PDA

View Full Version : NFL concussions and bounties

Old Tiger
05-10-2012, 05:24 PM
ESPN is very annoying about all this...

Now days everything is because of a concussion or possible bounty. I'm really getting fed up with ESPN. All because washed up players that made bad investments are broke and suing the NFL trying to get money.

ctown81
05-10-2012, 06:27 PM
ESPN is very annoying about all this...

Now days everything is because of a concussion or possible bounty. I'm really getting fed up with ESPN. All because washed up players that made bad investments are broke and suing the NFL trying to get money.

I understand your frustrations but concussions are a serious matter. We can talk about being tough all day but head injuries is NOTHING to play with.

Farmersfan
05-11-2012, 08:14 AM
I think the ex NFL players are exaggerating their ignorance over the risks involved in playing this game. Junior Seau for instance made MILLIONS in this game based on his ability to knock the crap out of people. If you had told him in his prime that he could stop playing football and lose all that money or continue to play and risk long term brain injury there is no doubt in my mind which he would choose. All these guys CHOSE to play the game. We can debate the extent of their risk knowledge all day long but i don't see how that matters. If they chose to accept the risk regardless of how big it is for the sake of high earning capability then how can they then go back later after getting the money and claim they should get restitution? It's a direct reflection of how liberal our society is becoming. It doesn't matter what the subject is it seems it's always about removing personal responsibility and putting it on someone else.

Farmersfan
05-11-2012, 08:18 AM
If the NFL released a Medical Study today to all NFL players that there was a 50% chance they would get permanent brain damage from playing football, how many current NFL players would give back their contracts and quit the game? I say NONE! If any did it would be a very, very small percentage. The NFL players understand the risks but chose to pursue the money instead...... End of Story!

lostaussie
05-11-2012, 03:31 PM
If the NFL dies..........so does ESPN. They should think about that.:thinking: