PDA

View Full Version : Kennedale = No Class

upper20
05-12-2012, 09:34 AM
I posted this in the baseball score thread last night, but decided it was worthy of its own thread:

Final Game 1, best of 3

Kennedale 14
Wylie 8

Not sour grapes (Wylie did not play well enough to win tonight), but have to say that the Kennedale players and fans exhibited the worst sportsmanship I have ever witnessed at a high school baseball game. There were actually a couple of their fans that came over and apologized afterword. It is shameful that the Kennedale coach and administration allow their students and athletes to behave so badly. You would expect a lot more from the defending State champs -- absolutely no class!!!

Emerson1
05-12-2012, 09:35 AM
How so?

ccmom
05-12-2012, 09:44 AM
Having a player ejected because of his attitude/mouth when you are have a significant lead
AND you are the defending state champs is ridiculous.

I'm glad to hear at least some people apologized. I'm sure they were embarrassed.

upper20
05-12-2012, 09:53 AM
How so?

Constant yelling/harassment from the dugout (even the batboy), screaming almost every time right as the pitcher is about to deliver, fans using megaphones to make personally degrading comments about opposing players, and the list goes on

eagles_victory
05-12-2012, 10:38 AM
I figured with all the Little League parents ya'll have in Abilene the kids would be use to this?

upper20
05-12-2012, 10:48 AM
I figured with all the Little League parents ya'll have in Abilene the kids would be use to this?

None of the Abilene area Little Leagues promote/tolerate/allow this type of behavior. None of the LL teams here do any of the dugout chatter

upper20
05-12-2012, 10:56 AM
Having a player ejected because of his attitude/mouth when you are have a significant lead
AND you are the defending state champs is ridiculous.

I'm glad to hear at least some people apologized. I'm sure they were embarrassed.

Funny thing was that their pitcher hit three batters in the preceding inning. The kid pitching for Wylie (probably the nicest guy on the team) hit their batter and the Kennedale kid jogged down the line while taunting the pitcher. When the umpires ejected him (as they should have), instead of their fans being ashamed of the behavior, they start yelling that Wylie's pitcher should be ejected as well!! For hitting one batter?

nt7on7
05-12-2012, 12:50 PM
Not sour grapes...

No, no sour grapes at all. What a freaking joke. That's all it is. I'm not from Kennedale, but if someone ever says, not sour grapes...it always, always is. And this will be the first time I have ever seen a fan of a losing team accuse the winning team of having no class (read with complete and total sarcasm). You have no class for calling out high school kids on a public forum. I hope you feel better that your team lost.

Bosqueville
05-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Not sour grapes...

No, no sour grapes at all. What a freaking joke. That's all it is. I'm not from Kennedale, but if someone ever says, not sour grapes...it always, always is. And this will be the first time I have ever seen a fan of a losing team accuse the winning team of having no class (read with complete and total sarcasm). You have no class for calling out high school kids on a public forum. I hope you feel better that your team lost.

Having played Wylie for years, I can assure you they have class and I trust CCmom completely on her accounts of what happened.

ccmom
05-12-2012, 02:43 PM
The fact that the kid was tossed and can't play today speaks for itself.

Anyway...whatever...

Emerson1
05-12-2012, 03:33 PM
Having played Wylie for years, I can assure you they have class and I trust CCmom completely on her accounts of what happened.
Playing for Wylie will obviously make you less bias towards them.

Bosqueville
05-12-2012, 03:42 PM
Playing for Wylie will obviously make you less bias towards them.

Sorry playing against Wylie.

stang92
05-12-2012, 04:58 PM
Last year when Andrews played K-dale they were classless-fans and players

bigwood33
05-12-2012, 05:09 PM
Wylie beat Kennedale today 5-4
Maybe that will shut them up.:evilgrin:

ccmom
05-12-2012, 06:37 PM
Wylie beat Kennedale today 5-4
Maybe that will shut them up.:evilgrin:Won game 3, too! Way to go Dawgs!!

bigwood33
05-12-2012, 06:41 PM
What was the score of the 3rd game?

ccmom
05-12-2012, 06:50 PM
What was the score of the 3rd game?game 3 was 5-3

Looking4number8
05-12-2012, 07:46 PM
I still say purleville sucks!!!!1 even though I was cheering for them today!

Congrats Wylie, keep it rolling!

bobcat1
05-12-2012, 09:08 PM
Won game 3, too! Way to go Dawgs!!Awesome!

mwrams
05-12-2012, 09:14 PM
So it looks like it's Wylie vs Mineral Wells

upper20
05-12-2012, 11:14 PM
Not sour grapes...

You read that part where I said Wylie did not play well enough to win game 1? Did I blame Kennedale's behavior for causing Wylie to play poorly? Did I identify any of the students? Maybe you should read more closely before you start hurling accusations.

Also, since when is something wrong with calling out a group for poor behavior? If the Kennedale parents/coaches/administrators would do their jobs and deal with it, ...

It was surprising how many more of Kennedale fans came over today and apologized to Wylie fans for the behavior of the students (players and athletes) and a handful of their fans. Sort of made it look like the inmates are running the asylum. Kennedale has several really good players - they just need to let their play do their talking.

Tejastrue
05-12-2012, 11:21 PM
Not sour grapes...

We call out high school kids all the time here. When the names/numbers are dropped, then there is a problem. U20 is just airing a beef...

Txbroadcaster
05-13-2012, 12:05 AM
You read that part where I said Wylie did not play well enough to win game 1? Did I blame Kennedale's behavior for causing Wylie to play poorly? Did I identify any of the students? Maybe you should read more closely before you start hurling accusations.

Also, since when is something wrong with calling out a group for poor behavior? If the Kennedale parents/coaches/administrators would do their jobs and deal with it, ...

It was surprising how many more of Kennedale fans came over today and apologized to Wylie fans for the behavior of the students (players and athletes) and a handful of their fans. Sort of made it look like the inmates are running the asylum. Kennedale has several really good players - they just need to let their play do their talking.

If some of thwir fans came over and said sorry it proves the town has some class and it is just some who get stupid. So maybe you should not paint the whole town with one brush like you did with the thread title

Manso/V8
05-13-2012, 12:12 AM
C'mon football season.

bobcat1
05-13-2012, 06:40 AM
C'mon football season.This!

regaleagle
05-13-2012, 07:21 AM
It will be August before you can turn around, the way this year is going. Lots of stuff happening fast in the world today.

Bullaholic
05-13-2012, 08:59 AM
Dang, I thought this was a thread about school being out in Kennedale early....

And, ditto on the "hurry up football season".....

bolshavik
05-13-2012, 11:29 AM
Stop crying and take your whipping and go home. Nothing worse than loser fans crying because you got beat.

ccmom
05-13-2012, 01:40 PM
Stop crying and take your whipping and go home. Nothing worse than loser fans crying because you got beat.Nope, we aren't going home. We are going to the next round but thanks for the advice. :rolleyes:

regaleagle
05-13-2012, 01:41 PM
Who is that remark intended for or aimed at, bolshavik???

JaJohn25
05-13-2012, 03:15 PM
Well, the Kennedale boys might have shown bad sportsmanship but their girls showed a lot of class yesterday in Aledo. After playing a tough series in Jacksboro, the team traveled to support West as they came back in the bottom of the seventh to beat Burkburnett 3-2. You haven't seen poor sportsmanship until you see this team and their coach. Anyway after the game the Kennedale team stormed the fiels and celebrated with West and both teams took a group picutre together. Pretty cool scene from district rivals who have played two classic games. The West fans thought it was very classy and was very appreciative.

ccmom
05-13-2012, 04:09 PM
Well, the Kennedale boys might have shown bad sportsmanship but their girls showed a lot of class yesterday in Aledo. After playing a tough series in Jacksboro, the team traveled to support West as they came back in the bottom of the seventh to beat Burkburnett 3-2. You haven't seen poor sportsmanship until you see this team and their coach. Anyway after the game the Kennedale team stormed the fiels and celebrated with West and both teams took a group picutre together. Pretty cool scene from district rivals who have played two classic games. The West fans thought it was very classy and was very appreciative.Nice! Congrats!!!

rholl
05-14-2012, 12:14 PM
I dont know why people on here are always rushing to defend poor behavior.....they are 17 and 18 yr olds, they drive, they can go to jail...they can be accountable for their actions. If you act like the spoiled little punk teams on the Benchwarmers, you should hear about it.

Old Tiger
05-14-2012, 12:18 PM
sounds like some whiney fans to me. You probably would of hated to play rockdale softball team in spring of 05 and 06.

pirate4state
05-14-2012, 03:42 PM
ugh...

Old Tiger
05-14-2012, 03:44 PM
ugh...just shut up! :D

ctown81
05-14-2012, 04:12 PM
I posted this in the baseball score thread last night, but decided it was worthy of its own thread:

Final Game 1, best of 3

Kennedale 14
Wylie 8

Not sour grapes (Wylie did not play well enough to win tonight), but have to say that the Kennedale players and fans exhibited the worst sportsmanship I have ever witnessed at a high school baseball game. There were actually a couple of their fans that came over and apologized afterword. It is shameful that the Kennedale coach and administration allow their students and athletes to behave so badly. You would expect a lot more from the defending State champs -- absolutely no class!!!

I don't think this is worthy of it's own thread. You title the thread Kennedale= No class. Really, out of a very small number you call out the whole town. How about those 10-15 people were classless.

Old Tiger
05-14-2012, 04:13 PM
I don't think this is worthy of it's own thread. You title the thread Kennedale= No class. Really, out of a very small number you call out the whole town. How about those 10-15 people were classless.I find you calling out his call out to be classless! So i'm calling you out on calling him out about calling out Kennedale.

ctown81
05-14-2012, 04:18 PM
I find you calling out his call out to be classless! So i'm calling you out on calling him out about calling out Kennedale.

ummm ok

upper20
05-14-2012, 04:54 PM
I don't think this is worthy of it's own thread. You title the thread Kennedale= No class. Really, out of a very small number you call out the whole town. How about those 10-15 people were classless.

You and TXBroadcaster are correct - the title is too broad and I would change it if I could. The thread was directed toward the baseball team, baseball coaches, vice principal, and a number of the fans that were in attendance. It certainly was not intended as a reflection of the rest of the school or the Kennedale community, so I apologize if taken as such.

ctown81
05-14-2012, 05:29 PM
You and TXBroadcaster are correct - the title is too broad and I would change it if I could. The thread was directed toward the baseball team, baseball coaches, vice principal, and a number of the fans that were in attendance. It certainly was not intended as a reflection of the rest of the school or the Kennedale community, so I apologize if taken as such.

Am I the only one wishing I was at this game so I could have a little excitement in the offseason?

coach
05-14-2012, 09:04 PM
Well, the Kennedale boys might have shown bad sportsmanship but their girls showed a lot of class yesterday in Aledo. After playing a tough series in Jacksboro, the team traveled to support West as they came back in the bottom of the seventh to beat Burkburnett 3-2. You haven't seen poor sportsmanship until you see this team and their coach. Anyway after the game the Kennedale team stormed the fiels and celebrated with West and both teams took a group picutre together. Pretty cool scene from district rivals who have played two classic games. The West fans thought it was very classy and was very appreciative.

Wow. Only in girls sports would that ever happen. That's why girl sports rent really sports.....I'd cut every single one of my players if they did that. Can you imagine brownwood do that with stephenville this year in the playoffs lol

Manso/V8
05-14-2012, 09:35 PM
A little chatter can make a baseball game a least a little interesting.
I think the chatter may left baseball about the same time the participation trophies came became the standard.

yellaseeker
05-14-2012, 10:11 PM
I dont know why people on here are always rushing to defend poor behavior.....they are 17 and 18 yr olds, they drive, they can go to jail...they can be accountable for their actions. If you act like the spoiled little punk teams on the Benchwarmers, you should hear about it.

:ditto:

pancho villa
05-15-2012, 07:53 AM
this is a perfect example of why we should not even play baseball(standaround) or softball(standaround) If fans from one school are going to cry about a little yelling and heckling. Tell them standaround boys and wimpy fans to grow a set!

franz
05-15-2012, 08:39 AM
this is a perfect example of why we should not even play baseball(standaround) or softball(standaround) If fans from one school are going to cry about a little yelling and heckling. Tell them standaround boys and wimpy fans to grow a set!

It's called sportsmanship. Some have it, some don't. It's one thing to root for your team, but when you try and belittle your opponent there is a line crossed. I forget, is High School Sports win at all costs no matter how you might reflect on your school or to teach kids to win and lose with dignity. If my kid did what the Kennedale player did, the umpire would not have had to toss him out of the game. I wonder if his parents feel the same. And the wimpy fans will grow a set when you get a clue.

pancho villa
05-15-2012, 08:54 AM
It's called sportsmanship. Some have it, some don't. It's one thing to root for your team, but when you try and belittle your opponent there is a line crossed. I forget, is High School Sports win at all costs no matter how you might reflect on your school or to teach kids to win and lose with dignity. If my kid did what the Kennedale player did, the umpire would not have had to toss him out of the game. I wonder if his parents feel the same. And the wimpy fans will grow a set when you get a clue.

Quit crying! Typical standaround fan!

Bullaholic
05-15-2012, 09:05 AM
Quit crying! Typical standaround fan!

Como un hombre duro...:D

nobogey72
05-15-2012, 10:42 AM
Heckling from the stands and even some from the dugout is pretty much part of the deal in COLLEGE baseball. Some are worse than others and when you go play in someone elses park you just come to expect it. That is the reason that alot of COLLEGE baseball fans go to the games is to heckle the other team. HIGH SCHOOL baseball teams and fans that do this comes as quite a shock to opponents that haven't witnessed it when it's pretty intense as Kennedale's heckling evidently was. My opinion is the Kennedale coach is the problem. If he obviously allows his dugout to act that way then the classless adjective is appropariate. You can't hardly blame the kids if the coach allows it. The best way to shut them up is to do what Wylie did the next day and just come back and beat their ass twice and they can watch or read about the rest of the playoffs.

ctown81
05-15-2012, 10:55 AM

Don't think anyone is defending theirs actions. There was only an issue with the OP calling out Kennedale which he since apologized for. I for one loved playing against a rowdy obnoxious crowd. That motivated me more. Classless in my opinion is someone getting hurt and the crowd cheering, but things like heckling don't bother me at all. I really don't heckling affect kids on the high school varsity level at all.

ctown81
05-15-2012, 11:03 AM
Heckling from the stands and even some from the dugout is pretty much part of the deal in COLLEGE baseball. Some are worse than others and when you go play in someone elses park you just come to expect it. That is the reason that alot of COLLEGE baseball fans go to the games is to heckle the other team. HIGH SCHOOL baseball teams and fans that do this comes as quite a shock to opponents that haven't witnessed it when it's pretty intense as Kennedale's heckling evidently was. My opinion is the Kennedale coach is the problem. If he obviously allows his dugout to act that way then the classless adjective is appropariate. You can't hardly blame the kids if the coach allows it. The best way to shut them up is to do what Wylie did the next day and just come back and beat their ass twice and they can watch or read about the rest of the playoffs.

+1 on that last sentence. I remember in the late 80's and early 90's when my brother played baseball for carthage. They were playoff rivals with Waxahachie and and in 1990 Carthage (in my opinion the best hs team ever fielded :)) was starting 5 black players and the hecklers from Waxahachie were second to none then. Most were pretty tamed but I remember 2 fans in particular using racial slurs and even called a player a big gorilla. (notice i said only two fans). The reason I mentioned that is because to the best of my knowledge, none of those players suffered any mental illnesses and didn't need counseling.

pancho villa
05-15-2012, 11:42 AM
I remember when one fan. Never mind I don't go to standaround contests. Their for Non A's

pirate4state
05-15-2012, 11:43 AM
i remember when one fan. Never mind i don't go to standaround contests. Their for non a's

shhhhhhhhhhh

Manso/V8
05-15-2012, 06:54 PM
I think it is kind of classless to see a grown man, the coach, wearing those tight knickerbocker pants at the game.