homers and drive in 195 runs, while hitting .402...

Would love to see him leave Mr. Bonds in the dust!!!

orange machine
05-15-2012, 09:25 AM
Obviously the Rangers wanted to win, but it was pretty clear that Washington was not to worried about the game and more interested in getting some players some time off which is a good idea. The rangers will whoop KC tonight watch.

orange machine
05-15-2012, 09:26 AM
As a matter of fact I would give Hamilton and Cruz the night off tonight.