PDA

View Full Version : Mike Leach is awesome

Old Tiger
05-09-2012, 01:00 PM
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg619/scaled.php?tn=0&server=619&filename=iqthzm.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

C raig
J ames
K illed
H ookers

He didn't say allegedly so I think he knows more facts.

RoyceTTU
05-09-2012, 01:57 PM
yea, i saw this this a.m. It truely is awesome. I finished his book a couple of weeks ago. Just goes to show, if you mess with the wrong folks, they'll hang your ass.

Farmersfan
05-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Why can't that moron Leach just fade away like most other bad ideas?????

RoyceTTU
05-09-2012, 04:08 PM
as long as he is destroying Craig James, I'll root him on. CJ is a dumbass.

I actually hope he does well up north this year. I suspect he'll really struggle though getting recruits to go up there.

Txbroadcaster
05-09-2012, 04:14 PM

Cause he was not a bad idea for Tech and he got screwed by the school he helped make relevent because they did not want to pay him.

regaleagle
05-09-2012, 05:52 PM
That's about the size of it, and he didn't get along with his bosses at Tech. They were just looking for an excuse to say "Thanks, but we got this now".

bigwood33
05-09-2012, 05:58 PM
We may be in the minority FF but I'm with you. I DO think this sig is funny and don't really want to rehash the whole Leach thing but, in my opinion, you're right. I really hope the Red Raiders bounce back a little this year just so the Leach chants will happen a little less.

slingshot
05-09-2012, 05:58 PM
That's about the size of it, and he didn't get along with his bosses at Tech. They were just looking for an excuse to say "Thanks, but we got this now"....and how's that working out for them?

MustangFootball
05-09-2012, 09:52 PM
Mike Leach is one of the greatest offensive minds in college football and will make some noise in the PAC 10, I'm a very huge Mike Leach fan and a huge Texas Tech fan, I hope both do very well this year.

RoyceTTU
05-10-2012, 06:59 AM
Cause he was not a bad idea for Tech and he got screwed by the school he helped make relevent because they did not want to pay him.

Thats a little bit of a close minded statement. I'm not saying it's wrong but your painting one side to be completely faulted. That was definetly not the case. Even if you read his book he admits that some of his antics brought on some of the reasons he was targeted.

But yes he got screwed
No they didn't want to pay him more even though he was the 3rd highest paid in the Big 12
and yes they were looking for a way to oust him

I'm totally on the fence on this one. I'll root them both on unless they are playing each other then my alegience stays with the college my monthly payments go to.

RoyceTTU
05-10-2012, 07:00 AM
but one thing is for sure. Leach hates CJ, I hate CJ and I bet most of us hate CJ. Surely we can all agree on that.

For got sakes Craig James Killed 5 hookers in college. :devil:

Txbroadcaster
05-10-2012, 09:25 AM
Thats a little bit of a close minded statement. I'm not saying it's wrong but your painting one side to be completely faulted. That was definetly not the case. Even if you read his book he admits that some of his antics brought on some of the reasons he was targeted.

But yes he got screwed
No they didn't want to pay him more even though he was the 3rd highest paid in the Big 12

I'm totally on the fence on this one. I'll root them both on unless they are playing each other then my alegience stays with the college my monthly payments go to.

yes some of his antics were over the top..foolish and so on...but the James incident was not one of them and the school jumped when they saw a window to get them out of the payments to him that were about to hit

Farmersfan
05-10-2012, 10:05 AM
yes some of his antics were over the top..foolish and so on...but the James incident was not one of them and the school jumped when they saw a window to get them out of the payments to him that were about to hit

And the problem with this is what? And how the hell do you know what happened in the "James incident"? You have heard the incident presented by 2 sides and both have their own agenda. YOU chose to believe one side over the other. But none of that matters because the FACTS are that Mike Leach was an employee of the university and he did something the university didn't like. he then followed it up with a number of other things the university didn't like even after being told not to. Bottom line is if you disregard what your BOSS tells you to do then it is very likely you will be fired. Except, apparently according to you, if you can coach and do a good job this doesn't apply to you! Give me a break! Mike Leach was a arrogant, self absorbed moron who overstepped his bounds and paid for it from another arrogant, self absorbed moron who just so happened to be his boss! I've had 6 relatives and several family friends attended Tech during Leach's tenure there and they all say he was a complete out of control idiot but they loved him because he could coach the hell out of football. If for no other reason than the fact that he stepped on the toes of his boss it has to be Leach's fault all this happened... Follow the rules and be respectful to your boss and then if you are fired it might be considered getting "Screwed"! But Mike Leach certainly wasn't screwed.

Txbroadcaster
05-10-2012, 10:14 AM
And the problem with this is what? And how the hell do you know what happened in the "James incident"? You have heard the incident presented by 2 sides and both have their own agenda. YOU chose to believe one side over the other. But none of that matters because the FACTS are that Mike Leach was an employee of the university and he did something the university didn't like. he then followed it up with a number of other things the university didn't like even after being told not to. Bottom line is if you disregard what your BOSS tells you to do then it is very likely you will be fired. Except, apparently according to you, if you can coach and do a good job this doesn't apply to you! Give me a break! Mike Leach was a arrogant, self absorbed moron who overstepped his bounds and paid for it from another arrogant, self absorbed moron who just so happened to be his boss! I've had 6 relatives and several family friends attended Tech during Leach's tenure there and they all say he was a complete out of control idiot but they loved him because he could coach the hell out of football. If for no other reason than the fact that he stepped on the toes of his boss it has to be Leach's fault all this happened... Follow the rules and be respectful to your boss and then if you are fired it might be considered getting "Screwed"! But Mike Leach certainly wasn't screwed.

Actually there is the third side..Adam James who when deposed admitted he let himself into the closet, thought it was all funny.

Farmersfan
05-10-2012, 10:16 AM

But yes he got screwed

At some point a person must maintain a NORMAL perspective on life. Once you get too big for your britches you are destinied to be taken down a notch or two by someone else who has bigger britches. This is what happened to Leach. His ego convinced him that he was large and in charge so much so that he feared very little the consequences of his actions. Mike Leach was past the understanding of political correctness and the need for moderation of his off-the-wall antics. In Lubbock Texas Mike Leach felt like he was God and even his bosses had no real authority over him. He demonstrated this often with his flaunting of the rules and even when specifically given instruction concerning the James incident he threw the instructions back into the faces of those who held his employment in their hands. Mike Leach isn't the only one who made mistakes in this situation but Mike Leach is the only one who chose to disregard their boss's instructions. Nothing else needs said!

Farmersfan
05-10-2012, 10:21 AM
Actually there is the third side..Adam Jones who when deposed admitted he let himself into the closet, thought it was all funny.

Wasn't it Adam James that called Daddy and complaint about it that started this entire thing? Seems a bit odd that someone who "Let himself into the closet" and "thought it was funny" would be calling and crying to daddy. Sometimes 1 + 1 has to equal 2..................

Txbroadcaster
05-10-2012, 10:23 AM
Wasn't it Adam James that called Daddy and complaint about it that started this entire thing? Seems a bit odd that someone who "Let himself into the closet" and "thought it was funny" would be calling and crying to daddy. Sometimes 1 + 1 has to equal 2..................

actually under oath he said he called dad not to complain but becausse he found it funny and thought his dad would as well

Farmersfan
05-10-2012, 10:25 AM
actually under oath he said he called dad not to complain but becausse he found it funny and thought his dad would as well

1 + 1 TXB! 1 + 1!

But in reality this even matter in the overall scheme of things. The ONLY thing that matters is that Mike Leach's boss found it inappropriate and wrong. End of story!

Txbroadcaster
05-10-2012, 10:31 AM
1 + 1 TXB! 1 + 1!

But in reality this even matter in the overall scheme of things. The ONLY thing that matters is that Mike Leach's boss found it inappropriate and wrong. End of story!

Or they used a minor issue got it blown up to give them an out

Farmersfan
05-10-2012, 10:40 AM
Or they used a minor issue got it blown up to give them an out

They wouldn't have needed to or wanted to if not for Leach's history......

(If that's really what actually happened)

Txbroadcaster
05-10-2012, 10:50 AM
They wouldn't have needed to or wanted to if not for Leach's history......

(If that's really what actually happened)

what history? other than being goofy( in a good way) he had done nothing up to the James incident

RoyceTTU
05-10-2012, 12:17 PM
it had to do with the contract negotiations. The way Leach conducted this was in poor fashion. Not to mention him interviewing jobs every offseason.

on the flip side though,

Kent wasn't supposed to be apart of the negotiations(its against Tech by-laws) and the booster damn sure wasn't.....both parties at fault

The interviewing is done by many coaches, but you can't expect it to not rub others the wrong way.

Farmersfan
05-10-2012, 03:43 PM
what history? other than being goofy( in a good way) he had done nothing up to the James incident

And you know this how? It is a known fact that Leach and Myer had many, many confrontations and Leach was in the middle of a power play to get more control from Myer. And Leach wasn't fired because of his involvement in the James incident. Leach was fired because he filed a lawsuit to appeal his suspension. Instead of accepting the judgement of his EMPLOYERS, Mike Leach decided another course of action which sought to discredit the reaction of those same people. I can't think of another move Leach could have made that would have shown lesser respect for his employer's authority! Combine this to the multitudes of other clashes with his bosses that I KNOW Leach had and it's no wonder they took whatever option he made available to them to get rid of him. Again, Leach isn't the only one who made bad decisions in this situation. But Leach is the employee!!!!! That means his job is in the hands of other people. Only a moron like him would step on those hands like he did...........

Txbroadcaster
05-10-2012, 04:05 PM
And you know this how? It is a known fact that Leach and Myer had many, many confrontations and Leach was in the middle of a power play to get more control from Myer. And Leach wasn't fired because of his involvement in the James incident. Leach was fired because he filed a lawsuit to appeal his suspension. Instead of accepting the judgement of his EMPLOYERS, Mike Leach decided another course of action which sought to discredit the reaction of those same people. I can't think of another move Leach could have made that would have shown lesser respect for his employer's authority! Combine this to the multitudes of other clashes with his bosses that I KNOW Leach had and it's no wonder they took whatever option he made available to them to get rid of him. Again, Leach isn't the only one who made bad decisions in this situation. But Leach is the employee!!!!! That means his job is in the hands of other people. Only a moron like him would step on those hands like he did...........

Leach filesd suit AFTER he was fired..he was fired only 2 days after suspension

Saggy Aggie
05-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Leach filesd suit AFTER he was fired..he was fired only 2 days after suspension this thread is entertaining and its really obvious ff has no idea what he's talking about.

Carry on

Old Tiger
05-10-2012, 05:16 PM
a hilarious thread ruined by farmersfan...jesus dude not everything has to be a debate about issues other than craig james killing 5 hookers, allegedly.

bigwood33
05-10-2012, 05:18 PM
OT, it is really nice of you to use that vid of your GF in your sig line...I really appreciate it! :D

LIONS#1
05-10-2012, 05:20 PM
this thread is entertaining and its really obvious ff has no idea what he's talking about.

Carry on

I don't agree with aggy very often but...LOL I do on this!!:nerd:

Farmersfan
05-11-2012, 08:27 AM
this thread is entertaining and its really obvious ff has no idea what he's talking about.

Carry on

The obvious thing is that none of you actually know what the hell you are talking about. Leach wasn't suspended until he refused to apoligize and he wasn't fired until he filed a suit to overturn the suspension. Please learn the FACTs before you start mouthing off...........

"On December 28, 2009, Leach was suspended indefinitely by Texas Tech pending investigation of alleged inappropriate treatment of Adam James, son of former SMU and New England Patriots running back (and former ESPN college football analyst) Craig James. On December 16, James suffered a concussion. He was examined the next day, and told not to practice that afternoon due to the concussion. According to a James family source, Leach ordered him to stand in the equipment room near the Raiders' practice facility. According to the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal, school officials claim they gave Leach an ultimatum to apologize to James in writing by December 28 or Leach would be suspended. His attorney, Ted Liggett, disputed the characterization of events as reported by the university and other news sources, and said that James had been treated reasonably in light of his condition.[50]
Leach immediately sought an injunction that would allow him to coach in the 2010 Alamo Bowl. However, on December 30, Texas Tech fired Leach, calling his refusal to apologize to James "a defiant act of insubordination."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Leach_(coach)

Farmersfan
05-11-2012, 08:36 AM
a hilarious thread ruined by farmersfan...jesus dude not everything has to be a debate about issues other than craig james killing 5 hookers, allegedly.

In the first place, there was nothing hilarious about this thread! And secondly, it wasn't me who turned it into a debate. I voiced my opinion just like everyone else does and a few others decided to inform me of the errors of my ways. And just so you know for future reference, the only reason I debate with people on here is because people on here are WRONG! You don't want to be proven wrong-don't be wrong! :D

regaleagle
05-11-2012, 09:00 AM
So does all of this mean that Mike Leach isn't really that awesome afterall???

Manso/V8
05-11-2012, 09:29 AM
Nothing else needs said!
You promised this back on page one of this thread, and then you continued to rant and babble on and on.
Why are you so emotionally charged about Mike Leach?
Are you actually Craig James or just a Craig James fan?

Farmersfan
05-11-2012, 10:23 AM
You promised this back on page one of this thread, and then you continued to rant and babble on and on.
Why are you so emotionally charged about Mike Leach?
Are you actually Craig James or just a Craig James fan?

You hate on me for continuing to "rant and babble on and on" and then you ask me another question. :tisk:

Txbroadcaster
05-11-2012, 10:29 AM
The obvious thing is that none of you actually know what the hell you are talking about. Leach wasn't suspended until he refused to apoligize and he wasn't fired until he filed a suit to overturn the suspension. Please learn the FACTs before you start mouthing off...........

"On December 28, 2009, Leach was suspended indefinitely by Texas Tech pending investigation of alleged inappropriate treatment of Adam James, son of former SMU and New England Patriots running back (and former ESPN college football analyst) Craig James. On December 16, James suffered a concussion. He was examined the next day, and told not to practice that afternoon due to the concussion. According to a James family source, Leach ordered him to stand in the equipment room near the Raiders' practice facility. According to the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal, school officials claim they gave Leach an ultimatum to apologize to James in writing by December 28 or Leach would be suspended. His attorney, Ted Liggett, disputed the characterization of events as reported by the university and other news sources, and said that James had been treated reasonably in light of his condition.[50]
Leach immediately sought an injunction that would allow him to coach in the 2010 Alamo Bowl. However, on December 30, Texas Tech fired Leach, calling his refusal to apologize to James "a defiant act of insubordination."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Leach_(coach)

An injuction is not suing..all an injunction does it restore things back to before whatever issue. sueing is asking for damages.

and I dont blame Leach for not wanting to say I am sorry, he did nothing wrong

Manso/V8
05-11-2012, 11:42 AM
You hate on me for continuing to "rant and babble on and on" and then you ask me another question. :tisk:

I didn't hate you, and I asked three questions.....CABOWABO.

MGAR
05-11-2012, 12:07 PM
So does all of this mean that Mike Leach isn't really that awesome afterall???

No, not at all.

He still is awesome.

Saggy Aggie
05-11-2012, 01:13 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Leach_(coach) lol ff just referenced Wikipedia.

Farmersfan
05-11-2012, 01:56 PM
An injuction is not suing..all an injunction does it restore things back to before whatever issue. sueing is asking for damages.

and I dont blame Leach for not wanting to say I am sorry, he did nothing wrong

Come on TXB! I file injunctions at least twice a month in my job. It requires filing with a court of law. No different than filing a lawsuit for monetary damages...............

http://law.freeadvice.com/litigation/legal_remedies/what-is-an-injunction.htm

Txbroadcaster
05-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Come on TXB! I file injunctions at least twice a month in my job. It requires filing with a court of law. No different than filing a lawsuit for monetary damages...............

big difference in filing an injunction to restore a job and suing foor damages..again TTech did not want to pay him and saw a way out.

WildTexan972
05-11-2012, 03:04 PM

what an idiot from a crappy little town....FACT: what ML says happened has been confirmed by sworn statements by that slimey nobody little James kid in court documents...he admitted he lied about the entire thing, which means his cheatin daddy and all his grand standin about "caring for his boy" was all made up and acted out from a LIE....so no one has to believe one side or the other....the events that happened were not the controversy, it was the lies of the not good enough to play James kid that caused it, not ML.....

but of course bein from Farmersville, you'd not know what a really good coach looks like anyway, so no wonder you are clueless about this topic

Farmersfan
05-11-2012, 03:41 PM
big difference in filing an injunction to restore a job and suing foor damages..again TTech did not want to pay him and saw a way out.

I guess it's true that you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink...

Drink TXB! Drink!

Eagle 1
05-11-2012, 06:47 PM
I normally side with FF when it comes to Dallas/ Romo issues, but not in this case. Leach got screwed no matter how you slice it. He is a great football coach, who has his wierd tendancies, but there is no denying he got Tech on the map. I haven't read the book, but I read his biography in Texas Monthly magazine a few years ago.

Gone Fishing
05-11-2012, 08:13 PM
I normally side with FF when it comes to Dallas/ Romo issues, but not in this case. Leach got screwed no matter how you slice it. He is a great football coach, who has his wierd tendancies, but there is no denying he got Tech on the map. I haven't read the book, but I read his biography in Texas Monthly magazine a few years ago.

I always liked Leach. He put TT on the map for other people to notice across the US. Exciting to watch tech games back then, reminded me of the old Oiler "run and shoot " days. Fun to watch. and always competitive.

regaleagle
05-11-2012, 09:17 PM
So does all of this mean that Mike Leach REALLY IS awesome afterall???

Aesculus gilmus
05-12-2012, 08:17 AM
I was somewhat of a Tech T-shirt fan (never really bought any shirts, but then I don't even own any shirts having to do with my alma mater, the Longhorns) SOLELY because of Mike Leach.

Lubbock is not on any of my maps anymore. His presence was the only thing that made it interesting.

Eagle 1
05-13-2012, 09:22 AM
So does all of this mean that Mike Leach REALLY IS awesome afterall???

I'm pretty sure College Gameday wouldn't have came to Tech had Mike Leach not been there.

Manso/V8
05-13-2012, 11:45 AM
Remember CJK5H