PDA

View Full Version : Kilgore fills schedule with Sweeny

waterboy
05-09-2012, 09:21 AM
I just read where Kilgore filled their football schedule for Week 1 with Sweeny. Sweeny has/had scheduled Van Vleck for Sept. 7, but Kilgore shows their schedule to be:

August 18 Carthage Scrimmage
August 24 Hallsville Scrimmage
August 31 Marshall Home
September 8 (Sat.) Sweeny in Crockett
September 14 Pine Tree Homecoming
September 21 Mt. Pleasant Away
September 28 *Spring Hill Home
October 5 *Bullard Away
October 12 OPEN
October 19 *Gladewater Home
October 26 *Chapel Hill Away
November 2 *Henderson Home
November 9 *Gilmer Away

How is this possible? Is Kilgore's schedule correct? How good should Sweeny be this year?

scrub c
05-09-2012, 09:41 AM
VV dropped Sweeny.

waterboy
05-09-2012, 09:51 AM
Cool. I think Kilgore will be a tougher opponent anyway. Sweeny's had some very good teams over the years, but what kind of team do they look to have this year?

SHSBulldog00
05-09-2012, 10:02 AM
I heard we would be playing in Crockett, but I thought it was against Crockett. Kilgore will be great.

VV drops Sweeny:vrycnfsd:

Hard to say how good we will be this year. Depends on who returns and who steps up from JV. We will be in the playoffs as always with Columbia and the New Kid on the Block La Marque. Playing Kilgore will be a good measuring stick.

What does Kilgore have returning?

msu97
05-09-2012, 10:17 AM
not shocked that VV dropped Sweeny, there is no way the coach at VV wants anything to do with Sweeny...

Sweeny has dominated, but Sweeny v VV was a great rivalry back in the day...

waterboy
05-09-2012, 10:26 AM
I heard we would be playing in Crockett, but I thought it was against Crockett. Kilgore will be great.

VV drops Sweeny:vrycnfsd:

Hard to say how good we will be this year. Depends on who returns and who steps up from JV. We will be in the playoffs as always with Columbia and the New Kid on the Block La Marque. Playing Kilgore will be a good measuring stick.

What does Kilgore have returning?
Kilgore lost virtually all their skill players, plus some linemen on both sides of the ball. Not sure of the exact number of returning players, but they lost both of their best RBs. They did go to the 4th round in 4A playoffs last year, though. I think it'll be a good measuring stick for both teams. Kilgore always has talent, but they will be very young. They will likely struggle a little early with all the new players so Sweeny will catch them at the right time. I look for a close game, unless one team or the other makes lots of mistakes.

Matthew328
05-09-2012, 07:18 PM
So Sweeny still just has 9 games...wonder what time the Kilgore game is

Lucky2Coach
05-10-2012, 10:50 AM
So Sweeny still just has 9 games...wonder what time the Kilgore game is

Sweeny vs. Kilgore will be at 6:00 pm in Crockett.

SHSBulldog00
05-10-2012, 10:54 AM
Sweeny vs. Kilgore will be at 6:00 pm in Crockett.

I was hoping for 2:00 pm

Lucky2Coach
05-10-2012, 10:55 AM
Too hot that early in the season!

MGAR
05-10-2012, 11:33 AM
Kilgore lost virtually all their skill players, plus some linemen on both sides of the ball. Not sure of the exact number of returning players, but they lost both of their best RBs. They did go to the 4th round in 4A playoffs last year, though. I think it'll be a good measuring stick for both teams. Kilgore always has talent, but they will be very young. They will likely struggle a little early with all the new players so Sweeny will catch them at the right time. I look for a close game, unless one team or the other makes lots of mistakes.

They return some pretty good linebackers.

Caught their JV earlier in the season. Not to promising... Sophomores to be are pretty stout...

No matter what they have they will line up and run it right at you.

MGAR
05-10-2012, 02:43 PM
or they will knock you out.

http://www.kltv.com/story/18260161/fight-prompts-lockdown-at-kilgore-hs-campus