MGAR
05-10-2012, 11:26 AM
The end is near.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/usb0009m4g.php

SHSBulldog00
05-10-2012, 12:18 PM
The end is near.

It looks really close to Carthage and Tenaha.....Did you feel it?

MGAR
05-10-2012, 12:23 PM
No, I didn't feel a thing but some guys we have in that area claim they felt it.

Looking at the map it appears to be in the Timpson area.

SHSBulldog00
05-10-2012, 12:26 PM
No, I didn't feel a thing but some guys we have in that area claim they felt it.

Do you know where in Shelby County?

MGAR
05-10-2012, 12:26 PM
Do you know where in Shelby County?

Edited last post before I saw this one. Look up.

Cam
05-10-2012, 12:32 PM
The end is near.

Well it might just be....but I'll tell ya this, it won't happen on Dec. 21, 2012 like them crazy Mayans predicted! (if that's how you interpret their calendar)....Hell, if them Mayans were so dang smart, why did they disappear?....They just let them crazy Spaniards come on over and take over the joint......what the Mayans should've been able to do (cause of their supposed smarts), was read the stars and know an invasion was coming....then they could've prepared for battle, kicked the crap of the Spanish, and raped the hell out of their women...especially the ones that looked like Salma Hayek!!:evilgrin:.......

OK OK, I'll give the Mayans credit for coming up with the concept of "zero".....but I've heard even that was an accident!....Here's how it went down:

Three Mayan hunters went a huntin'...(Quetzy, Estaspendejo, and Azho)...Now granted, Azho was actually a transplanted Aztec (hence his name)....but they ran his ass out for tryin' to bang one of the kings many wives.......anyways, as these three fellas made their way thru the jungle with Azho in the lead, Azho suddenly stopped and singled Quetzy and Estaspendejo to stop......Azho had heard a noise in the bushes and proceeded to investigate...as Azho reached out with his arms to open up the foliage, he bent over exposing his horrendous rear end to the other two......Quetzy couldn't help himself, looked at Estaspendejo, opened up his hands and put his two thumbs and pointer fingers together to symbolize the giant anus he had just seen!!.......The gigglin' commenced...Azho turned around to see what all the fuss was about and at that moment a ferocious black Liberty Hilly panther jumped out of the bushes and pounced on Azho..(Apocalypto style).......Quetzy and Estaspendejo booked it....the panther took chase....Estaspendejo was only about a 4.9 40 guy so he was laggin' behind Quetzy. Sure enough, the panther caught Estaspendejo and ripped him to shreads......Quetzy managed to get away.....For days, Quetzy was questioned about the whereabouts of the other two......but Quetzy was in such shock all he could do was make that "zero" symbol with his hands.....that symbol quickly caught on whenever there was an absence of someone or something.....hence, ZERO was born!!!
So, Quetzy was pretty much given credit for zero......but in reality, Azho started this whole mess.....and he was an Aztec!!.....So, the Aztecs should at least be given partial credit for zero!!!
And that's what I was learned....it's all there in the textbook, "The History of Mexico - 3rd Edition"....in case you don't believe me!!!...........:vrycnfsd:

lostaussie
05-10-2012, 01:33 PM
It looks really close to Carthage and Tenaha.....Did you feel it?Speaking of tenaha...........whats up with the police department? sounds like they had a hell of a scam going on until the feds stepped in:D

Manso/V8
05-10-2012, 02:00 PM
OK OK, I'll give the Mayans credit for coming up with the concept of "zero".

So what you are really saying is the Mayans invented "nothing".

coach
05-10-2012, 02:15 PM
i heard this earthquake was faster than most since it was in east texas

44INAROW
05-10-2012, 02:19 PM

nice :crazy1:

MGAR
05-10-2012, 02:36 PM

Well... it was a 3.7

Not sure if that was handheld or FAT.

Cam
05-10-2012, 02:36 PM
So what you are really saying is the Mayans invented "nothing".

Ah hell Manso....don't get me started on another long-winded explanation.......:crazy1:

buckeyebob
05-11-2012, 06:03 AM

It was very fast...gone before anyone noticed.

LionFan72
05-11-2012, 07:36 AM
Might not have been a earthquake afterall, sounds more like The vaccuum of the State Title being removed outta Carthage and back to west of I-35. Hope all you guys are safe!!

1st and goal
05-11-2012, 08:09 AM
Fastest earthquakes in the world are centered in east Texas.

oldtownag
05-11-2012, 08:15 AM
Might not have been a earthquake afterall, sounds more like The vaccuum of the State Title being removed outta Carthage and back to west of I-35. Hope all you guys are safe!!
Smack talk falls a little short when your team had nothing to do with last years setback.

OldBison75
05-11-2012, 09:48 AM
In West Texas the ground rumbles, In South Texas the ground trembles, In North Texas the ground shifts, but in East Texas, the ground jolts and stops. The speed of the East Texas earthquake is more like an explosion of power and the the calm time to brag about how fast it happened.

waterboy
05-11-2012, 10:04 AM
Good one, OldBison75. It was so fast I never even felt it.:D

ctown81
05-11-2012, 10:43 AM

Don't worry it's coming back very soon and order will be restored in east texas.

buckeyebob
05-12-2012, 07:40 AM
Smack talk falls a little short when your team had nothing to do with last years setback.

That means I am qualified to smack away.

buckeyebob
05-12-2012, 07:42 AM
In West Texas the ground rumbles, In South Texas the ground trembles, In North Texas the ground shifts, but in East Texas, the ground jolts and stops. The speed of the East Texas earthquake is more like an explosion of power and the the calm time to brag about how fast it happened.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-bounce014.gif

EXCELLENT!

LionFan72
05-12-2012, 09:09 AM

Smack talk, you consider that smack talk, your feelings must remain a little raw, sorry I tripped over your tongue. Just trying to make light of a serious situation. Now please remain calm!

SHSBulldog00
05-17-2012, 01:10 PM
4.3 today back in Timpson @ 3:12 am

http://www.click2houston.com/news/4-3-magnitude-earthquake-rattles-east-Texas/-/1735978/13435020/-/1qduygz/-/index.html

Too many people knockin' boots or something

rockdale80
05-17-2012, 01:22 PM

http://www.click2houston.com/news/4-3-magnitude-earthquake-rattles-east-Texas/-/1735978/13435020/-/1qduygz/-/index.html

Fracking....

Ville-D
05-17-2012, 01:28 PM
Fracking....

But XTO Energy says it is not possible that fracking could cause quakes...

It must be this.:iagree:

SHSBulldog00
05-17-2012, 02:10 PM
I don't see anything wrong with fracking....

They get to tap another source using the same hole. A lot less expensive if you ask me.

Cam
05-17-2012, 02:41 PM

Them darn horny folks of Timpson been knockin' some boots,
Even scared the Great Horned Owl and quit makin' hoots.
Maybe they just need to buy more of them high-priced Temperpedics,
Or maybe the men folk need to leave the gals alone and just beat it.
But it could've just been them east Texas boys practicing their jukes.......:2thumbsup

Txbroadcaster
05-17-2012, 03:02 PM
it was not a quake..it was East Texas teams having their 280 pound OL all run the 40 at 4.3 at the same time