PDA

View Full Version : What's the funniest thing you've ever heard, seen, or done on a football field?

Cam
05-11-2012, 02:57 PM
During your playing days that is...not with your girly friend on a Saturday night!

For me, it wasn't funny at the time, but it is now...7th grade. I'm on the KO receiving team. My job was to run back bout 15 yards, turn around, and hit someone. First time I ever did it, I was movin' like no other, with such fluidity, such gracefulness, then I turned around and saw three kids coming at me. Two skinny ones and a monster one in the middle!!......so, what did I do?....I picked the one in the middle!.....that boy put a helmet into my chest so hard I made two large divots with my cleats!....all I remember is looking up at the puffy white clouds and a Southwest Airlines jet making little circles up in the sky......needless to say, I kept hoping our defense could hold so they wouldn't have to kickoff again....but, they scored at will. Didn't matter though, I made sure to go after the skinny kids and dang, was I good!!!......:crazy1:

I got plenty more stories, but I want to read yours...

ctown81
05-11-2012, 03:10 PM
Mike Hagan, former NFL fullback and Christian stength team leader told a funny story at a resturaunt one night. It was a preseason game his rookie season and we was playing with the seahawks. They put him in the game and his assignment was to block LT on a particular play. He said he had it all planned out what he was going to do. He wanted to make sure he got lower than LT.

Well to make a long story short, as he went low LT's forearm came up and knocked him out for a sec. As he was coming to he noticed he could only see out of one eye and began to panic. At this time he noticed everyone on the sideline pointing and laughing at him. As the trainer met him while walking off the field he asked the trainer why they were laughing at such a serious matter. Then the trainer just twisted his helmet back into place. He was looking through the ear hole.

ctown81
05-11-2012, 03:16 PM
I remember when I was a kid watching a carthage intersquad scrimmage with my dad and all of the other dads. There was one kid getting whooped on the offensive line the whole scrimmage and we were trying to figure out who it was, well all except one guy. Everyone kept asking "who is this kid thats getting drove all over the field?". Well when the guys took their helmets off and low and behold the one guy that kept quiet the whole time, it was his son and my dad asked him did he know it was his son and his reply was priceless "sh** I knew it was him the whole time, but I wasn't going to say a word".

lostaussie
05-11-2012, 03:26 PM
2 years ago Gilmer vs Gladewater in OT..............Buckeyes down 35-34 going for 2 and a win...............skunk busted right through the home stands and let er go! We won but i didn't see it:D

jdawg2012
05-11-2012, 03:31 PM
In junior high our team got split up into A team and B team, something that we had never done. I was on B team because I was the only other person who could kickoff AND long snap besides our overall starting center. We scored a touchdown for the first time as B team and went for two on a QB sneak. Our inexperienced QB got under center (me) and said "Down..." but I didn't know where he was because he wasn't making contact with me (no homo, thats just how it is). So I backed up, pulled him down and swapped places with him. I ran the play as QB and got the conversion. Back on the sidelines my coach was laughing so hard that he couldn't get mad at me for doing that. It was a great day, we won 56-0.

SHSBulldog00
05-11-2012, 03:46 PM
When I was in high school we wre playing a home game against "I believe Hitchcock". We were on defense at about our own 30 and a golden retriever got loose on the field and took a dump on the 30 while we were in a huddle. The referee's made sure to stay away from that spot on the field the rest of the game. To me that has to be the winner.